Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 63,277 times)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Would love to see SEGA and Gearbox pay up.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

#1
It got FOXED.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#2
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
It got FOXED.

Guess that it means it's over.

Well, hopefully SEGA loses the rights and Gearbox goes under.

Ash 937

Ash 937

#3
Usually Fox is the only company privileged with f'ing up their own franchise.  I'm still surprised that they didn't find a way go after GBX themselves. 

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#4
Quote from: Ash 937 on Apr 02, 2014, 08:19:04 PM
Usually Fox is the only company privileged with f'ing up their own franchise.  I'm still surprised that they didn't find a way go after GBX themselves.

Can't believe Gearbox got away with this BS.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

#5
What gearbox did is unscrupulous, but not illegal. Tech-demos are never concrete representations, but rather, what a developer aspires to produce. There are countless instances of similar cases, but this one was a very apparent discrepancy. This still doesn't mean that the consumer is entitled to anything, and frankly, I find entitled gamers to be some of the greatest sources of this industry's ills.

demonbane

demonbane

#6
Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 16, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
What gearbox did is unscrupulous, but not illegal. Tech-demos are never concrete representations, but rather, what a developer aspires to produce. There are countless instances of similar cases, but this one was a very apparent discrepancy. This still doesn't mean that the consumer is entitled to anything, and frankly, I find entitled gamers to be some of the greatest sources of this industry's ills.
Randy Pitchfraud said the demo was straight from the game. There have been countless arguments why this one sticks the most compared to similar cases in gaming industry.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

#7
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 02, 2014, 07:37:04 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
It got FOXED.

Guess that it means it's over.

Well, hopefully SEGA loses the rights and Gearbox goes under.
If it makes you feel any better, Alien: Isolation is looking to be the last Aliens-related game under Sega's contract before it expires, and I doubt Sega is looking to renew.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

#8
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2014, 06:27:37 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 02, 2014, 07:37:04 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
It got FOXED.

Guess that it means it's over.

Well, hopefully SEGA loses the rights and Gearbox goes under.
If it makes you feel any better, Alien: Isolation is looking to be the last Aliens-related game under Sega's contract before it expires, and I doubt Sega is looking to renew.

Id love to see Sony take a stab at it, personally.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#9
Quote from: demonbane on Apr 21, 2014, 04:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 16, 2014, 09:37:35 PM
What gearbox did is unscrupulous, but not illegal. Tech-demos are never concrete representations, but rather, what a developer aspires to produce. There are countless instances of similar cases, but this one was a very apparent discrepancy. This still doesn't mean that the consumer is entitled to anything, and frankly, I find entitled gamers to be some of the greatest sources of this industry's ills.
Randy Pitchfraud said the demo was straight from the game. There have been countless arguments why this one sticks the most compared to similar cases in gaming industry.

Correct, he said "in-game" and "act two of the game". f**k him.


Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2014, 06:27:37 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 02, 2014, 07:37:04 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
It got FOXED.

Guess that it means it's over.

Well, hopefully SEGA loses the rights and Gearbox goes under.
If it makes you feel any better, Alien: Isolation is looking to be the last Aliens-related game under Sega's contract before it expires, and I doubt Sega is looking to renew.

I can only dream that they won't re-up.


Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 22, 2014, 05:39:38 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2014, 06:27:37 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 02, 2014, 07:37:04 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 06:43:07 PM
It got FOXED.

Guess that it means it's over.

Well, hopefully SEGA loses the rights and Gearbox goes under.
If it makes you feel any better, Alien: Isolation is looking to be the last Aliens-related game under Sega's contract before it expires, and I doubt Sega is looking to renew.

Id love to see Sony take a stab at it, personally.

Anyone one with money and a decent rep would make this series elite. ANYONE.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

#10
I have a positive feeling about AI. If it goes well it could change the way developers view the franchise. I personally would love to play a game like isolation set on Hadley's hope. Playing as a sole colonist with no weapons and no training.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

#11
I still think ACM has potential.  Just make the Aliens lethal, hire a decent writer, and vary the worlds explored. 




Every engagement should feel like your just barely surviving by the skin of your teeth.  Kind of like AvP 99.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

#12
The idea of ACM you mean?

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#13
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 25, 2014, 01:51:54 PM
The idea of ACM you mean?

I think that's what he meant. I would advise if anyone wanted to do an ACM style game to not do a sequel. ACM was a disaster and I would rather see a new idea with Aliens vs Marines (no Preds).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

#14
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Apr 25, 2014, 04:04:27 PM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 25, 2014, 01:51:54 PM
The idea of ACM you mean?

I think that's what he meant. I would advise if anyone wanted to do an ACM style game to not do a sequel. ACM was a disaster and I would rather see a new idea with Aliens vs Marines (no Preds).

Yep.  I meant Aliens CM style game.  And no I wouldn't do a sequel either.  Let the idea sit for awhile and then reboot it a couple of years from now.   

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed