AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 52,615 times)

Still Collating...

I'm up for another AVP, just wish they'd approach it with more care and quality writing. But agree it would have to be in space/colony world, and why not have a different company go at it for once?

Though I personally doubt that the inclusion of Alexa's spear really having anything to do with a possible AVP3, I don't find it too far fetched that that door is open.

BigDaddyJohn

Although anything's possible, i do think that it will be (if not removed in the final cut) the spear given to her at the end of the movie, not the alien tail one...

Yautja_Warrior

I definitely want AvP 3 if they can do it justice next time. With how loved Aliens is, I'm really surprised they didn't just try to emulate Aliens with the AvP movies (or any of the Alien sequels tbh). It's a great foundation to reboot AvP and Colonial Marines fighting Aliens and Predators would make for a far more entertaining action movie, than scientists in the Antarctic or teens running around a small US town.

Weyland-Yutani scientists on a colony get hold of some Alien eggs and start experimenting / breeding them, something goes wrong and the company have to send in the Marines to investigate and hopefully salvage their research. A Predator ship is alerted to the Xeno outbreak and see a great hunting opportunity. Similar plot to Aliens but with 3-4 Predator's hunting Aliens and some wisecracking marines caught in the middle.

If they wanted to do the team up thing, they could do it with a couple of badass marines, teaming with the last 2 Predator, as a last resort to survive. Simple plot no need to make it complicated. Just make the action good, with a bit of gore and some good one liners. There you go, a decent AvP movie.

PredBabe

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 11, 2018, 02:56:28 PM
I definitely want AvP 3 if they can do it justice next time. With how loved Aliens is, I'm really surprised they didn't just try to emulate Aliens with the AvP movies (or any of the Alien sequels tbh). It's a great foundation to reboot AvP and Colonial Marines fighting Aliens and Predators would make for a far more entertaining action movie, than scientists in the Antarctic or teens running around a small US town.

Weyland-Yutani scientists on a colony get hold of some Alien eggs and start experimenting / breeding them, something goes wrong and the company have to send in the Marines to investigate and hopefully salvage their research. A Predator ship is alerted to the Xeno outbreak and see a great hunting opportunity. Similar plot to Aliens but with 3-4 Predator's hunting Aliens and some wisecracking marines caught in the middle.

If they wanted to do the team up thing, they could do it with a couple of badass marines, teaming with the last 2 Predator, as a last resort to survive. Simple plot no need to make it complicated. Just make the action good, with a bit of gore and some good one liners. There you go, a decent AvP movie.

I'm sold.

Wysps

Even though the story isn't identitical, this is kind of in the same spirit as the original AvP comic with Broken Tusk and Machiko Noguchi. The original source material for AvP is gold imo (particular the stories with Noguchi and Delacroix). The first AvP would be perfect to do as a movie - I think very little would need to be changed honestly. If push came to shove, it could probably be adapted to take place in present day Earth on a cattle ranch or something. Not nearly as fun, but doable.

Yautja_Warrior

Exactly. Studio's are always trying to make massive changes that just aren't needed, they should have more faith in some of this material, instead of trying to go a completely different direction, because they think they know better. AvP and AvP 2 are really good examples of how they really don't know better.

Don't get me wrong, both of those films have a few decent moments (mainly a few action sequences) but overall they are very poor movies and don't come close to the great characters or intense action of Aliens, Predator or even the AvP comics. It would be great to see Broken Tusk and Machiko on the big screen one day.

KiramidHead

Hill and Giler also wanted to turn the Jockey into a human and the alien into a weapon created by the company... well f**k, the prequels are halfway there already.

Highland

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 11, 2018, 03:40:44 PM

Even though the story isn't identitical, this is kind of in the same spirit as the original AvP comic with Broken Tusk and Machiko Noguchi. The original source material for AvP is gold imo (particular the stories with Noguchi and Delacroix). The first AvP would be perfect to do as a movie - I think very little would need to be changed honestly. If push came to shove, it could probably be adapted to take place in present day Earth on a cattle ranch or something. Not nearly as fun, but doable.

The comic is the best version, but a lot Andersons film is just the comic in a different environment. I don't think the whole Alien planet thing is as hard as people make out. Pitch Black did it and even a high budget movie like interstellar is just Earth with different colour palets.

Predators did it on a fairly tight budget.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jul 12, 2018, 03:46:22 AM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 11, 2018, 04:02:42 PM
Exactly. Studio's are always trying to make massive changes that just aren't needed, they should have more faith in some of this material, instead of trying to go a completely different direction, because they think they know better. AvP and AvP 2 are really good examples of how they really don't know better.

Don't get me wrong, both of those films have a few decent moments (mainly a few action sequences) but overall they are very poor movies and don't come close to the great characters or intense action of Aliens, Predator or even the AvP comics. It would be great to see Broken Tusk and Machiko on the big screen one day.

Walter Hill and David Giler on Alien 1979, is a "really good" example of how they DO know better...just sayin

Back then they got it right but these days......... not so much.

Alien and Aliens are still the highlights of the series, with nothing coming remotely close, all these years later. Even Ridley Scott couldn't recapture that original magic and has in fact nearly killed it, with Fox putting it on hold, rather than doing the Covenant sequel. Same with Predator, all the sequels have dipped in quality since the original movie.

They get it wrong way more than they get it right, when it comes to Alien and Predator, unfortunately.

Xerxész

Anybody has some info on the latest screening which - as somebody said earlier - was last week I think?

OpenMaw

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Jul 11, 2018, 10:01:40 AM
If "THE-PREDATOR" is including references to ALIEN VS PREDATOR, namely Alexa's spear from AVP, then my interest in this movie has jumped 100%, cause this means we might get an ALIEN/S vs PREDATOR 3 movie set in the future or at least near future..

It literally does not mean that.

It means there will be a nod to one of the previous Predator films in this film. That's all it means. Especially if it's just an off the shelf prop they happened to have hanging around at ADI. It means nothing for the future of the franchise.

Remember, it took over a decade before the Alien skull in Predator 2 actually meant anything.

It certainly doesn't indicate any plot details on an AVP3 which could just as easily be set on Earth again.

The success of The Predator does not mean anything except that the Predator side of the franchise finally hit a winner and we'll likely see another Predator sequel after that.

The likelihood we will see another AVP film in the foreseeable future is very slim. They didn't even give AVP in 2004 a high budget or faith.

BigDaddyJohn

Finally some common sense ! Tired to see people wanting to tie every little thing together... I can understand this need as a fan, but it's important to not take your wishes for reality though, because it's often far from what is actually happening in movie business...

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM
Spoiler
After attacking the Project: Stargazer base, Upgrade gives the survivors a chance to escape before he begins to hunt them to find the best fighter amongst them.
[close]

Hicks, isn't this a typo or misinformation?
Spoiler
Attack against the Stargazer base?
In the script the Stargazer base (or shall we call it 'Stargazer lab' instead?) was never attacked by...anyone. In addition it was never mentioned after the Fugitive and the main heroes escape from there.
[close]
But...if the info is correct...I can imagine that
Spoiler
Traeger transports the Ark to the Stargazer lab (for his own purposes) instead of the military base as Woodhurst ordered him (as written in the script).
[close]
Which would mean some totally new scenes in the Stargazer lab.

But...if the info is incorrect...then maybe the
Spoiler
the military base scenes (soldiers fighting against...something...now against the Upgrade instead of the Hybrids, as written in the script)
[close]
remained in the 'final' version of the film?

Could you ask this from your sources? :)

von

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 26, 2018, 07:06:02 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM
Spoiler
After attacking the Project: Stargazer base, Upgrade gives the survivors a chance to escape before he begins to hunt them to find the best fighter amongst them.
[close]

Hicks, isn't this a typo or misinformation?
Spoiler
Attack against the Stargazer base?
In the script the Stargazer base (or shall we call it 'Stargazer lab' instead?) was never attacked by...anyone. In addition it was never mentioned after the Fugitive and the main heroes escape from there.
[close]
But...if the info is correct...I can imagine that
Spoiler
Traeger transports the Ark to the Stargazer lab (for his own purposes) instead of the military base as Woodhurst ordered him (as written in the script).
[close]
Which would mean some totally new scenes in the Stargazer lab.

But...if the info is incorrect...then maybe the
Spoiler
the military base scenes (soldiers fighting against...something...now against the Upgrade instead of the Hybrids, as written in the script)
[close]
remained in the 'final' version of the film?

Could you ask this from your sources? :)

not to sound rude but... just 50 more days to worldwide release, surely you can wait? lol

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: von on Jul 26, 2018, 07:35:43 AM
not to sound rude but... just 50 more days to worldwide release, surely you can wait? lol

Just for maintaining the heat-hype, you know. ;)
This is what interests me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed