Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 88,231 times)

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Concerning of the bridge to the Alien.. Buddy of mine thought the crashed Juggernaut was THE Derelict.. So I explained to him that Prometheus took place on the LV-223, not the LV-426 (which was the other planet in the shots in space).. Anyway, he did not give a s**t..

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Most Alien fans outside the internet probably don't. They just see an alien planet, a similar ship, and the Alien, and that's more than enough for them.

Same principle applies over us picking apart every Alien design and comparing it to Giger's original. Most people don't care at all. All they have to do is see the Alien and they're happy, makes no difference if its the Alien design or the AVPR one.

SM

SM

Quotenot the LV-426 (which was the other planet in the shots in space)..

It was?

SiL

SiL

Not unless it shrank drastically in 20 years.

SM

SM

And gas giant gained another moon...

And moved 4 ly futher away...

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Your very last comment is a great one. I for one hope that this mentality is correct, considering the amount of flack Alien flicks get all the time since fanboys (not Film lovers) get carried away on spats between fanboys.
A formula like this will help push Prometheus into new territory rather than lump the Alien franchise as just another monster movie like Dracula or the Wolfman to be forgotten in another bargain bin product.

I am a film lover first and formost. But I respect the Alien franchise. I hope that Art can dictate where the story goes rather money.

AND BY ART I MEAN f**kING STORY TELLING. A RIPPING f**kING GOOD YARN!!!!!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 26, 2012, 05:49:22 PM
Most Alien fans outside the internet probably don't. They just see an alien planet, a similar ship, and the Alien, and that's more than enough for them.

Same principle applies over us picking apart every Alien design and comparing it to Giger's original. Most people don't care at all. All they have to do is see the Alien and they're happy, makes no difference if its the Alien design or the AVPR one.

SM

SM

A lot of the flak that Alien flicks get (mainly from Alien3 onwards) is perfectly legitimate, be it from 'fanboys' or 'Film lovers'.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

I think it will fit to this thread well.. Check the second question & answer: http://storyshots.tumblr.com/post/30407729786/late-question-monday

(It's a blog of a former Pixar story artist who has great knowledge not only about the animated movies, she really knows a lot..)

SM

SM

No great revelation that a movie aimed at a wider audience is more likely to score a higher budget.

BobGrill

BobGrill

People are always going to hate a film, no matter how good some may find it. It's hard making a film because you have to try to please every different type of audience member, and that just can't be done. Hell, there are people who hated The Dark Knight Rises ( which I was not overly impressed with, but still enjoyed). There are people who hate movies which are often considered some of the best films ever made. It''s just the way it is. I don't care just as long as people act civil and use reasons to back up their opinions, rather than just saying " That movie sucked."

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: BobGrill on Aug 29, 2012, 07:21:35 AMIt's hard making a film because you have to try to please every different type of audience member, and that just can't be done.

That's true, but you can avoid basic movie mistakes. People may hate the film for various reasons; that logan guy, dis-continuity with the universe, the god-damned squid - but ultimately it falls over because of shoddy film making; choppy editing, badly drawn characters and an aimless screenplay.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 29, 2012, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: BobGrill on Aug 29, 2012, 07:21:35 AMIt's hard making a film because you have to try to please every different type of audience member, and that just can't be done.

That's true, but you can avoid basic movie mistakes. People may hate the film for various reasons; that logan guy, dis-continuity with the universe, the god-damned squid - but ultimately it falls over because of shoddy film making; choppy editing, badly drawn characters and an aimless screenplay.
But that's based on the assertion that it's a badly made movie... something which many here would disgaree with.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darth Vile on Aug 29, 2012, 01:46:44 PM

But that's based on the assertion that it's a badly made movie... something which many here would disgaree with.

Yes, that is my assertion. My point, however, was that despite all of the nit-picking there are fundamental problems with the film that have nothing to do with personal taste or expectations...

...and that is my opinion dammit and I ain't budging from it...

...and I am not nitpicking. :P

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 29, 2012, 02:02:49 PM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Aug 29, 2012, 01:46:44 PM

Yes, that is my assertion. My point, however, was that despite all of the nit-picking there are fundamental problems with the film that have nothing to do with personal taste or expectations...

...and that is my opinion dammit and I ain't budging from it...

...and I am not nitpicking. :P

It's just that the point becomes a bit moot... same as if someone was stating that "you can't make a film that pleases everyone, even acknowledging that Prometheus is probably the best science fiction movie ever made".

I don't believe that by the way... just using it to mirror it with your view/language.  ;)

SM

SM

QuoteIt's hard making a film because you have to try to please every different type of audience member, and that just can't be done.

No one ever tries to please every different type of audience member.  For the very reason you stated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed