New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 29,144 times)

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 14, 2021, 08:07:02 AM
Yes I believe the taste of people who hold such views sucks, almost always think they don't know what they're talking about, like someone who thinks interpolating animation to be 60FPS with A.I looks genuinely better.

I think I know what video you saw recently on YT

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 14, 2021, 11:55:32 PM
What a great observation CB. I would have never thought of it myself but it rings so true.

Even the Skulls film crew did a better job with the cookies. 🤪

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 15, 2021, 05:58:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 14, 2021, 11:55:32 PM
What a great observation CB. I would have never thought of it myself but it rings so true.

Even the Skulls film crew did a better job with the cookies. 🤪

:laugh:

I must confess I looked for these on ebay. I was hoping someone on the lower end of the crew might feel enterprising or be on a diet and sell theirs. But no such luck!

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

If it is sold as a collector's item versus something edible, I at least believe it's permitted? But against the eBay seller guidelines or not, you can find limited edition sealed cereal boxes, sealed coke cans & bottles, etc. sold on ebay right now.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 14, 2021, 08:26:06 PM
^
It's a shame that Ian hasn't been invited back to perform. I read that he had schedule conflicts maybe?...

Or maybe the filmmakers just didn't want him?

No idea why they didn't get him for Predators (you'd have thought he'd be an obvious cast for Mr.Black given the size difference in Predators) though he might've been busy on Game of Thrones when The Predator was starting production. According to IMDB he might've been occupied for both films. In this case I strongly suspect Kyle Strauts was available and ADI still had his molds and being on the clock might've been an easier get.

meanstreak

City Hunter Yautja

I am frankly getting tired of the streaming wars and that distributers will covet their franchises. I fear when you will only get to watch the Alien and Predator films on Disney's streaming services. Glad I've been buying my favorites on Amazon while they are still available there. :(

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 10:56:36 PM
I am frankly getting tired of the streaming wars and that distributers will covet their franchises. I fear when you will only get to watch the Alien and Predator films on Disney's streaming services. Glad I've been buying my favorites on Amazon while they are still available there. :(

That's the feared future. Where content will never be available to "own" and you'll have to continue to subscribe to revisit.

Proteus

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 01:39:17 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 10:56:36 PM

That's the feared future. Where content will never be available to "own" and you'll have to continue to subscribe to revisit.

A legitimate fear and one I hold with Skulls. There have been certain Hulu/Netflix/Amazon exclusive content that has yet to be released on physical media. Has Old Guard had a wide release on blu-ray? Can't seem to find it. And if so, it was quiet and not many released. But these seem to be happening with lesser known films/shows or not as popular. I'd have to think 20th Century Studios/Disney would make Skulls or any future films available on physical media after a stint on streaming. Then again, only time will tell and it would be so heartbreaking to have these films only available on streaming and nowhere else.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, me Hicks and RidgeTop were discussing this briefly yesterday and Netflix's Daredevil Season 3 not available to purchase on physical media much to my chagrin, the last and arguably best season, forcing me to keep Netflix when I want to revisit it.

So would I be surprised if Skulls, especially the new Alien series never gets a physical release? Unfortunately no.  :-\

Why get someone on the hook for a single purchase that factors physical media production costs with distributor & retailer cuts into profit, when they can get more people on the hook for a monthly fee instead.

Proteus

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 05:36:52 PM
Yeah, me Hicks and RidgeTop were discussing this briefly yesterday and Netflix's Daredevil Season 3 not available to purchase on physical media much to my chagrin, the last and arguably best season, forcing me to keep Netflix when I want to revisit it.

So would I be surprised if Skulls, especially the new Alien series never gets a physical release? Unfortunately no.  :-\

Why get someone on the hook for a single purchase that factors physical media production costs with distributor & retailer cuts into profit, when they can get more people on the hook for a monthly fee instead.

Just read an article that further justifies that fear. Let me see if I can link it via my phone: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/blu-ray.html

Stitch

Quote from: Proteus on Jul 12, 2021, 08:53:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 05:36:52 PM

Just read an article that further justifies that fear. Let me see if I can link it via my phone: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/blu-ray.html
As a physical media collector, I really hope this doesn't come to pass. Streaming doesn't have the same quality a physical media.

Still annoyed I can't get Daredevil S3 or Punisher on blu. Very much hoping Skulls gets a physical release.

Presuming it's any good, of course.

SuperiorIronman

It's all convenience.

You can put a disk into the machine and the thing boots up. Or you can not do that and have to connect to the internet. If nobody was paying attention to shit like stadia then I'll just say it, streaming only just doesn't work. Once the servers are gone, it's over. No internet and you can't buy the product. You're goal is to sell as much of the product as possible and not everyone lives in an area where it is easy to stream or even if they do it doesn't mean they'll be using your services. Some exceptions like Daredevil will happen but physical media isn't going anywhere and probably will even make comic adaptations of movies worth it again. Even if it wont be a physical release of a DVD I'm pretty sure we will have options to experience the story.

BlueMarsalis79

With no Legion S2 & S3 on Blu-ray it's a worrying precedent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed