Alien Covenant Ratings and Scores predictions (IMDb , Tomatos , Metacritic)

Started by Walter, May 04, 2017, 08:43:19 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Ratings and Scores predictions (IMDb , Tomatos , Metacritic) (Read 3,662 times)

Walter

IMDb   -

Tomatos -

Metacritic -

Cheeseburgers

Not too shabby.

juxtapose

wow. .i was'nt aware that it is sitting so high on imdb!. .thats very encouraging!

Stargazer

Thinking about review scores and films nowadays and what films make billions and what dont and the politics behind it all.

I cant see hundreds of thousands of teenagers and non alien fans rushing to the cinema. Reviewers from what ive heard are either saying it needs moar splosions and moar aliens and less talking. A lot of them saying it resembles too much of Alien (which ironically is what people want.). Well no film can be original these days and like some posters have said, its not the rehashing of ideas that matter its how good they are handled.

Im going to predict RT at 76-82%.
I hate RT so ill stick with watching the IMDb which i reckon and i bet my last locke of ginger hair that it wll be a 7.7

dembones

I'm curious if Ridley's reveal of the xeno creator affects box office.
A lot of YT commentators and forum posters are unhappy, but  the general movie audience isn't as vested in the franchise.
Still, there was enough negative response to Prometheus to force the revamp that is Covenant.

Protozoid

Protozoid

The Tomatometer score is down to 73, now.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Protozoid on May 09, 2017, 06:39:25 PM

74 - Still has so many positive reviews from major media outlets missing as well.

monkeylove

At least for this forum, I'd see it in light of the other films in the franchise.

Protozoid

:(
Quote from: SuicideDoors on May 09, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

74 - Still has so many positive reviews from major media outlets missing as well.
It was 73 earlier... and now it's 76. I guess its still in flux.

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on May 09, 2017, 09:36:37 PM
:(
Quote from: SuicideDoors on May 09, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

It was 73 earlier... and now it's 76. I guess its still in flux.

Who cares about Rotten Tomatoes?.

But a funny thing is the new KING ARTHUR movie has a 6% in Rotten Tomatoes. Poor thing.

Protozoid

I definitely don't care about Rotten Tomatoes, I just thought it was improbable (and therefor kind of funny) that Covenant would end up with scores so close to Prometheus's. The bottom line is, the reviews are positive, like they were for Prometheus. Hopefully there is a shorter wait until the next movie, and it sounds like there will be.

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on May 10, 2017, 02:31:56 AM
I definitely don't care about Rotten Tomatoes, I just thought it was improbable (and therefor kind of funny) that Covenant would end up with scores so close to Prometheus's. The bottom line is, the reviews are positive, like they were for Prometheus. Hopefully there is a shorter wait until the next movie, and it sounds like there will be.

These critics at Rotten Tomatoes are stupid. I'm reading some of their reviews right now.

Some of them said ALIEN; COVENANT is too similar to PROMETHEUS and that's the bad thing. Other said ALIEN: COVENANT is too diferent to PROMETHEUS and that's the bad thing. Others said is too similar to ALIEN(1979) and other said is too different to ALIEN(1979).

They are stupid or they didn't understand the movie. Their reviews are way too different.

Corporal Hicks

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't write the reviews. They collect the reviews that all the other outlets write.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed