"This film is not yet rated" why ?

Started by Xeno_from_Belgium, Apr 18, 2017, 08:03:53 PM

Author
"This film is not yet rated" why ? (Read 4,244 times)

Xeno_from_Belgium

We know this movie would be a "hard-core" R-Rated, but why we don't have have an official classification ? Because of the editing of certain gory scenes ? Or something else? That seems to me rather strange.

St_Eddie

There's nothing particularly strange about it.  I'd imagine it simply hasn't gone through the ratings process yet.  There's no cause for alarm regarding the possibility of it being watered down; otherwise, you would know that it was PG-13 by now, had it already been rated following cuts.  Patience is a virtue.

Xeno_from_Belgium

A few of movies have already their classification a few months before the release of the movie; for Alien Covenant that seems to me a little bit disturbing. Maybe that the movie touches NC-17  ;D :laugh:

echobbase79

I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings board has some issues with the gore. It sounds like the film went a little overboard with the pizza sauce. Which isn't a bad thing!

Anthony

Anthony

It's likely they're putting the final touches on the visual effects. We should get a rating soon with the film premiering in two weeks.

Richman678

lol make no mistake it's rated R

salomonj

I doubt it's running into trouble with the MPAA. Why should it? Ridley has made it clear for months now it will be a "hard R". All the gore is practical, they couldn't do much to cut it down even if they wanted to.

Also, yeah, I hope it's near NC-17 :)

I turn 17 in just a couple weeks, right in time for the movie (thank God).

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 18, 2017, 08:45:45 PM

Cool. I'm still two and a half years from reaching 17. Should be old enough to attend Awakening alone by that time though!  :)

Gazz

Gazz

Because it hasn't yet been rated.

It needs to be submitted to be reviewed for rating upon completion, and I imagine that'll happen any day now if it hasn't been already.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 18, 2017, 09:22:37 PM

Cool. I'm still two and a half years from reaching 17. Should be old enough to attend Awakening alone by that time though!  :)

I was 14 when I saw A:R at the cinema :)

salomonj

Nice, well at least it sounds as if you have someone to go with :) I usually try to drag my dad to whatever I watch but that rarely works out and I often resort to sneaking in :laugh:

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: salomonj on Apr 18, 2017, 09:32:18 PM

Nice, well at least it sounds as if you have someone to go with :) I usually try to drag my dad to whatever I watch but that rarely works out and I often resort to sneaking in  :D

Yeah, me and my Dad like to go out to the movies often. I've been talking about Covenant so much he's probably sick of hearing about it. ;D

St_Eddie

Gawd, you lot are making this 34 year old feel very old!  :'(

salomonj

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 18, 2017, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: salomonj on Apr 18, 2017, 09:32:18 PM

Nice, well at least it sounds as if you have someone to go with :) I usually try to drag my dad to whatever I watch but that rarely works out and I often resort to sneaking in :laugh: I don't sneak in though, since AMC now has reserved seats.

Yeah, me and my Dad like to go out to the movies often. I've been talking about Covenant so much he's probably sick of hearing about it. ;D
Haha tell me about it, my entire family is sick of hearing about Covenant.

Whos_Nick

The film will be rated X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed