20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2018, 05:55:56 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Tongal Announce Alien Short Film Contest! (Read 77,337 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 19, 2019, 02:12:28 PM
Spill some beans Corporal, we got knives, sharp sticks... ;D

Don't forget the nukes, man.

Necronomicon II

We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers too.

Corporal Hicks

I know some things. This is something I don't know unfortunately. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to these.

Necronomicon II

irn

Probably be on Alien Day or in May/September for the 40th anniversary of Alien.

Necronomicon II

Hopefully it inspires Fox/Disney with what can be done with limited budgeting.

Huggs

If they bring Alien back to theaters for a limited run, they might play these before showings. Different ones each time to get people to come back. Or they may just play them before other fox movies.

Do we know if there were any content restrictions? If so, they could be viewable by teen audiences, thus attached to more films.

Regardless, we'll need to see em' first. They could be terrific or horrific. Cheesy characters might choke to death on a Tylenol during a dutch angle.

Necronomicon II

I just want to see a practical classic big chap suit God damn it.

1979Ash

Where is Alien Day celebrated? Any fun gatherings for the 40th?!

Practical suits are awesome, but the budgets are super small. Bet no one could get or build a proper suit.

Will like seeing what everyone comes up with though!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 20, 2019, 04:42:29 AM
If they bring Alien back to theaters for a limited run, they might play these before showings. Different ones each time to get people to come back. Or they may just play them before other fox movies.

I'd been hoping for something like this - a theatrical showing before re-releases of Alien and/or Aliens. But with the 4K re-release in March, I don't think we'll be seeing another showing for Alien Day. Hopefully I'm wrong and we do get a theatrical showing of the shorts. That'd be pretty sweet.

Necronomicon II

Maybe we could get a practical arm or leg.  :D

Huggs

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 21, 2019, 10:49:38 AM
Maybe we could get a practical arm or leg.  :D

Arms and legs are useful, but I think tentacles are much more practical.  ;D

Local Trouble

I wonder what 3D printers will do for practical effects in the future as they become more prevalent and inexpensive.  Imagine the quality and quantity that a prop maker could churn out using nothing but CAD and a 3D printer that used to take hundreds of man-hours to do by hand.

The Old One

The Old One

3-D Printing: Alien Covenant.

https://youtu.be/i_kr8mAM5Dg?t=288

Local Trouble

That's what I mean.  As it gets even more common, the price should drop and it should make production cheaper and more accessible for low-budget movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed