AvP - Sand Trap

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 09, 2007, 02:28:38 PM

Author
AvP - Sand Trap (Read 6,718 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Seems that Civilized Beasts isn’t the only Alien vs Predator comic making its way to us in the upcoming months. I’m not sure where this has come from, but news of a new comic called Sand Trap has made it’s way to a site called Vision Thread:

20070908_01

“A weary band of brothers serving time in a dust-ridden desert war, sometime around now… Its not a popular war, but lots of people want a piece of it, and they’re willing to kill however many civvies it takes to send a message. But this squad’s just pulling duty for Uncle Sam and a scholarship. They just wants to make it home in time for cornflakes, that’s all. And when they stumble over a monstrous fight they have no business interfering with, the cornflakes aren’t that important anymore…”

The comic is set to be released to coincide with AvP2’s release and will be 22 pages, illustrated by Davide Fabbri. From the looks of the preview, it looks to be set in modern times somewhere in a desert country, most likely Iraq. Thanks to Harry72 for the heads up.

Darkness

Darkness

Will this be published by Dark Horse?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Guessing so. I've left a note with their PR, I'll find out more soon enough.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I mean...they're the one with the license afterall.    :P  

Harry72

Harry72

Davide Fabbri is a very good comic-strip artist. He is a comics artist whose credits include Dark Horse's - Starship Troopers: Dominant Species and the Star Wars - Jedi Council series.    :P  

Xenoegg

Xenoegg

The Site is from Mike Kennedy and when you click home you see on the Right Side that Comic will be Release from Dark Horse and Fox.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ah. I should have looked around more. He was responsible for the shit that was Thrill of the Hunt.

Xenoegg

Xenoegg

I liked that he retcon the problem with the Earth War and i think it gives worster A/P Comics like the Dutch Brother Trilogy.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

more AVP comics....yaayyy i guess

Meathead320

Meathead320

Nice M113.  I drove one of those in Iraq.

kimarhi

kimarhi

His art looks similar to the android episode of Aliens Colonial Marines.  (the one where the robots defenced an alphatech research station)

Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

looks awesome, ill be picking this baby up

swift blade

swift blade

it looks like the comic is set  in Iraq  so there might be a predator temple like in avp there .

Yautja boy

Yautja boy

Well swift blade,most likly the're just hunting in the desert with sand for hundreds of miles in all directions,it whould be a good place to hunt.But i am soooo going to get it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed