Prometheus 2 casting update!!

Started by RoaryUK, May 20, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 casting update!! (Read 20,125 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Well, here it is, apparently the first new addition to the cast for the next film. I don't know a lot about Rik Barnett but what I have seen of him, I'd say he's a decent actor, there's a few examples of his work on YouTube to judge for yourself.  As for who he's most likely to play I think it could very well be, as suggested on the P2 thread below, Shaw's brother.... though how that would pan out we'll just have to see.  Enjoy!

Source: http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/819

Rebel Without A Clue (clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mpiIrFxH2U#ws

Cvalda

This week on Days of our Prometheus...

[cancerblack]

Seems pretty baseless. "Some guy whose brothers' dogs' cousin is working on Prometheus 2 says this actor might be in it."

[cancerblack]

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 20, 2013, 02:38:27 AM
That's why I said "rumored"!!  There's going to be a lot of that over the next year or so, doesn't do any harm to mention something that might end up happening!

Sorry, I wasn't criticizing you. I was criticizing the article.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on May 20, 2013, 02:41:49 AM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 20, 2013, 02:38:27 AM
That's why I said "rumored"!!  There's going to be a lot of that over the next year or so, doesn't do any harm to mention something that might end up happening!

Sorry, I wasn't criticizing you. I was criticizing the article.

No problem dude!  :)

SM

Y'all watch your brain cells when trawling around prometheus2-movie.com.

Chris P

Chris P

Thanks SM, haha but just to add, I'm the one who was contacted and given the info and I can say right now as of this morning, that this news is pretty much confirmed as legitimate. So let the speculation begin. ;)

Update: Just got word from a second, VERY reliable source, this news is accurate. Not a rumor.

Cheers guys!

Zenzucht

Ridley's not meeting anyone, people are coming to RSA. It's a production company, there's somebody notable all the time.

Remember how Jon Spaiths described how he got the writing job for Prometheus? Actors, cinematographers, writers, various kind of artists are having meetings at the Ridley Scott Associates ALL THE TIME, about various projects, in various stages of development..

And the next Ridley's movie is: http://collider.com/assassins-creed-movie-release-date-exodus-release-date/#more-256304

(I guess you can't moan about Steven Zaillian..)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Chris P on May 20, 2013, 07:26:40 AM
Thanks SM, haha but just to add, I'm the one who was contacted and given the info and I can say right now as of this morning, that this news is pretty much confirmed as legitimate. So let the speculation begin. ;)

Update: Just got word from a second, VERY reliable source, this news is accurate. Not a rumor.

Cheers guys!

Thanks Chris, don't mean to step on your toes on this one, guess I can take out the "rumor control" tag.  First I knew of this was on Facebook, then saw it on Prometheus2-movie.com (through you I assume) as most people probably know by now.  I figured there might be something in it so posted it here, cheers anyway!

bishoop

bishoop

wow - if this is true could we be looking at a 2014 release?

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: bishoop on May 20, 2013, 07:40:07 PM
wow - if this is true could we be looking at a 2014 release?

It does seem a little early to be into casting, unless they're gonna start filming pretty soon. Does anyone recall when the Prometheus casting rumours first began?

Much as I want them to take their time and do it right, it'd be nice if this film didn't have to compete with Star Wars.

bishoop

bishoop

exactly - summer 2014 would be best as theres nothing seemingly huge SF wise like star wars

xmas 2014 you have Hobbit 2 and Interstellar so that might be a risky time. (competeing with Nolans SF film i mean)

and obvious summer 2015 its Episode VII, Avengers 2 etc (with Avatar 2 at xmas)

Chris P

Chris P

The first casting rumor, which was for Charlize Theron, and went online April 2nd, 2011. So, a little over as year before Prometheus came out.

Now I hope people actually read the article, cause I do mention that Rik's role is completely dependant on what the final script draft recommends. The script is NOT complete yet, but Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof, had ideas in development for Prometheus 2 well before Prometheus 1 hit theaters last June. And Ridley himself has met with Rik, according to my sources. So, there must be a role in mind, if they're already considering casting possibilities. The role in question - is apparently somehow linked to Shaw. Whether it be in a flashback scene, or her son, that I don't know. I was not able to get info on who is writing the script, at the moment, things will be very hush hush for a while. Secrecy is key with this franchise and they will be trying to hide as much as they can.

But Prometheus 2 is happening and it's progressing well behind closed doors.

bishoop

bishoop

QuoteBut Prometheus 2 is happening and it's progressing well behind closed doors.

as it should :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Can't see this guy playing her son, unless they intend to age Rapace somehow, there's only 10 years between them in reality, I'd say brother or cousin possibly!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed