New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 57,169 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Kind of. Wasn't really visible. Let me see if I can find the pic. Ull see the first one right away after u see it.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well I just posted a pic...

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Sep 01, 2012, 03:33:04 PM
It had a ridged pattern (basically the design of the Jungle Aliens in AVP 2010), but no eye sockets or actual skull.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyZDTRntzCrOKTDBQbJf-D_7Qup2vhos1xUEipmOq9IMwybbt3dQ&t=1

The aliens in Rez and AvP also have a subtle ridged design under the translucent dome.

So far though, the only aliens with actual skulls beneath are Kane's son, and....sigh...the Predalien.

Also this:

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I was replying while u were. Anyway here's the pic.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Wow...I never realized how los-res that skull looks.

reecebomb

reecebomb

This is their best trailer so far, but the spitter ruins it (i also dislike the crusher). I think  the spitter is actually pretty well desingned but still, the design doesn't fit Alien universe. Looks like they took the it's just a videogame mentality on the contrary to their authentic Aliens sequel/ Alien 3 prequel which Gearbox claim they are making. There are just too many facts about this game i think are suspect and would have looked ridiculous in the film. I wouldn't be so negative if this game was another fps with xenomorphs and marines in it. Im still sure this game will be a lot fun and probably will buy it and am glad it's being made.

That said, i think the spitter (hate the name) would be kinda cool if the acid bags would be dark green almost body coloured while the xenomorph is not attacking. Glowing would commence as soon as player touches the attack button. Longer the button hold duration, deadlier the attack, predator shoulder cannon style. Quick push withalmost no glow and very weak attack, long push results instant kill. The way i see it spitters should be especially well camouflaged and when a marine sights ominous glow from the dark he has to react instantly or he's history.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Just made a new one. Better view. Why is it green??? What happened to black and grey rust colors?

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 01, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
Just made a new one. Better view. Why is it green??? What happened to black and grey rust colors?

Radiation

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

f**k that. I'll just chalk it up to aesthetics. Yes, I give up trying to find reason for this shit that I am now justifying it by calling it an artistic interpretation.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Sorry folks, upon closer inspect to the 60 fps version of the video, i can confirm that the shell did not come off. Its still there, just that the angle is steep. Just a sliver of the shell looks like its still there. :(

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 01, 2012, 03:04:34 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Sep 01, 2012, 02:21:54 PM
I'd like to confirm a small tidbit of vital information regarding the Lurker in the new escape video. If  you goto 2:04 in the video you see the Lurker running at a marine whilst getting shot in the head.

Look closely to its head before and after getting shot. Notice the change?
I can only come to two conclusions: Either
1. You blow its shell off revealling its skull.
2. Shell hardens and becomes completely black.

This explains the missing title card for the smooth headed alien. But someone told me that the Lurker is the smooth headed alien.

Yea, its generally believed that the lurker (really the drone) from the first movie, evolves into a warrior (second movie). Sheds the dome when it doesn't need it to protect the developing skull. Nice pointing that out tho, I missed it the first time. Gotta rewatch.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 01, 2012, 05:02:39 PM
f**k that. I'll just chalk it up to aesthetics. Yes, I give up trying to find reason for this shit that I am now justifying it by calling it an artistic interpretation.

Lol pretty much. It's just easier to explain this way.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The skull inside the dome looks pretty f**king good at least.

Never say no to Panda!

Quote from: reecebomb on Sep 01, 2012, 03:54:46 PM
would be kinda cool if the acid bags would be dark green almost body coloured while the xenomorph is not attacking. Glowing would commence as soon as player touches the attack button. Longer the button hold duration, deadlier the attack,

THIS

WinterActual

WinterActual

I am wondering if they have such "skin" feature for the Crusher  ::) We will see a cow/bull/rhino skull inside rofl

Eldrik

Eldrik

Bitchin'!

One thang I noticed: The pulse rifles have LED round counters on BOTH sides of the gun. Hmmmmm......

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's a good change, I think. Made no sense in the original to only have it on the one side.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed