Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 88,794 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/scottsigler/status/1187821269888065536

Really looking forward to this book, but damn, Titan, come on! Sort your cover art game out!!

SiL

SiL

They're surely taking the piss at this point :-\

RakaiThwei

Out of curiosity, considering that this is set on a medieval world... Can we count on fantasy analogues to be mentioned or appear in this story?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2019, 10:31:24 PM
They're surely taking the piss at this point :-\

I mean, it's way better than I could do but it looks like they gave the task to the intern or something...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2019, 09:11:48 AM

I mean, it's way better than I could do but it looks like they gave the task to the intern or something...
"Yeah man my son knows Photoshop he can totally do it."

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2019, 02:21:30 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2019, 09:11:48 AM

"Yeah man my son knows Photoshop he can totally do it."

:laugh: my thoughts exactly.

Really looking forward to this though!

felix

felix

I hope they'll be a Mass Paperback version.

SM

SM

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 26, 2019, 06:23:40 AM
Out of curiosity, considering that this is set on a medieval world... Can we count on fantasy analogues to be mentioned or appear in this story?

What kind of fantasy analogues?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2019, 12:02:33 AM
What kind of fantasy analogues?

Like mentions of mythological beasts i.e. Dragons when they're really some extraterrestrial type of lizard which just resembles one, or someone alluding to someone being something like Soothsayer or Oracle, prophecies or legendary type of weapon when it's really some alien tech or something (that one might be a thing in this book according to the summary).

That kind of thing.

I'm not expecting any of those things to happen but it would be neat to see something alluding to something like those.

SM

SM

Wouldn't surprise me if that sort of thing was in there.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Anyone else notice that the cover gives the title as Aliens: Phalanx? Other than Bug Hunt, every Titan novel thus far has used the singular.

And yeah, it makes me lol that you've got everyone suggesting Titan really need to up their cover art game, only for them to respond with that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 29, 2019, 11:36:20 AM
Anyone else notice that the cover gives the title as Aliens: Phalanx? Other than Bug Hunt, every Titan novel thus far has used the singular.

Yeah, makes me wonder if it's a licensing thing.  ???

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

That cover though...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed