*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing?

Started by hollypops, Jan 23, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

Author
*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing? (Read 3,862 times)

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: hollypops on Jan 23, 2017, 11:15:08 AM
Just read an piece  which states the following- "The Covenant of the title is a colony ship, which carries 2,000 cryo-frozen souls"

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a819376/alien-covenant-footage-breakdown-ridely-scott/

Could this be a link to where the mass of eggs came from that Kane finds in the chamber? -if Ridley chooses to go with egg morphing this could work.

*just amended the title* Hicks.
Yes, it very well could be.

Infected

Quote from: lv_226 on Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:03 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jan 23, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
So its come to this? we...in 2017 are talking and accepting the fact.....that the original space jockey is Michael Fassbender..........drumroll please......we are really saying this??? Michael Fassbender aka David the android is gonna be the mysterious space jockey.....what have we become...LoL
Maybe there will be a twist in the third film that reveals the actual Space Jockey is a 14 ft giant that intercepts the Covenant—if this is indeed the premise—and wreaks havoc resulting in the crashed derelict found on LV-426? Oh, wait... the fossilized appearance of the Jockey....
Well the fossilized look was only a matter of opinion by a labour worker, it wasnt tested by scientists, a ship that has cracked open in an harsh enviroment and climate controls of the ship are gone and all this in deep space is making everything look fossilized that was living once, in a matter of years is my opinion, look what smoking does to your face in matter of years, or crystal meth ;)

Giger is dead, lets just not expect anything ground breaking anymore as with studios these days and all these reboots popping out of every corner.
Like the woman said in AVP "we should consider the possibilty we arent gonna make it" and by we im meaning the alien franchise as we know it.

skhellter

Oh, wait... the fossilized appearance of the Jockey....

"Fossilization" doesnt happen just by having a dead body exposed to air.

Dallas had no idea what the f**k he was talking about in that scene. (the writers didnt, either.)

whiterabbit

So its come to this? we...in 2017 are talking and accepting the fact.....that the original space jockey is Michael Fassbender..........drumroll please......we are really saying this??? Michael Fassbender aka David the android is gonna be the mysterious space jockey.....what have we become...LoL
Maybe there will be a twist in the third film that reveals the actual Space Jockey is a 14 ft giant that intercepts the Covenant—if this is indeed the premise—and wreaks havoc resulting in the crashed derelict found on LV-426? Oh, wait... the fossilized appearance of the Jockey....
It's a suit. David was made in our own image because we are more comfortable interacting with our one kind. Considering that the engineers are also wearing suits it could because their creators are also more comfortable interacting with their own kind. However the fossilized Jockey's in Alien Covenant is clearly only there to explain away the fossilized jockey in Alien... so, goddamn it all to hell. David is the jockey!

hollypops

perhaps alien tissue decomposes differently to human tissue -after in sci fi all earthly rules can be turned on their head(luckily for Ridley!)

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 23, 2017, 10:52:59 PM
It's a suit. David was made in our own image because we are more comfortable interacting with our one kind. Considering that the engineers are also wearing suits it could because their creators are also more comfortable interacting with their own kind. However the fossilized Jockey's in Alien Covenant is clearly only there to explain away the fossilized jockey in Alien... so, goddamn it all to hell. David is the jockey!
Still even that jockey got impregnated, so that must have been one special facehugger, so the suit had to come off as for to be impregnated by a facehugger of that size, so the thing wearing the suit already should have been the size of that jockey.
it rules out little David, fact!!  ;)
One explanation is it will be the king engineer, the one they look up to, the one they build statues off, the big kahuna.
he has a suit like the final boss of Independence Day 2 insecurityeressurectionconnection or whatever its called, and he wa twerking his way to Earth and then got jumped by David rammed an embryo down his throat kills David and sends a disstress call at the moment of bursting out he tries to crash the ship and fails.
In 2020 Ridley will add scenes to the original Alien movie, where cgi Dallas sees Davids head in the corner but doesnt say it to the rest, and we will buy that oral ray drive disc (cos thats what they are called then) for 50 bucks and money hits the studio and bam Ridley dies happy.
The end, its simple.

motherfather

motherfather

Um no to frozen soul eggmorphing and David being the space jockey.

Yes to those frozen souls being sent the long way round to eventually land on lv426 after nostromo, as part of the weyland yutani atmosphere processor colonists of A L I E N S. The corporate guy in the review committee tells Ripley it takes DECADES (before Ripley drifting in hyperspace?) beforehand to set up that shake and bake colony. Id be totally fine with that. Totally.

Its quite possible there was only a short time window between the Nostromo leaving lv426 and the first colonists arriving on lv426.

Infected

Quote from: motherfather on Jan 23, 2017, 11:29:45 PM
Um no to frozen soul eggmorphing and David being the space jockey.

Yes to those frozen souls being sent the long way round to eventually land on lv426 after nostromo, as part of the weyland yutani atmosphere processor colonists of A L I EN S. The corporate guy in the review committee tells Ripley it takes DECADES (before Ripley drifting in hyperspace?) beforehand to set up that shake and bake colony. Id be totally fine with that. Totally.

Its quite possible there was only a short time window between the Nostromo leaving lv426 and the first colonists arriving on lv426.
Interesting thought, that the Covenant souls are the workers that maybe build Hadley's Hope....

hollypops

hollypops

I doubt it as I think the Covenant will be used as a plot device to shift David off the planet ,I can't see David being thoughtful enough to drop the Hadley hope gang off before heading off to carry out his own devious intentions
Also its said it maintained a constant population of 158 colonists so we're a bit short on numbers from the 2000 its carrying but there could have been easily 2000 eggs in that silo

shawsbaby

Well Shaw noted that the Engineer head was 2,000 years old - the timing of the outbreak - which seems to be an indirect explanation for the "fossilized" look of the Jockey in Alien. The (very undeveloped) suggestion is that one of the Engineers from that outbreak was on a ship with eggs and he crashed, etc.

So if this theory worked out with David absconding with the colonist ship and creating thousands of eggs, it would negate the 2,000 year old outbreak from Prometheus, right?

newagescamartist

I agree with the comments suggesting that Dallas had no way of accurately measuring the date of the ship or the cargo. His gut reaction tells him it's ancient, and I think I would agree with him based purely on the appearance, but it doesn't make it fact. Hopefully the movies will provide answers that will make everyone happy.

Infected

Maybe those are 2000 androids that left after building the processor :)

fiveways

Quote from: hollypops on Jan 23, 2017, 07:03:36 PM
Fiveways have you got a link to your post? Id be interested to hear those how the Derelict got aged theories!
I bet Ridleys even crusin these forums looks for a way to get himself out of that one!  :laugh:

Most of them are stupid, but after seeing prometheus and judging by the covenant spoilers (if they are real), stupid fits right in.

Spoiler
]My main idea goes back to Janek's speech to Vickers in Prometheus about him working at a bio-weapon plant when an outbreak happens and his commanding officer nukes it.  The fossilization process is a rabid onset protection/weapon against black goo infection.  To prevent mutation you instantly petrify the infected creature/space/area.  Stupid, and scientifically questionable but it fits as well as some of the other shit we've seen.  Originally I thought this might be why in Covenant we see the Engineers solidified on Paradise.  They were exposed to the goo and the contingency plan was enacted, but the supposed spoilers don't mention this (but those spoilers also put those bodies as being there far less of a time period there appearance leads you to believe).  It would tie in with why the Jockey in Alien appeared so old.  The reason the burst happens with the jockey is because of the goo's mutation via whatever David does it it.  Or maybe the petrifaction system doesn't effect David as he is synthetic, but the mutated goo does and still causes the burst.

The reason that the engineers aren't fossilized in Prometheus is because no one had time the hit the button before shit went off the rails at the facility.  though I need to watch that scene again as I can't honestly remember how the stack of bodies looks...

The Derelict age could be just signs of the environment, what is more important is why the jockey is the way it is.  The "Dallas doesn't know shit" argument works with me.  Maybe is Ash was out there and looking first had he would have had an idea; but he'd also probably be lying for the good of the company.  On the eggs, again it could simply be the mechanical side of it made their organic based defense null and void.  Maybe it only works on purely organic creatures?

[close]

Again, I am not saying it's a great idea (or even a good idea) but it fits with previously established ideas (Janek), makes the fossilization make sense, and at least give an explanation that doesn't involved a wormhole or time travel (which i seriously hope never comes into play in this universe as that will truly be the end for me and Alien films)

hollypops

Good point about those being Engineers solidified on Paradise forgot about that - it would seem somewhat strange to have 2 instances of beings found  supposedly fossilised - with the Jockey in a static position its was perhaps easier to assume that he had been sat there for thousands of year ,however having seen them frozen in an action pose kind of debunks the fossilisation theory ,giving rise to more an instantaneous reaction- or exposure  Pompeii style.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jan 24, 2017, 12:54:04 AM
I agree with the comments suggesting that Dallas had no way of accurately measuring the date of the ship or the cargo. His gut reaction tells him it's ancient, and I think I would agree with him based purely on the appearance, but it doesn't make it fact. Hopefully the movies will provide answers that will make everyone happy.

Making everyone happy, no pressure there lol I don't think that's possible with this fandom, or any for that matter, it'd be nice though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed