Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,075 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I just wonder how can you make the story where both Kee and the Predator survive at the end and make that resolution satisfying for all areas. You think Predators would accept mercy from their prey? Would the concept of mercy be considered dishonorable to them or understand that given a second chance is just another way of complementing them as a worthy opponent? You see this alot in other stories outside of this series that do this, like the main character shows mercy to their rival and soon enough the rival goes through character development and establish a friendship with the main character and becomes part of the main crew for the series.

ace3g

ace3g

Some more possible set locations.

Clubroot

Clubroot

@Mr.Turok

There has to be a 3rd opponent or force that would make the Pred and Kee work together, and thus both go their own ways at the end of the film. Since this film is a prequel, and IF the P2 lore is still acknowledged by the writers and director, the Predator lives to hunt another day.

Huggs

Huggs

Oh no. No working together.

For the love of God, not again.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I'm almost positive if it is Greyback the ending will be a deliberate callback to Predator 2 with either Greyback's crew coming to get him or Greyback being on the receiving end like Harrigan was before they let him go. However this does make me think about the similarities and how this could be not only a stand alone prequel but a stealth second part of a trilogy. Since if Greyback goes down in a similar way to City Hunter, is CH even dead? Sean Keyes is still active in-universe and it'd be an obvious route to take his character in having this confrontation with his father's killer even decades later given his involvement with the OWLF and Stargazer.

Naturally you're audience wants the Predator killed, but if it's Greyback he can't die since he's in Predator 2. They might have a back door for a City Hunter follow up.

Alternatively and most likely I'm talking out of my ass.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 04, 2021, 01:19:11 AM
Oh no. No working together.

For the love of God, not again.

Hear hear ! 100% agree. We got enough of that already.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 04, 2021, 02:11:47 AM
I'm almost positive if it is Greyback the ending will be a deliberate callback to Predator 2 with either Greyback's crew coming to get him or Greyback being on the receiving end like Harrigan was before they let him go. However this does make me think about the similarities and how this could be not only a stand alone prequel but a stealth second part of a trilogy. Since if Greyback goes down in a similar way to City Hunter, is CH even dead? Sean Keyes is still active in-universe and it'd be an obvious route to take his character in having this confrontation with his father's killer even decades later given his involvement with the OWLF and Stargazer.

Naturally you're audience wants the Predator killed, but if it's Greyback he can't die since he's in Predator 2. They might have a back door for a City Hunter follow up.

Just my opinion, but I highly doubt they'd actually have Greyback as a character, or even reference him. I'd imagine it'll just be a completely different pred as per usual.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 03, 2021, 10:14:26 PM
Some more possible set locations.

Those shots are just simply gorgeous.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 04, 2021, 02:11:47 AM

Jim Carrey made a living out if it! ;D

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Clubroot on Aug 03, 2021, 11:50:30 PM
@Mr.Turok

There has to be a 3rd opponent or force that would make the Pred and Kee work together, and thus both go their own ways at the end of the film. Since this film is a prequel, and IF the P2 lore is still acknowledged by the writers and director, the Predator lives to hunt another day.

I don't see them working together, as I don't see any kind of 3rd opponent that has to force them to team up. The producers said this is a classic hunt story so its going to go down between both sides. Even if its the Bigfoot creature that is rumored about, I don't even see it as a strong enough opponent that I can see the Predator really struggle against. Simply the red herring that gets killed by the true threat Kee will have to face. I think that will be a really strong and interesting idea if Kee grants the Predator mercy, I do wonder how the producers can direct this if there is a possibility the Predator will also survive at the end of the film. I find it unlikely however and it will be one to the death, but who knows.

ace3g

ace3g

skhellter

skhellter

give me this

Master

Master

Splendid clip! The Sasquatch looks pretty creepy there!

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 07, 2021, 12:59:08 PM
give me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQtBOpEM_DA
The video is blocked due to copyright laws on my end so what is it about?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Aug 07, 2021, 11:09:35 AM
Is this our Yeti?

One can hope!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed