AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2012, 08:45:29 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus (Read 35,596 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: XenoPuke on Jun 05, 2012, 01:40:22 AM
AvP has established
Woah, stop right there  :laugh:

r888

r888

Great review Corporal Hicks, can't wait to check it for myself on thursday

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

I read your review, seems interesting. Although, the ProtoAlien doesn't really make alot of sense.

AvP has established that Xenomorphs have already existed for thousands of years, meaning that the creatures encountered in Prometheus could not have been ProtoAliens.

My only theory for these organisms is that, if they originated from this black goop, which obviously must contain genetic material, then perhaps, assuming that the Xenomorphs are a creation of the Space Jockey, these organisms came from leftover genetic material from true ProtoAliens made long ago.

They're ignoring AVP.

Pete Script

Pete Script

Quote from: n00b133 on Jun 02, 2012, 06:48:51 PM
@Pete Script i couldnt have said it better myself!

Thanks bud, glad I'm not alone.  ;D

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Jun 05, 2012, 05:22:00 AM
I read your review, seems interesting. Although, the ProtoAlien doesn't really make alot of sense.

AvP has established that Xenomorphs have already existed for thousands of years, meaning that the creatures encountered in Prometheus could not have been ProtoAliens.

My only theory for these organisms is that, if they originated from this black goop, which obviously must contain genetic material, then perhaps, assuming that the Xenomorphs are a creation of the Space Jockey, these organisms came from leftover genetic material from true ProtoAliens made long ago.

They're ignoring AVP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZIYdFmZqc#

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

They're ignoring AVP.

Ridley lost his chance.
AVP will always be CANOOOOOOON!

melkor

melkor

Well worded amigo.

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

Very good review I agree with pretty much all of it. Too many plot holes and unanswered questions and the terrible score detracted from what could've been a great movie.

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 08, 2012, 04:54:16 AM

They're ignoring AVP.

Ridley lost his chance.
AVP will always be CANOOOOOOON!

But please, only AvP 1....AVP:R never happened, right?

DaddyYautja

Magegg

Magegg

Yes, my theory would be that xenomorphs were being "recreated" (not created) by the Engineers.

Alien³

Alien³

AVP and AVP:R both happened and both of them are not cannon. They have their own horrible movie cannon which died with AVP:R.

Spoiler
The cold hard truth.
[close]

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

The funny part of this Prometheus threads is that allways someone is mentioning avp 1 :)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jun 16, 2012, 10:03:54 AM
The funny part of this Prometheus threads is that allways someone is mentioning avp 1 :)

That was the last good movie in both franchises.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 02, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
Huh?!? You would put aliens over alien I terms of quality? And depending on your idea of quality Prometheus could well be top, of the series it's the most visually stunning

...my idea of quality? Oh hello there, mister-i-make-silly-assumptions-about-other-people.

I felt Aliens was more tense and slightly more paranoid than the first film... and it just has better dialogue and character work.. the 80's action movie vibes may put some off.. but please do consider that these films are essentially Bmovie stories with Aclass moviemaking. They werent made to please pretentious twats. :laugh:

Prometheus just isnt as tight in it's storytelling as Aliens or Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed