5 (15.2%)
IMAX
8 (24.2%)
IMAX 3D
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: Jun 02, 2017, 09:24:54 PM

Author
Normal Cinematic, 3D or Imax? (Read 1,476 times)

juxtapose

juxtapose

Quote from: Jadoremusic linyk=topic=57215.msg2207804#msg2207804 date=1494028987
11/05 Normal
12/05 Imax  8)
. .but i hate you now!. .Lol .not to mention i only get to see it on the 19th in south africa. . .

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Richman678 on May 05, 2017, 09:56:24 PM
There is no 3D.
Is this true?  No 3D release?  That's a shame.

MajorB

MajorB

Studios seem to be moving on from 3D, less and less movies are supporting it.

Also, by not doing 3D, they didn't have to worry about sinking money into a conversion. This means that they could put budget to more useful places.

It's a shame, since Prometheus was one of the few 3D films to really take advantage of the medium, but if Ridley didn't want to focus on it I can't blame him.

juxtapose

juxtapose

if not going 3d saved them some money and enabled them to do more exciting things
    . . .
then far be it for us to copmplain.

Richman678

Richman678

A lot of people have seen and noticed what I also noticed....and that's the fact a lot of theaters are passing on the IMAX.

If memory serves me correct don't you need a special projector for 3D???

It's possible no one was gonna order it in 3D.  Don't forget too that we weren't supposed to get this movie till August originally. Maybe Fox saw no one was gonna order it in 3D, and that is why they released in May instead of August...since they wouldn't need the extra time to do a conversion. This is just a theory so don't take it to heart.

Edit
The more I think about it that doesn't make sense. Ridley shot The Martian for 3D. So why wouldn't he shoot this for 3D

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Richman678 on May 06, 2017, 01:50:34 AM
A lot of people have seen and noticed what I also noticed....and that's the fact a lot of theaters are passing on the IMAX.

If memory serves me correct don't you need a special projector for 3D???

It's possible no one was gonna order it in 3D.  Don't forget too that we weren't supposed to get this movie till August originally. Maybe Fox saw no one was gonna order it in 3D, and that is why they released in May instead of August...since they wouldn't need the extra time to do a conversion. This is just a theory so don't take it to heart.

Edit
The more I think about it that doesn't make sense. Ridley shot The Martian for 3D. So why wouldn't he shoot this for 3D

Not in 3D in USA.

Right now, I'm in Brazil and my friend(who works at FOX Brazil) told me Alien: Covenant is in 3D in All South America including Brazil.

I read China(Chinese people) love 3D so I suppose Alien: Covenant is going to be in 3D in China too.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Imax on the 11th.

Do I misremember Ridley saying the studio sort of forced him to film Prometheus in 3D?

3D for the sake of it is such an unnecessary gimmick... Glad they didn't bother for Covenant.

Citadel

Citadel

Digital IMAX is still better than your bog-standard digital 2D projection. Always take IMAX if you can.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .i get that some people hate 3D. .apparently a certain small percentage even suffer from headaches, blurred vision and nausea after watching a 3D movie. .fortunately i am not one of those. .so i am thrilled that at least those outside the us will get the 3D benifit. .hope it's available in South Africa. .cause if done right it can definately enhance the experience. .

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

IMAX is much better than 3D, and the 3D hype is starting to wear off big time, happy that it's not in 3D as if it was, over here, they only show it in (IMAX) 3D if it's in 3D, the cinema's here nearby don't bother in showing different formats. So if it it were in 3D, i'd hate it as i would be forced to view it in 3D, gladly, that isn't the case as it's in IMAX.

there is a 'normal' viewing too closeby, but the price difference isn't worth it to me to skip imax for it, it's about 1 buck difference, and then the cinema is old, small, smelly, and the sound quality is abismal. I'd rather do a 15 minute ride to a bigger town with a IMAX cinema (quite a big one, really) that's also having magnificient audio. I'm gonna have to reserve pretty early as it's crowded fast and the good seats get reserved online like crazy.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .i only hear good things about imax. .never seen a movie in imax before. .unfortunately the closest imax theater is a 4 hour trip for me. .so not really worth it. .

3D is slowly dying i know. .but i am hopefull that the technology will slowly evolve and become a better experience. .guess VR is the next big thing. .but i fear that might go the same rout as 3D. .actually 3d being around forever it seems only exploded after avatar. .so i am surprised it's still around.. .and to be honest the only movies i have watched in 3D is prometheis and avatar. .wich might explain why i am still hyped by it . .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed