Flight sim 2020

Started by dave1978, Aug 11, 2020, 01:05:19 PM

Author
Flight sim 2020 (Read 1,724 times)

dave1978

dave1978

So who is getting the new Flight Sim?  im going for the base standard edition i think,  the extras really dont justify their price increases.  Love my flight sims,  play a lot of DCS mostly flying the F-15C or the Huey chopper

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Just been checking it out.... the terrain and weather looks incredible. Wonder what kind of supercomputer one would need to run it maxed out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDDgFfWlS4

dave1978

dave1978

I will let you know how it runs on my GTX1070 in a few weeks

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Installing this now. Just getting it through GamePass, so I don't know if that has any extras or anything. Thinking my RTX2070 should handle it pretty well. Trailers make it look gorgeous.

Finished installing: The game is recommending that I play with "High-End" graphics settings, so I guess I don't quite make the cut for "Ultra."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, I think I'm gonna give this one a miss - been there, done that for the past 37 years since MS Flight Simulator came out in 1982. Each new version has much more realism and pretty graphics but it gets old and boring pretty fast.

DCS World is really where all the action is, And the planes... ooh la la:

dave1978

dave1978

Yer i have DCS also, love the helicopters.  Back to FS2020, it runs fine on the GTX1070, playing small prop aircraft i get stable 50fps on high/ultra but in the airliners it drops to 25-28 but still very smooth.  Spent some time doing the 1st bush trip in Nevada learning navigation and also the autopilot systems in the A320.

razeak

razeak

What flight sticks are you guys using? I used to be an avid X-Wing vs Tie Fighter player way back. I had a Microsoft Sidewinder (3d pro?)

I ordered two copies of Squadrons so my son and I could play together. I settled on the basic Thrust Master PC/PS4 combos for the time being. I really did like the reviews for the Logitech X52 and X56. I definitely would like to try that Warthog stick but it's way too expensive.

I'm going to upgrade the PC stick if I find myself spending any real free time on Squadrons or sims.

dave1978

dave1978

I use a Thrustmaster T16000 HOTAS with throttle,  very good piece of kit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed