Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 108,225 times)

Huggs

Huggs

I'm still hoping to one day see an anthology in the spirit of World War Z. Testimony and debriefings from survivors of Alien, Predator, and AVP encounters. To hear the personal stories of what happened, and what people saw and felt, from singular perspectives. The perspective of the sole survivors, each with differing skillsets, lifestyles and degrees of authority. A marine, a child, a mechanic, a scientist, a marshal. It would be fantastic.

AVP: Sole Survivors. That's a name. I'm calling that one.

SM

Is that like Lone Rangers?  ;)

HybridNewborn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 05, 2018, 08:36:59 AMAbnett's Reaper is actually one of my favourites from the book (and one of probably two or three I thought was really damn good), so I hope you like it.

Reaper was indeed quite good!

I'm well into Broken now, which is all well and good and decent enough, I just wish it wasn't about Bishop.

Side note: Rook gets around. That's, what, this story, Cold Forge, and Aliens Infestation he's in, yeah?

SM

SM

That model gets around.

Broken had potential. To have Bishop kill people though was lazy and ill-conceived.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 05, 2018, 06:48:56 PM
I'm still hoping to one day see an anthology in the spirit of World War Z. Testimony and debriefings from survivors of Alien, Predator, and AVP encounters. To hear the personal stories of what happened, and what people saw and felt, from singular perspectives. The perspective of the sole survivors, each with differing skillsets, lifestyles and degrees of authority. A marine, a child, a mechanic, a scientist, a marshal. It would be fantastic.

AVP: Sole Survivors. That's a name. I'm calling that one.

I'd like to see that too.

Corporal Hicks

It'd certainly be interesting. I have a huge soft spot for that style of media (first person accounts) and I've always been a little disappointed no-one has tried doing like a found footage or documentary style Alien fanfilm so I'd certainly love to see a book like that!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Jun 05, 2018, 10:27:22 PMSide note: Rook gets around. That's, what, this story, Cold Forge, and Aliens Infestation he's in, yeah?

There was also supposed to be a character called Rook in ACM, but evidently that got cut/altered.

Corporal Hicks

Think he just became another Bishop.

Nostromo

Am listening to Aliens: Bug Hunt on Audiobooks, there's some pretty damn good stories in here! Another great audiobook!

Kradan

Quote from: Nostromo on Feb 14, 2019, 07:16:56 PM
Am listening to Aliens: Bug Hunt on Audiobooks, there's some pretty damn good stories in here! Another great audiobook!

Indeed

SM

It must do better in the telling over the reading.

Local Trouble

We don't need the knowing, we can live here.

SM

"We don't need the knowing, we can live here."

[cancerblack]

How much of this is just fan-fic about the cast of Aliens? I'm really trying, but...

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 12, 2019, 09:49:32 AM
How much of this is just fan-fic about the cast of Aliens? I'm really trying, but...

Not even good fanfiction.

It's not as bad as the "Alien Queen banging humans" stuff on fanfic websites, but the way the characters are written is . . . kinda cringy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed