Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 75,630 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You probably mean Vickers' lifeboat Val? The escape pods could barely hold one person much less an extensive selection of art supplies.

But yeah, the lifeboat even had a grand piano onboard. I'd easily buy it if it was stocked up on art materials as well.

Valaquen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 30, 2016, 04:17:09 PM
You probably mean Vickers' lifeboat Val? The escape pods could barely hold one person much less an extensive selection of art supplies.

But yeah, the lifeboat even had a grand piano onboard. I'd easily buy it if it was stocked up on art materials as well.

Yeah the pod. I mean, it was loaded with books, the piano, a bar if I'm remembering correctly... I see no great issue with spare paper or whatever. It really doesn't stretch incredulity.

SiL

Why would they stop to grab art supplies from the pod.

windebieste

I'd imagine when Shaw decided to leave for Paradise aboard the Engineer ship she'd return to the escape vehicle to salvage whatever supplies she could.  As for the lurking menace inside, let's just assume that the Deacon is at least as smart as any other Alien we've seen and figured out how to escape the life boat before she reaches it and she finds the door open.  The Deacon has long gone.

Then it's a matter of pillaging anything she finds to take with her on her quest.  She (or David) has probably re-purposed whatever has been salvaged to make those drawings. 

Why would she even go back to the lifeboat?  It's probably the only guaranteed source for drinkable water and food, medical supplies, bedding... whatever.  It's worth the risk.  Engineer ships don't look to inviting for human habitation.  She'd work that out pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

The images have been taken down on So Is It Any Good.

Le Celticant

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 30, 2016, 10:37:09 PM
I'd imagine when Shaw decided to leave for Paradise aboard the Engineer ship she'd return to the escape vehicle to salvage whatever supplies she could.  As for the lurking menace inside, let's just assume that the Deacon is at least as smart as any other Alien we've seen and figured out how to escape the life boat before she reaches it and she finds the door open.  The Deacon has long gone.

Then it's a matter of pillaging anything she finds to take with her on her quest.  She (or David) has probably re-purposed whatever has been salvaged to make those drawings. 

Why would she even go back to the lifeboat?  It's probably the only guaranteed source for drinkable water and food, medical supplies, bedding... whatever.  It's worth the risk.  Engineer ships don't look to inviting for human habitation.  She'd work that out pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

-Windebieste.

I don't think she ever came back.
We know the creature is "dead" and is kind of a facehugger but Shaw doesn't know that.
Last she saw, she escaped alive with a creature attacking both of them. It could still be here, in fact it could still hunt her.

She knows she can't get back to earth with the Derelict and its cargo, it's way too dangerous.
She makes the only bet she can which is go to the engineer homeworld.
She doesn't need supply, the cryogenic sleep will work well enough and she will have immediate answer upon arrival.
It's likely to fail at 99.9% but that's the only thing she can do and then eventually send it to a distress message explaining everything (why the engineered died and blablabla all the story) just like she did when she left LV-223.

windebieste

I agree.  The likelihood of her going back to the lifeboat is negligible.  And yes.  She would probably be expecting the Trilobite to be waiting for her without realising it's probably dead and it's the Deacon instead that she would encounter.

...but if you want to know how she got those 'art supplies', then there is a source within walking distance from where the movie left off.

-Windebieste.

whiterabbit

Wow, guys, you know what that could mean, right? Shaw died at the end of Prometheus and her voice was just David mimicking her. I wouldn't be surprised if all that was needed to reattach his head was to plug it back in. He then fools her into going back to the life boat for supplies and gets murdered by the Deacon.

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 30, 2016, 11:08:20 PM
The images have been taken down on So Is It Any Good.

20th Century Fox acts fast when they want to.  Too bad they were taken down but it's too late for anything dispersed on the 'net, though.  I guess we'll see the images emerge Officially in good time.  They did look Pro.

-Windebieste.

skhellter

I like all the leaked designs from this so far... getting me fairly optimistic at the moment....

really dont like the supposed "leak" involving a certain character
Spoiler
being "ripley's mom".. which i hope isnt true.
[close]

CainsSon

All this stressing over the paper and stuff in that room is silly. David is living in a temple built by our creators. They seem pretty advanced so for sure the idea that they would have paper is not too odd. Second, even if over time it disappeared on Paradise, David 8 is able to learn at an alarmingly advanced rate. Why shouldnt he be able to harness the resources both provided and needed to do so on paradise, in 10 years time, and simply make paper? If you were alone on a desserted planet for 10 yes with Davids abilities, why wouldnt you?

Kronnang_Dunn

Goddammit I just got spoiled by the damned images. >:( Well, at least this makes all the more likely that David really was the actual creator of the original Xenomorph creature...  8) 

Necronomicon II

Not necessarily...

Le Celticant

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 31, 2016, 12:05:54 AM
...but if you want to know how she got those 'art supplies', then there is a source within walking distance from where the movie left off.

Couldn't they be from the crash of the Prometheus scattered on the ground ?

---

Concerning David body, something tells me, he will wear the engineer "Space Jockey costume".
He is the real "Prometheus" of the first film since he was the one who deciphered and used the god's technology.
For that he lost his body, condemned to be imprisoned for eternity.

BringbackJonesy!

It's unclear how long it took before the 'baby Deacon' erupted from the dead 'Engineer's body, and it's certainly possible that Shaw risked going back for certain supplies before she eventually took off. 

But personally, I like to believe that Shaw got the hell away from that crashed 'juggernaut' and nearby 'escape pod' as quickly as possible after getting onto her vehicle with David's bodyparts...and that the 'sketches' seen in the background of those 'leaked' shots are merely 'production art' that happened to be on the walls of that room, along with the 'baby alien' concepts (altough there was a bust of a larger deformed version too).  Also, the 'production art' of the adult 'neomorph' we saw on the walls might even be 'unused' versions, at the end of the day.

Time will tell, but I've certainly 'saved' all the shots for future reference, as it will be interesting to compare how things pan out come the actual movie.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed