Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 433,607 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Doomofman on Mar 22, 2017, 10:26:35 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 22, 2017, 10:23:19 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on Mar 22, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 22, 2017, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: Doomofman on Mar 22, 2017, 09:48:10 AM
Quote from: overthere on Mar 22, 2017, 07:10:40 AM
I've asked Dekker what happens if someone cries and begs Predator for mercy. He replied:

QuoteGreat question. You've touched on a key element of the Predator mythology that we hope to explore. Namely: why do they do what they do? If they are hunters, why do they hunt? Is it for sport... or something else? And if so, what? See you February 9th.

https://www.facebook.com/DirectorFredDekker/posts/1009681479163170

My original reply to that contained concern that "some fans might find the change too controversial and out of their (or Predator's) comfort zone", but I've edited that out. Seemed too preachy of me.

That's an interesting response for sure. I don't think there's been anything in the leaked breakdowns that really hints at them exploring that side of Predators

Though the 'or something else?' bit has me a touch worried that he may be referring to the whole spinal fluid thing that was in the script breakdowns. Now that I think of it, was it ever shown in the movies what they do with the spinal columns they take from victims?

Wasn't it already touched upon in AVP when Alexa gave back Scar his gun??

Which part?

At the end when she gave Scar back his gun.. He didn't kill her and take it. He ended up being friends/ally with her right up till the end. At that point in the Pred franchise it had never been seen before where a human and Pred team up.

And it happened again in Predators when The pred chose not to kill Royce and instead helped him.

Yeah I know that's been in other movies but what I was getting at is that the leaked breakdown for this movie didn't really suggest they were exploring that side of things

It was probably added during script/story revisions.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI JUST SAW THE PREDATOR!!!!!!

!!!!! I JUST SAW THE REAL LIVE PREDATOR!!!!

Whelp, the press release was obviously wrong because I just saw them shooting with a guy in full pred' suit tonight.

I walked by just as they were filming. Saw the guy in full costume. It was cool.

My phone camera is too crappy. I'd need my good camera and it would be hard to get into position without security chasing me

https://twitter.com/Elnath1984/with_replies

The guy is not involved into production and not under NDA, somebody ask for a description please.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 22, 2017, 11:33:17 AM

Whelp, the press release was obviously wrong because I just saw them shooting with a guy in full pred' suit tonight.

I walked by just as they were filming. Saw the guy in full costume. It was cool.

My phone camera is too crappy. I'd need my good camera and it would be hard to get into position without security chasing me

The guy is not involved into production and not under NDA, somebody ask for a description please.
Aren't you on Twitter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Mar 22, 2017, 11:54:19 AM

Aren't you on Twitter?

I'll open the doors, you guys get the infos, that's the deal  ;)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 22, 2017, 11:59:09 AM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Mar 22, 2017, 11:54:19 AM

Aren't you on Twitter?

I'll open the doors, you guys get the infos, that's the deal  ;)
Haha right...deal...I asked him for ya [emoji6]

Predator_Spirit

You're scared to ask the guy yourself ?  ???

Johnny Handsome

No, but my twitter account is ancient and i don't know my access anymore. Besides that, if i waste my time for the community, i expect something back, simple as that.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 22, 2017, 12:08:46 PM
No, but my twitter account is ancient and i don't know my access anymore. Besides that, if i waste my time for the community, i expect something back, simple as that.
Well I was just gonna ask you what your Twitter handle is

goose_3387

It's 2017. Pics and/OR detailed description or it didn't happen.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: greygoose on Mar 22, 2017, 01:19:19 PM

Normally i would agree, but there are multiple independent sources stating they saw guys in Predator costumes on the set, and coincidentally all on the 20th.
It also adds up, ADI was in L.A. the last couple of weeks, even giving studio-tours, but you don't hear much now. After filming a lot of character stuff, they just now started filming the creatures.

Cereal Killer

I've asked him. So we'll see what he says.

Corporal Hicks

I also asked him. I did see another tweet about someone seeing the Predator on the 20th as well but never got a reply about the shooting location.

goose_3387

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 22, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

Normally i would agree, but there are multiple independent sources stating they saw guys in Predator costumes on the set, and coincidentally all on the 20th.
It also adds up, ADI was in L.A. the last couple of weeks, even giving studio-tours, but you don't hear much now. After filming a lot of character stuff, they just now started filming the creatures.

Shouldn't be too long before we see some crappy low-res pics.

Predator_Spirit

So you don't believe the spoilers leaked when multiple independent sources said so, but you believe these random twitter guys  ???

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 22, 2017, 01:51:33 PM

So you don't believe the spoilers leaked when multiple independent sources said so, but you believe these random twitter guys  ???
First of all, i didn't read all the supposed spoilers, just some by accident and thankfully not all, so i can't really form an opinion, i want to judge when the movie's out.

Second, a leaked script, that is by now confirmed by the writer to be fake, is something different than local people on twitter saying they saw some guys in suits on set, which by this point in production, is absolutely possible.

What should we do, not post it? This is not the "facts" thread, it's the social media thread about people posting about this movie, everything at this point could end up being bullshit... or not, that's why we have nice people on this forum asking for some more infos, we can then decide if we believe this source to be credible or not.

But being the good old optimist that you are...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed