Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,604 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 09, 2014, 03:20:26 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2014, 03:24:55 AM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 04:54:56 PM
And as for AVP, tubes teeth and a phallic shaped head does not a Xenomorph or Alien make.
I definitely disagree with this. I love seeing reinterpretations of the Alien creature, and there have been lots in the video games, comics, and certainly the movies themselves.

And they've all been f**king awful aside from Aliens Alien3 and most of the concept art being better than the final designs.
Yeah we'll definitely have to agree to disagree on that one. I can name several designs in the comics that I thought were great.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

If you remove biomechanics the Alien loses everything Alien about it. That's why I despise those designs.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's one of the things I disagree with :)

happypred

As a rule of thumb, the more biomechanical xenomorphs look, the better they look

The biomechanical look is eery, beautiful, alien, and frightening. I love Giger's mixture of disturbing, sexually suggestive imagery and biomechanical otherworldliness 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Don't get me wrong, I *prefer* the biomechanical look, I just don't consider it an absolutely essential component if people want to creatively interpret them.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

IMO people who want to change the fact that they're primarily bio-mechanoid monsters shouldn't be let near the series in the first place.

Hopefully in this series, they'll downplay the anti-hero vision of the Predators make them more violent and villianous.

-Establish a set structure for Alien designs and types. (I almost wish I owned the IP to write a book on Alien types.)

-Don't go crazy when exploring Engineer culture.

-Invent new Xeno-like cool monsters with the vases.

-Keep the stories as grounded as "Alien" and "Predator"

-Don't intertwine too much, it'll become cheesy and I want to be able to ignore the odd "bad issue"

-All the drone Aliens should be as cunning as "big chap"

-De-humanise the Predator

-Sexualise everything giger

-interesting characters and a story we care about.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The black goo is actually probably going to help the series survive for longer than the initial run (which was lengthy) simply because you can throw it in there to change stuff whereas one of the major gripes of the original series/games was them changing the Alien around to do things it was never meant to do to make them uber lethal (only to have them die by the scores anyways).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote-All the drone Aliens should be as cunning as "big chap"
Probably worth pointing out that "big chap" wasn't exactly all that cunning. The ones in 'Aliens' were depicted as having more intelligence. Hell, so were the ones in 'Alien Resurrection'.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

There can be an argument made for Big Chap being cunning.  Or extremely lucky in the things he did.

happypred

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 14, 2014, 03:42:14 AM-All the drone Aliens should be as cunning as "big chap"

You mean Kane's Son? He wasn't especially intelligent. He just happened to be up against very weak opposition. It would be hard for a xenomorph not to look powerful against space truckers. We're talking about scared civilians who thought it would be a good idea for one of their number to crawl alone into the ventilation shafts...

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: happypred on Feb 14, 2014, 07:31:16 PM
Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 14, 2014, 03:42:14 AM-All the drone Aliens should be as cunning as "big chap"

You mean Kane's Son? He wasn't especially intelligent. He just happened to be up against very weak opposition. It would be hard for a xenomorph not to look powerful against space truckers. We're talking about scared civilians who thought it would be a good idea for one of their number to crawl alone into the ventilation shafts...

The same person also thought it would be a good idea to violate standard procedure and bring a live Alien onboard his ship.  And they made him captain. ::)

SM

SM

Quote from: happypred on Feb 14, 2014, 07:31:16 PM

How to misrepresent the Alien and humans in a couple of easy sentences...

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 14, 2014, 06:46:24 PM
Quote-All the drone Aliens should be as cunning as "big chap"
Probably worth pointing out that "big chap" wasn't exactly all that cunning. The ones in 'Aliens' were depicted as having more intelligence. Hell, so were the ones in 'Alien Resurrection'.

Yet Kane's son, within days tried to resemble a box, posed as Christ and moved gracefully with a certain purpose.
For all we know, the Alien in the context of "Alien" alone could've had a greater understanding of the universe than even we do.

And no, the Aliens in Resurrection (If you can even call them as such) and Aliens respectively were more human not necessarily more intelligent. They imitated humans instead of being Aliens in Resurrection, instead of being "Alien." (Climb ladders, push buttons etc)

In Aliens they were intelligent but more animalistic. (Charging tactics)

SM

SM

You think an Alien couldn't climb a ladder?

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I think it wouldn't.

When there's grating left and right of it ,where it would be easier for it to spit acid from the back of the ladder and not put itself in harms way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed