New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play

Started by DarthJoker45, Dec 10, 2019, 02:28:49 PM

Author
New Trailer Revealed At Playstation State Of Play (Read 27,073 times)

Voodoo Magic

Jokers raises two good points. Let's move on.

Regarding the Yautja Bow, I hope there's something really creatively special about it, like the combi stick is to the spear. For me, Rambo-like explosive tipped arrows won't be enough. I know to be fair, we don't know much about it, other than it's capable of pinning enemies. Yet unfortunately at first glance, Hawkeye's bows appear way more technologically advanced than that.

SuperiorIronman

I'm forgiving of the bow and spear being separate weapons since it seems you could just as easily throw the spear. So having two throwing functionalities on a single weapon seems a bit much for a game.
There's also a couple different renditions of the spear gun and I don't think we've ever seen it on film either. I'm willing to let that slide in this case since we really could've taken one or the other be it bow or spear-gun.

molasar

Xboxgamer

Xboxgamer

Is it coming to Xbox anytime soon like is it a timed exclusive like Nier and Hellblade was???

molasar

Corporal Hicks

New topic opened for pre-order and incentives discussion: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63085.0

So I can finally sit down and have a response to this. Really cool trailer. I was really impressed to see both the combistick and the disc are both melee and ranged options. I always loved being able to throw the spear in AvP 2010 so really pleased to see it back in this. Same again for controlling the flight of the smart disc. 2010 had it to, but Hunting Grounds going for POV flight control is interesting. Has the potential to leave you vulnerable.

Absolutely f**king love the Predator archer. I think I said in a "weapons you'd like to see the Predator uses" thread on the boards that I would love to see someone rock up with a bow, so I'm especially pleased to see that show up. I certainly never expected it! I also didn't expect a female Predator.

It's cool to see them go the step further in Hunting Grounds. Still not keen on the boobs, but thankfully they've kept it to a reasonable cup size and not gone too far like with the huntress in The Hunt Begins!

Really nice to see some more skins! Still preferring the default one out of what we've seen, but that skull one is pretty freaking cool! I get the concerns about the classic being a pre-order incentive. I'm hoping that's unlockable some other way, but it doesn't say early access like the others. I hope any other film based skins are all unlockable in-game and not locked away behind other exclusivity.

Yay for being on the PC! But I've only ever heard bad things about Epic Store via RidgeTop. Not sure why it's bad, but just know he hates it like the rest of us hate Gearbox.

Quote from: Xboxgamer on Dec 11, 2019, 02:56:46 PM
Is it coming to Xbox anytime soon like is it a timed exclusive like Nier and Hellblade was???

Currently unknown. Honestly, I'm surprised it's even coming to PC since it seems Sony is footing the bill for the game.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xboxgamer on Dec 11, 2019, 02:56:46 PM

I don't think there's been any indicators of such.

Quote from: molasar on Dec 11, 2019, 02:44:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFAaTDgNM5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMVzBVjAssE

Nice find molasar!

Here's a better look at her avatars:

SuperiorIronman

I didn't even notice the sword on the pre-order page. How the Hell did I miss that?

It's worth noting that it kind of resembles the P2 Elder's. If this game doesn't have any P2 representation in skins I'm going to be genuinely surprised. I think that's the third P2 weapon we've got here. Now if only they can get the City Hunter's plasmacaster in this.

xxx

"Umm.. you've seen the Predator from the neck down, right?

"

Good point,
of course, just one last thing - the shape of the body of an animal is highly depending on the niche that it lives in (whales and dolphins look like fish for example) or the route that it took through its evolution.
So in sci-fy, a reptile-like creature with human body shape isn't the weirdest thing...but it probably would not have a milking apparatus...

The Old One

The Old One

The administrator created a new thread about the avatars.

Samhain13

So could there be crossplay between PC and PS4?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 11, 2019, 03:08:39 PM
The administrator created a new thread about the avatars.

I know FI. I was already deep in the creation of my post, editing & uploading the image, etc. when Hicks posted his reply.

Quote from: xxx on Dec 11, 2019, 03:06:46 PM
"Umm.. you've seen the Predator from the neck down, right?

"

Good point,
of course, just one last thing - the shape of the body of an animal is highly depending on the niche that it lives in (whales and dolphins look like fish for example) or the route that it took through its evolution.
So in sci-fy, a reptile-like creature with human body shape isn't the weirdest thing...but it probably would not have a milking apparatus...

I see what you're saying. I wouldn't use the word probably, nor would I personally necessarily associate Predators with reptiles. What I mean is we already have humans with webbed feet and hands caused by genetics, and they're not reptiles. We don't know what Predators truly are and if they are even related someway to humans.

I would never argue with people who don't like it. Who am I to do that, right? I just argue against the position that it's definitively incorrect to feature a female fictional Predator this way.  :)

JokersWarPig

I'm really torn between getting it for the PS4 or the PC...I know things tend to have a much longer life on the PC than they do consoles.

The Old One

The Old One

PC, everytime. Unless the port is garbage.

Voodoo Magic

As AvPGalaxy's favorite Brazilian mentioned, crossplay is what I want to know, and would be key for me to decide PC over PS4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed