Ridley Scott: 'I think we can resurrect 'Aliens''

Started by iain, May 05, 2017, 02:27:46 PM

Author
Ridley Scott: 'I think we can resurrect 'Aliens'' (Read 1,857 times)

iain

cliffhanger

i found the title misleading in thinking he wants to resurrect 'aliens' while in fact he's saying they can resurrect it after being played out - the xenomorph that is

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The man's mind just never stops. he's amazing

Xenomorphine

I always find it strange that he often laments nobody tried to explain that mystery, yet chooses to go in a completely different direction from O'Bannon's original concept.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2017, 05:49:09 PM
I always find it strange that he often laments nobody tried to explain that mystery, yet chooses to go in a completely different direction from O'Bannon's original concept.

Is that a bad thing?

Xenomorphine

While that's his prerogative, I find it a little bit hypocritical to complain about it and then go off on waht seems to be a much more limited tangent.

BishopShouldGo

Well he probably assumed someone would expand the universe in Alien II via the jockey seed he planted. He and other crew members conceded that Alien just wanted to be a lean thriller.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2017, 11:17:20 PM
While that's his prerogative, I find it a little bit hypocritical to complain about it and then go off on waht seems to be a much more limited tangent.
Yet he has ideas for more films after he connects back to the rear end of Alien.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2017, 11:17:20 PM

Well, people change over time.

SpeedyMaxx

Dan O'Bannon's backstory was far from genius.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed