Newt / Carrie Henn in Alien 5?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 25, 2015, 08:43:21 PM

Author
Newt / Carrie Henn in Alien 5? (Read 17,716 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Carrie Henn isn't an actress, and hasn't been since Aliens. I'd be shocked if she even wanted to be in this, never mind if it actually wound up happening.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 26, 2015, 03:21:04 AM
Carrie Henn isn't an actress, and hasn't been since Aliens. I'd be shocked if she even wanted to be in this, never mind if it actually wound up happening.

You're probably right.  Yet it is a fair question to ask.  She looks to be in normal healthy shape and down to earth.  She'd probably be very easy to work with, without a prima donna attitude or price tag.  Hollywood fitness trainers can turn anyone into Chuck Norris in a few short months.

Nightmare Asylum

Easy to work with in regards to being a nice person, certainly. But as someone without any acting or other type of performance training whatsoever beyond her one role as a little girl, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I'd rather Jones come back instead-he could act.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

True, but I've never been of the opinion to place actors on too high a pedestal.  You have so many people that just find themselves in a motion picture somehow and they can do an amazing job sometimes.  I'm not saying that would be the case with Carrie Henn specifically, but you never know.  I think fans would really appreciate it if Carrie Henn reprised her role, but I can see the aforementioned obstacles...

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 26, 2015, 04:23:05 AM
I'd rather Jones come back instead-he could act.

You know it's entirely possible that if Rip actually makes it back to earth that she will get to see Jones again.  The possibilities are limitless!  We may need to find a different actor to play Jones though.. Lifespan..

Corporal Hicks

One and only warning - refrain from insulting Carrie Henn's physique please.

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

Regardless as to who they cast as newt, we can safely assume that it's going to be a case of rip,hicks and newt drifting through space again for another number of years to account for the aging. That, or they do live happily ever after for a couple of years, then kicks in the aliens.

Liberator

Liberator

She'd be perfect.  I hope to see her.

Local Trouble

Carrie Henn is only allowed to come back if she says "mostly" at some point.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 26, 2015, 02:31:12 AM
There are many professional actresses who would, could and should play an adult Newt in lieu of Carrie Henn.

How about Jennifer Hudson? They're about the same age aren't they? And she has an Academy award.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Reese Witherspoon, maybe?

Liberator

Liberator

Why not Carrie Henn again, please?

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Because she's not an actor and would probably decline the offer anyway.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Liberator on Feb 26, 2015, 03:39:54 PM
Why not Carrie Henn again, please?

I think fans would love to see Carrie Henn reprise her role.  It's a great human story off-screen.

Born Of Cold Light

I like the comic design of Newt which is fit and tough but not over-sexualized.  They should find an actress that looks like this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed