What are the good things about The Predator that you liked?

Started by Master Chief, Dec 19, 2018, 05:11:33 PM

Author
What are the good things about The Predator that you liked? (Read 24,987 times)

TheBATMAN

I think the Loonies were great and a good concept. Despite the mess this film turned out to be, it is still a fun watch. I watched AVP again last night and my word the characters in that are so one dimensional and dull. Even with the silly dogs and the Pred killer ending, i still think The Predator is leagues ahead of either AVP effort.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 09, 2019, 08:23:22 PM
I think the Loonies were great and a good concept. Despite the mess this film turned out to be, it is still a fun watch. I watched AVP again last night and my word the characters in that are so one dimensional and dull. Even with the silly dogs and the Pred killer ending, i still think The Predator is leagues ahead of either AVP effort.

+10000

Kradan

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 09, 2019, 08:23:22 PM

I think without Loonies i would hate this movie so much but with them i can easily travel through the all insane shit that movie throws at me.

Immortan Jonesy

I don't like that they used autism for the concept, but more or less I like to think that the Predator takes "traist" from its prey, like tech or genetic material. That said, I like the potential behind the idea but not how it was executed.

Huggs

The disc seemed to be reasonably well manufactured.

SuperiorIronman

- Bryan Prince does a great job giving Fugitive personality and I sincerely hope he's brought back, he's great.

- I love the design of Fugitive and the Assassin. I'd really like to see that helmet reused somewhere.

- I appreciate a lot of the changes to the arsenal in particular that it limits potential issues should the Predator lose something and every movie they have a habit of dropping shit. Fugitive's gauntlets essentially being identical enables him wrist blades, a computer, and gadgets even upon losing the other. I also really like the implication of the tech being more advanced now with the plasmacaster fitting into the helmet. Just little changes like that really work. The Predator Killer does take things a bit too far but Fugitive and Assassin's gear and its storage I think work. Another thing which might be a bit of unintentional continuity but with the gun being placed in the helmet I like the implication that they realized having two or even a backup is a good call, and it minimizes chances of losing a gun like Wolf did if the Predator will normally be wearing the helmet.

- I like the idea of them taking genetic material. And it does hold up given we know that in Predator continuity they have Xenomorphs. So one would or should expect them to have some genetic knowledge in order to create new Xenomorphs to hunt. Taking the crossovers into account and the prequels noting they're a genetic experiment, Predators just came to the same conclusion. It totally works. We also see them in EU material utilize cybernetics so I don't see why the genetic experimentation would be out of the question.

Execution of the autism idea almost works. Autistic kids have this tendency to be hyper focused on a subject and with Rory figuring out how to use the gear at such a young age, I can see why the Assassin might be interested in dissecting him. They also take genetic material through heads anyways so you'd never know the full version of what they're doing unless we looked so you can preserve past stories since we wouldn't know what they did with it but it's a hunt regardless. The execution doesn't work but this concept almost does. Cut the autism/evolution line from Oliva Munn and replace it with maybe a scene of the Assassin scanning material or the Assassin noting how weird it is for Rory to simply be able to work the tech and call in to a lab to prep. Do something with that.

Pu$$yFace

Pu$$yFace

The Upgrade / Assassin concept and look.

The Fugitive look.

The Upgrade / Assassin confrontation with Fugutive >>> Berserker vs Captured.  In terms of Pred on Pred action.

Sterling K Brown >>> Everyone in the franchise not named: Schwarzenegger, Glover, Busey, Paxton, Ventura, Goggins

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 02, 2021, 01:40:26 AM
The disc seemed to be reasonably well manufactured.

Spoiler

[close]

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 02, 2021, 01:41:58 AM
- I like the idea of them taking genetic material. And it does hold up given we know that in Predator continuity they have Xenomorphs. So one would or should expect them to have some genetic knowledge in order to create new Xenomorphs to hunt. Taking the crossovers into account and the prequels noting they're a genetic experiment, Predators just came to the same conclusion. It totally works. We also see them in EU material utilize cybernetics so I don't see why the genetic experimentation would be out of the question.

I actually like that possibility. Predators looking for a challenge when it comes to hunting Aliens. So they engineer new and deadly breeds.

Quote from: Pu$$yFace on Feb 02, 2021, 03:19:37 AM
The Upgrade / Assassin concept and look.

I would have preferred more practical effects but I like the Upgrade Pred design.

BlueMarsalis79

Big Chungus

Kradan

Upgtade Predator and new weaponry he had

Fugitive

The Loonies

Some bits of a score were nice re-doings of Silvestri's classic. Rest of the score while not great was decent enough

Opening sequence

Lab sequence

Final fight with Upgrade

As stupid as it was I like lobotomised PredDog. It was cute

Coyle and Baxley double mercy shooting

BigDaddyJohn

The bloody face reveal of fugitive

The upgrade's aggressivity

Fugitive's armor

Billiken

The credits were well put together.🤣 I really love The  Predator so for me I enjoyed the humour, the action sequences, fugitive's design, the cast. Liked how they tried to go for a marvel style film.

Kradan

*eyes full of tears*

Thank you

BigDaddyJohn

I'll add the upgrade's harpoon weapon thing, although it's a bit underused.

Kradan

I don't like using word "badass" - but that thing was badass

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed