set interpretted

Started by acrediblesource, Sep 17, 2016, 09:26:13 PM

Author
set interpretted (Read 2,911 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

from the looks of it, if you zoom really close... this looks like a live minuature set.
Do you see the jaugernaut imbedded into the ground 1/3rd and at the bottom of the picture (two of it's ends pointing up and at an angle sky ward)?
And the rest of the area looking like a fake ocean with fake mountainous islands? This entire area is encased with the large mats in front of the guy wearing orange?

Another close up of the miniature islands

Master

Master

Yeah, I kinda see it.

Enoch

Enoch

You are completely right! ;)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That does indeed look like a Juggernaut! Come on, teaser trailer!

Infected

Infected

So LV 426 was a beautiful paradise before it went to shits and giggles.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 17, 2016, 09:26:13 PM
Do you see the jaugernaut imbedded into the ground 1/3rd and at the bottom of the picture (two of it's ends pointing up and at an angle sky ward)?

I can see what looks like two dead tree branches sticking into the air.

QuoteAnd the rest of the area looking like a fake ocean with fake mountainous islands?

I can see what appears to be a tarpaulin stretched over a wooden scaffold with mounds of dirt on it.

But I got to give it to you guys, you certainly have very vivid imaginations!  :laugh:

fiveways

fiveways

You can see one of the branch sticking up in detail in the second picture left side. 

Enoch

Enoch

Yes, you are right about branches... but it could still be a miniature set.
Who knows. I myself prefer practical set, miniatures, and special effect tricks!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

In any case, it's a highly unusual looking branch that happens to be shaped like a horseshoe or placed to look like a horse shoe in a movie that involves a spaceship the shape of a......you know what i mean. If its there, its certainly can be used as a scale reference for the ship in post production. I wouldn't expect them to use much of those fake mountains anyway, I expect full CGI and the huge mountain range in comparison is actually that of when Prometheus first got through tthe atmosphere of lv 223.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Its not a miniature set. I can think of zero benefits to making one outdoors. Forced perspective included. Maybe TOHO, years ago. Also those are just branches.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I know about Toho , but why? Why make a sand castle in the middle of nowhere? i Want to believe!

If the crew had nothing to do that day but mock the actual sets, they are bunch of hobos!

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 18, 2016, 08:32:44 PM
Its not a miniature set. I can think of zero benefits to making one outdoors. Forced perspective included. Maybe TOHO, years ago. Also those are just branches.
I think Toho filmed in studios.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: bobcunk on Sep 19, 2016, 02:36:09 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 18, 2016, 08:32:44 PM
I think Toho filmed in studios.

See?

Infected

Infected

Offcourse its an engineer ship, its maybe not in its correct position and maybe its waiting to be put in the right position.
But lets hope its not another crashed engineer vessel lol
Why is everybody so full of denial, its an alien movie about engineers, it aint a tree it aint a branch its a f**king engineer ship.

Stolen

Stolen

Good eye. Strange coincidence or reel model of Juggernaut?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed