Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 432,601 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Huggs clearly I did , but maybe I didn't as it wasn't actually funny ? And openpaw I will use my native tongue, I'm from manchester where "pal" is how we talk pal. If your offended take it up with the Mancunian mayor and tell him you object to our local language!  ;D joking! ;)

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 03, 2018, 06:05:20 PM
Huggs clearly I did , but maybe I didn't as it wasn't actually funny ? And openpaw I will use my native tongue, I'm from manchester where "pal" is how we talk pal. If your offended take it up with the Mancunian mayor and tell him you object to our local language!  ;D joking! ;)

"Ohhh, that's what the idiot was trying to say."

ELDERCLANLEADER

Now now,  no need to throw your toys out the pram and start name calling .. clearly someone's intellect is on par with something I can't name here . If you was joking why not put a lol or a wink , as it was fairly obvious I was being sarcastic.. or did that fly over your head too ?  ;D

Xerxész

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 03, 2018, 03:03:19 PM
The pod looks like a mini version of the ship from the first movie.

Yeah..similar to that.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 03, 2018, 06:20:13 PM
Now now,  no need to throw your toys out the pram and start name calling .. clearly someone's intellect is on par with something I can't name here . If you was joking why not put a lol or a wink , as it was fairly obvious I was being sarcastic..

I made a response in jest. (Predators are drawn to heat. Munn is hot.)
You respond with a sarcastic eye roll.

I made another response, in jest. (A fairly known South Park reference. I admit I f**ked the delivery. It should have read "I'm not your pal, friend.")
You took it personally.

I post a video to try and make the reference more directly apparent. HINT: I was calling myself an idiot in a spirit of self deprication. That's why it was bracketed in quotes.

So, since every attempt I have made to be congenial, harmonious, and humorous with you has been met with a baffling response, I can only conclude that Manchester is another goddamn planet, and English is not actually our shared language.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 03, 2018, 06:20:13 PM
or did that fly over your head too ?  ;D

Let me try this in your native Manchesterian language.

You can jolly well f**k off. pal. lol  ;)

See, I included both a wink and an lol to make it apparent i'm joking this time.  ;)

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 03, 2018, 06:22:12 PM
Yeah..similar to that.

The pods on the wings and the general curve of the hull is very true to the scout ship design. The only problem I have with the stuff we have seen of the ships thus far is the complete absence of the P2 tribal look. Even the P1 Scout ship had some gold accents. 

It's all basically the smooth chrome/pounded metal look of AVP and AVP:R. One of the biggest "AVP:R" vibes I got in the teaser was the ship heading towards Earth's atmosphere. Eesh.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Openmaw .. the irony here is you think I'm actually being serious lol 😂 ... Of course I'm joking ! 🙃 and yes I'm a jolly well sarcastic d*ck ! But most of us English are , but jokes aside , all I was getting at was put a lol or a wink , when you are joking as it can be easily misread , especially when you misquote things by mistake ! which is why I used  ;D in all my come backs. I was just bantering with you my friend ! By the way , don't Americans speak American English anyway ?  ;D

skhellter

Genius advertising so far.

Crap behind the scenes stills and 1 badly edited teaser.

It's almost as if FOX doesnt even believe in their own product.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 03, 2018, 09:47:27 PM
By the way , don't Americans speak American English anyway ?  ;D

On a good day.

Sometimes they can't even manage incoherent gibberish.  :D

Then again, my job is over night, so most of the people I tend to run into are coked out of their mind and on their way to the nearest dumpster.

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 03, 2018, 09:51:05 PM
It's almost as if FOX doesnt even believe in their own product.

Would not be the first time. The only reason they got the mega hit in the first Deadpool is because Ryan Reynolds spent money out of pocket and pushed the advertisement as hard as he could.

ELDERCLANLEADER

@ openmaw you sure your not in manchester ? Lol 😂, and yeah I would of thought a new trailer would of been out by now , Fox imo are one of the worst studios going , in terms of marketing etc

Highland

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 03, 2018, 09:51:05 PMquote author=skhellter link=topic=55014.msg2292730#msg2292730 date=1528062665]

Yeah I'm not quite sure if that's bad choices or that generally the movie is that generic it just looks like that. We need more material really. The poster with the lightning is the only piece I thought looked nice.

The Old One

The Old One

However even that's just a riff on something we saw in Predator 2, although I did dig the poster.

But even Terminator Salvation had a great animated poster. I need something more real, as Watto would say.

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on Jun 04, 2018, 02:39:06 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Jun 03, 2018, 09:51:05 PMquote author=skhellter link=topic=55014.msg2292730#msg2292730 date=1528062665]

Yeah I'm not quite sure if that's bad choices or that generally the movie is that generic it just looks like that. We need more material really. The poster with the lightning is the only piece I thought looked nice.

Could be that FOX is treating it that way.  I'd hope that the franchise isn't that expendable to them :-\  But at least the extra pictures are good...

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 04, 2018, 03:18:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 04, 2018, 02:39:06 AM

Could be that FOX is treating it that way.  I'd hope that the franchise isn't that expendable to them :-\  But at least the extra pictures are good...

It's not in their interests to make the movie look crap, but this wouldn't be the first time we've sat here with a Predator film devoid of any material, in fact it's quite normal. I remember we had a crappy set picture of the Super Predators for the Predators film for months without anything else and it was the same for AVPR. At least we have a trailer.

AVP marketing was very good, lots of snippets here and there, posters, teasers, Anderson explaining the weapons and the back story, special effects snippets. The build up was better than the movie.

It doesn't cost a lot to build hype these days, a twitter account is all you need. Perhaps they will launch an attack closer to the films release though. I just question the approach showing a picture of a man holding a gun or a misty forrest then expecting anyone to give a shit that doesn't already know what they are looking at.

Huggs

Ah, advertising for Predator movies. Remember all those predator sights that were supposed to be pointing at Brody?

Highland

Highland

I remember Sil having a full on Barney with the Strause Brother when they showed a picture of the Alien on top of a car with screaming kids. Legendary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed