Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork

Started by Nightlord, Dec 07, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork (Read 44,680 times)

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Nice art but that doesn't mean much, the premise still sounds awful.  :(

reecebomb

reecebomb

Nice art indeed. The premise might suck, but i can swallow it as a fanfiction. The game itself better be good or heads will roll.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 09, 2013, 02:55:12 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 08, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
I really like both images, but that first one of (presumably) Amanda really pops, for me. It suggests they're really concentrating on character and tension, as opposed to just the plain ol' pew pew.

I'm afraid all it demonstrates is that the art department were told to evoke Ripley for promotional reasons.

I'd even go so far as to suspect the visual reference given was of when Ripley is slowly turning around, in fear, in the escape shuttle.

Very true, but they could have just as easily evoked an image of Ripley charging around with a flamethrower, which would have suggested a different mood and focus.

TheTrekman

TheTrekman

They should give up on making this game and turn it into a movie instead and cast Jenna Coleman as Amanda.

UDA

UDA

These images peaked my interest, but the whole fighting clones and soldiers thing, that part of where ACM went sour for me. I can settle for a single or a very few Xenos if it's done right, but since this games is a FPS I'm thinking the balance of humans and aliens will be highly way off balance.

Is this supposed to be an action or a survival horror game? I've never played a first person survival horror and thought it was scary.

I do like the look of that ship, really makes me think they're taking their ques off of the first film. Also, I think Amanda's face is perfect, plenty of Ripley there, can't wait to see the full character. The Alien reflecting in the visor though, I can count four fingers, didn't Kane's son have 6 (maybe just the way the hands are being held)? Not asking for a clone of the Giger alien, I'm actually hoping they don't do that, but I'd love to see plenty of the original alien design in this one. I'm also hoping it moves the way the first one did, slow and stalking, that whole rapist vibe they had in the first film.

Don't know if anyone else saw it, but that dome on the ship/space station looks damaged, maybe that's where the debris is coming from. From what little detail of the space suit I can see in that picture, It looks like the suits Kane, Lambert, and Dallas wore.

SM

SM

I noticed the wreckage yesterday but only just noticed the space suit.

Jay Thomas

Jay Thomas

I wonder if this'll be released on Xbox360/PS3 or XboxOne/PS4...?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: thewoozy on Dec 09, 2013, 11:11:45 PM
I wonder if this'll be released on Xbox360/PS3 or XboxOne/PS4...?
Next gen only most likely.

MrSpaceJockey

As someone not very well versed in gaming, is that how it usually works? How quickly do studios stop making games for the PS3 or X-box 360?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 09, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
As someone not very well versed in gaming, is that how it usually works? How quickly do studios stop making games for the PS3 or X-box 360?
This is just a guess, but I'd say that the old gen will get a good supply of games for at least two more years, and then there will be a sudden drop off.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 09, 2013, 11:27:02 PM
This is just a guess, but I'd say that the old gen will get a good supply of games for at least two more years, and then there will be a sudden drop off.

I read that it was being made for next gen consoles, and pc but they may make it for current gen. but i see that as highly unlikely

MrSpaceJockey

And where did you read that?

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Nazrel on Dec 10, 2013, 01:01:25 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Dec 09, 2013, 11:27:02 PM

I read that it was being made for next gen consoles, and pc but they may make it for current gen. but i see that as highly unlikely

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 10, 2013, 01:05:36 AM
And where did you read that?

Mentioned here at the very bottom. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/22/ripley-rumours-creative-assemblys-alien-isolation/

If it is true I won't be that happy, but I think that info might be outdated. At least it sounds like the re hauled the game since then and if it's a FPS why wouldn't they put it on PC?

ikarop

ikarop

I remember being told back in 2011 by someone at CA that there were things (in regards to lighting, shadowing, etc...) that other studios assumed the current gen of consoles cannot do that they were doing.

In short, they were putting a lot of effort into pushing the boundaries of current gen back then. Perhaps it will be a cross-gen title but there's nothing solid atm.

UDA

UDA

Don't know about how much more PS3 content there will be, but the 360 is supposedly going to have between 100-200 new titles (I'm sure most of these will not be AAA, since that would be bad for business). Considering what happened with ACM, i'm assuming Isolation will be on the newest generation, because it's a chance to separate itself from ACM. Due to the failure with ACM in technical aspects (Shadows, textures, ect), I'd imagine CA would want to nail this one down right, Fox or Sega will be looking over their shoulders  so they won't take the kind of loses they did over ACM.

So I'm not concerned about the technical stuff, Alien being a big franchise I doubt they'll allow two terrible games in a row. I'm more concerned about the story aspect. It's called Alien, but we're being told there's more Clones and Soldiers to fight than actual aliens present in the game. I think this is a huge part of ACM's downfall, humans were everywhere.

Also still freaking about the FPS part of it. Like I said before, I've never played or have seen an FPS than was actually scary. I was hoping for more of a tomb raider, 3rd person kind of thing. Not just because the aesthetics were good, but the brutality that the protagonist went through was demonstrated on character (injuries, bandages, torn clothes) , and I've kind of hoped since that Alien would lean in that direction. I read somewhere that this was going to be puzzle centric, made me think about the early resident evil series, and that sounds great to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed