Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,380 times)

theBitchIsBack

theBitchIsBack

I'm mega excited guys but  the Prometheus trailer was done better imo something feels off

Burn the Floor

Nope, sorry, just seems like Prometheus with xenomorphs in it.

Gvxz

Gvxz

:o

monkeylove

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 25, 2016, 05:46:33 AM
Hmmmm, the trailer makes it seem like they just remade Alien.

They dropped in a different location but the series of events are almost the same.

A group of people land on a planet with a Jock ship, explore it, and get infected.

And if this group knows what they are looking for... why would they walk in unprotected? The planet having a breathable atmosphere is not an excuse. That scene of being infected by the spore is the same silliness we saw in Prometheus from people that should know better.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the cowboy hat, the actress who reminds me of Ripley, etc.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 06:03:53 AM
Quote from: MajorB on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 05:47:43 AM
So did anyone spot Weyland?

I'm pretty sure this silhouette is Weyland.

Yep! Looks like the footage we described when we broke the Weyland news.
Yea but Weyland was a very old man in Prometheus, there he looks to be no worse than 40 from behind. I'm thinking it's Walter sitting and David standing. Then again it could be Weyland I suppose. :laugh:

x-M-x

oduodu

Is there an isolation influence ? Didgigrade legs or normal human legs?

The scene where the woman refuses to open is obviously from alien.

Looks stunning looks amazing even better than Prometheus.

No engineers #sulk#

Burn the Floor

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 25, 2016, 06:06:04 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 25, 2016, 05:46:33 AM
Hmmmm, the trailer makes it seem like they just remade Alien.

They dropped in a different location but the series of events are almost the same.

A group of people land on a planet with a Jock ship, explore it, and get infected.

And if this group knows what they are looking for... why would they walk in unprotected? The planet having a breathable atmosphere is not an excuse. That scene of being infected by the spore is the same silliness we saw in Prometheus from people that should know better.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the cowboy hat, the actress who reminds me of Ripley, etc.

It feels like one of those shitty Alien ripoffs from the 80s and 90s but actually done by the guy who should know how to handle his own source material

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

I LOVED the Prometheus trailer and the movie ended up disappointing. I'm lukewarm on this trailer which gives me hope for Alien Covenant. I do agree that it looks like it is just going to be a mishmash of the old films with a few new twists.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 06:06:17 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 06:03:53 AM
Quote from: MajorB on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 05:47:43 AM
So did anyone spot Weyland?

I'm pretty sure this silhouette is Weyland.

Yep! Looks like the footage we described when we broke the Weyland news.
Yea but Weyland was a very old man in Prometheus, there he looks to be no worse than 40 from behind. I'm thinking it's Walter sitting and David standing. Then again it could be Weyland I suppose. :laugh:

He's not supposed to be old there.

Here, refresh your memory (spoilers) http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/29/avpgalaxy-exclusive-guy-pearce-returns-alien-covenant/

Jigsaw85

I'll be honest: I was underwhelmed. It didn't feel like an Alien film, it felt like a cheap 90s sci-fi horror film. Something like Sphere or Event Horizon, I liked both those movies but they aren't on Alien's level. And that shower scene? the greatest horror cliche in history has finally made it into the Alien series huh?

Can anyone Who read the spoilers tell me how the Aliens are portrayed in this movie? because the Alien in the shower reminded me more of the AVPR aliens than the original Giger beast. Please don't tell me the aliens are expendable canon fodder in this movie.

BishopShouldGo

Aw man was that Jussie Smollett in the shower.

newagescamartist

I'm seeing a lot of people saying they think it looks too much like Prometheus. It's a sequel to Prometheus so that makes sense. And they didn't give away any of the story which is probably why it feels generic. They literally just threw some exposition shots at us with a xenomorph tease here and there. I'm much happier with a tease than a trailer that gives away the entire story with all the money shots included. Personally, I'm not exactly thrilled the xenomorph is in this film, but I'm willing to give it a shot since I loved Prometheus. Hell, the trailer didn't even give us one line of dialogue from Fassbender. The good stuff is in the movie! This is great news.

AsapJockey

I liked that it didnt show much, but that shower scene was corny im just gonna say it.

MajorB

I just realized that they advertise this website at the very end of the trailer. Really cool interface- you can actually talk to MUTHUR! Also, the "Alien Universe" branding is interesting- cinematic universe confirmed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed