Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray?

Started by BonesawT101, May 22, 2017, 06:38:13 PM

Author
Will we get an extended cut on Blu Ray? (Read 29,213 times)

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2017, 06:08:41 PM
20 minutes is a pretty significant chunk of deleted footage. Sounds much more than what we know got trimmed from the various test screenings.
PROMETHEUS lost about 30-40 minutes?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Elmazalman on May 27, 2017, 10:22:29 PM
PROMETHEUS lost about 30-40 minutes?

I don't think it did. Wasn't it more like 10 minutes? At least included on the Blu-ray.

BonesawT101

First cut was two hours 23 mins approx? Thats a significant amount of material. I look forward to seeing it. The film feels like it zips by so quickly. An extra 20 mins or so could really add to the film. I seriously hope we get an extended cut. There is a big demand for it among fans. And it would make sense for Fox to make a bit of extra money off of the film by releasing an extended edition on Blu Ray etc.

MrRipley

MrRipley

As long as we get at least Rosenthal's original death and the glass smasing Alien through the shower at Upworth I am happy.

CainsSon

Quote from: BonesawT101 on May 28, 2017, 03:12:32 PM
First cut was two hours 23 mins approx? Thats a significant amount of material. I look forward to seeing it. The film feels like it zips by so quickly. An extra 20 mins or so could really add to the film. I seriously hope we get an extended cut. There is a big demand for it among fans. And it would make sense for Fox to make a bit of extra money off of the film by releasing an extended edition on Blu Ray etc.

The whole 2nd act in the Citadel, there are just basic story beats and character reactions that aren't there. They literally walk in say 2 min of dialogue and David is like "Hey settle in."
There are just basic reactions and discussions about whats going on and their surroundings that would be happening. It FEELS like it was cut-out when I watch it.
One line where Daniels says "So much doesn't make sense here..." Isn't enough. They dont even react to their surroundings. To where they are settling and why.
They are sitting around a campfire and no one is having conversations? Its clear stuff has been edited out.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: CainsSon on May 28, 2017, 04:52:33 PM

The whole 2nd act in the Citadel, there are just basic story beats and character reactions that aren't there. They literally walk in say 2 min of dialogue and David is like "Hey settle in."
There are just basic reactions and discussions about whats going on and their surroundings that would be happening. It FEELS like it was cut-out when I watch it.
One line where Daniels says "So much doesn't make sense here..." Isn't enough. They dont even react to their surroundings. To where they are settling and why.
They are sitting around a campfire and no one is having conversations? Its clear stuff has been edited out.

That's what I didn't like
. It seems very rushed. It's like the crew didn't even realize that they were encountering a entirely new advanced Alien civilization of humanoids. Their should have been a whole 10 minute scene of the crew just in aww of the buildings & civilization that they just saw.

Almost as annoying as the crew landing without any breathing protection. Hell, ANTIFA & TRUMP SUPPORTERS wear more face protection than the Covenant crew did ::) It was an insult to us intelligent scifi fans. Always wear protection. Otherwise you might as well leave your gun on the mother ship cause your dead anyways.

I just wish Covenant was more about the Humanoid civilization than David. Now we are going to nee a whole new set of prequels & Comics, just to explain who the humanoids were & why they were at war with the engineers. Geeze Ridley. Is their nobody giving him advice in Hollywood?

D88M

both test audiences and test screenings are retarded, most of the time they end up hurting the movie, and make it a mutilated mess, we need the complete versions of the vision the artist has, also i hope is not like in Prometheus were it was really noticeable that footage was missing

0321recon

Quote from: D88M on May 28, 2017, 05:13:39 PM
both test audiences and test screenings are retarded, most of the time they end up hurting the movie, and make it a mutilated mess, we need the complete versions of the vision the artist has, also i hope is not like in Prometheus were it was really noticeable that footage was missing

Alien3 was a prime example of that, and from what I see Fox didn't learn their lesson.

Robopadna

They are incredibly helpful and useful if you know what to make of them. If you show an audience a mess though the feedback won't be coherent and focused because everyone won't like something.

Just look at this forum alone. Constant contradictions as to what did or didn't work. If this was the feedback what do you make of it other than you seem to have some pretty unffixable problems in your movie.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

And the test audience apparently didn't notice the missing blood from the ladies face during the back burster scene. (That literally just sprayed on her face, disappeared in the next scene & re-appeared in the next scene on a different part of her face lol)
^ That made me cringe in my seat :-[

MattFiler

I'd like to see an extended version if it showed more of the Engineers before David arrived.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

Quote from: MattFiler on May 28, 2017, 05:22:04 PM
I'd like to see an extended version if it showed more of the Engineers before David arrived.

But the problem is that they aren't the engineers. They appears to be the humanoids from the beginning of Prometheus.

I would have liked to know why they greeted the boneship & if they were at war with the engineers from Prometheus? So many questions that I doubt can be answered in the next film.

The only way I think these prequels can work is if David is secretly being remotely controlled by Weyland Yutani the whole time. The same way Google controls our android phones. At the end of the day, David is still just a Robot. & Weyland Yutani's moto is "crew expendable."

Evanus

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on May 28, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
Quote from: MattFiler on May 28, 2017, 05:22:04 PM

But the problem is that they aren't the engineers. They appears to be the humanoids from the beginning of Prometheus.

The engineers seem to be the ones flying the boneships. But that still doesn't explain if the engineers are the space jockys, because the space jocky is clearly different than the engineers. I've always thought that the engineers were robots, created by the space jocky.

That's a whole lot of questions to answer in the next prequel "Alien Awakening". I hope Ridley can do it. Otherwise we are just going to have to trely on Dark Horse comics & our imaginations.
Wut? They're all just engineers, man.

iain

Finally got around to seeing the movie today and it most def feels likes somethings missing. It feels a little hollow and skimmed over so i'm sure adding the deleted scenes would help beef it out a lot.

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

I^ I edited my earler post......... But they look different. Haven't you see the compairisons?

^ That is his body, NOT a space suit
I assume that the engineers are bio-robots created by the space Jockys, and the Humanoids are the ones David Killed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed