Danny McBride in talks for Covenant

Started by Gazz, Feb 11, 2016, 12:01:51 AM

Author
Danny McBride in talks for Covenant (Read 30,816 times)

Gazz

Gazz

Danny McBride to Join Michael Fassbender in Ridley Scott's 'Alien: Covenant'

QuoteThe "Eastbound & Down" star is in early discussions to join 20th Century Fox's blockbuster sci-fi movie.

Following a hilarious run as Kenny Powers on HBO's "Eastbound & Down," Danny McBride is preparing to move from comedy to sci-fi, as he's in early discussions to co-star in Ridley Scott's big-budget blockbuster "Alien: Covenant," TheWrap has learned.

Michael Fassbender is reprising his role from "Prometheus," and he'll be joined by Katherine Waterston as the series' new female lead.
The director's company Scott Free is producing the tentpole for 20th Century Fox, which like McBride's representatives, declined to comment.

The film is a major coup for McBride, as not only will it allow him to show off more of his range as a performer, but he'll also have a chance to work with Scott. Like the director, McBride is a true cinephile, and the duo are said to have hit it off while discussing old movies.

http://www.thewrap.com/danny-mcbride-to-join-michael-fassbender-in-ridley-scotts-alien-covenant-exclusive/

Alien³

I'm okay with that.

Astronoë

Kenny powers? Uh...plz god no..he is funny, but I haven't seen him trying to do serious movies...

it appears the story you linked to, has been removed, a rumor only then?

426Buddy

Interesting casting if true, I would have to see it before passing judgment.

CainsSon

I don't know what I think of this. I hope he won't be COMIC RELIEF. I could see McBride actually being a decent actor if he were to take on a serious role, but would not like his comic style in an Alien film whatsoever.
Remember Paul Reiser was a comic as well. That worked in ALIENS.

Richman678

Richman678

IGN is now reporting it too.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/11/danny-mcbride-in-talks-to-join-alien-covenant

Ridley did say he was going for a hard R rating. I hope McBride swears like a sailor through out all of it.

T Dog

T Dog

I LOVE Danny McBride. Funniest man alive as far as I'm concerned and an amazing screen presence.
I could see him bringing some serious old school hard headedness similar to Parker, in that he is a argumentative but an ally.

Astronoë

If true, he's the new Hudson?

MrSpaceJockey

I think he has potential here.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the news, Gazz. I've corrected your link as it was correct.

So I'm seeing some panic about this over on other communities and feel the need to point out that Jim Cameron has made use of comedic actors for very serious roles. There's a quote from Joss Whedon (which I can't recall at the minute or find because I heard it on the Serenity commentary track) about comedic actors making the best dramatic actors.

He's not who I'd have ever figured for the film but we'll see.

Primordial

I don't know so many actors as you people but Bryan Cranston comes to my mind, although it was for a series and not a movie.

Corporal Hicks

T Dog

T Dog

Danny McBride can also play very very dark as well, don't forget that!

Whiskeybrewer

The role could do for him what Aliens did for Bill Paxton and The Truman Show did for Jim Carrey

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Time to put some Tiger Balm on this Alien's nuts!

Love Danny McBride.  He was perfectly evil in This Is The End...

If this turns out to be the Tropic Thunder in outer space, I'm in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed