Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 433,446 times)

Daz1999

Quote from: greygoose on Nov 05, 2016, 08:26:21 AM
Still hoping for city setting. Predator 2 was a great sequel. We need something that takes what P2 did and take it to the next level.

Agree, so much scope in a city setting, I think setting it in a jungle (seen it twice) and say the desert really limits what you can do

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 06, 2016, 05:05:47 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 25, 2016, 02:19:42 PM
Will give it until next week, Johnny.
I guess you heard nothing back from him?

Nope. I've messaged him now.

He replied -
Quotegoing in for a 2nd one I think next month or January

Johnny Handsome

The Predator could be filming in Cypress Falls Park in Vancouver, just potentially, so take it with a grain of salt (and pepper).

The place looks pretty cool and moody:

Corporal Hicks

Where'd that one come from?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 17, 2016, 11:57:23 AM
The Predator could be filming in Cypress Falls Park in Vancouver, just potentially, so take it with a grain of salt (and pepper).

The place looks pretty cool and moody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCknDObrPA

Interesting... so it could perhaps take place in a temperate rain-forest as opposed to a tropical rain-forest this time around? Might even end-up looking somewhat similar to Alien: Covenant if true.

Anyone know where the forest scenes for AVP:R were shot?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2016, 12:04:28 PM
Where'd that one come from?
Just speculation, saw a post from someone working on the movie on FB, could be for something else entirely though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 17, 2016, 04:15:20 PM
Anyone know where the forest scenes for AVP:R were shot?

I've been looking but I can't find a specific location for the forest shots. Just the town stuff. It might be buried away somewhere in the archives. I had a look through the news archive but didn't see anything.

Johnny Handsome

Shane Black gets in touch with the fans:

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/800789958462042112

It's his real account, he posted his twitter link on reddit back im May when he was doing promo for The Nice Guys.

Maybe AvPGalaxy can throw it's hat into the ring as well.

Corporal Hicks

I'd messaged him last night too. Nothing back to anyone yet though.  :'( He's a busy guy though. lol

Pvt. Himmel

Will someone as if to what capacity is Dutch involved, and will we see an opening shot of the pred ship depositing Pred on earth??

Johnny Handsome

He won't answer questions like that, at the moment, he can't even talk about if arnold is involved at all, let alone in what capacity.

Maybe, just maybe, he will talk about some of the casting choices so far, but i don't think he will talk about visuals/designs/story of the movie at all.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Predator 4 director Shane Black has opened up communication with fans on his personal Twitter feed and one fan asked the director how he and Fox were approaching The Predator's visual effects. Obviously, most fans will agree the preservation of Stan Winston's original design and the use of practical effects are a very important part of this franchise.

Black responded by comparing the approach for visual and practical effects on The Predator with those of the original Jurassic Park - referring to the pairing as seamless:

Chris P

Quote from: Himmelblau on Nov 25, 2016, 01:27:41 AM
Predator 4 director Shane Black has opened up communication with fans on his personal Twitter feed and one fan asked the director how he and Fox were approaching The Predator's visual effects. Obviously, most fans will agree the preservation of Stan Winston's original design and the use of practical effects are a very important part of this franchise.

Black responded by comparing the approach for visual and practical effects on The Predator with those of the original Jurassic Park - referring to the pairing as seamless:

Here's the source for that quote: http://www.predator4-movie.com/news/shane-black-compares-practical-effects-approach-the-predator-jurassic-park  ;) Thanks for sharing!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Here's the actual source: https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/801871757401473024

Cool little tidbit, thanks for sharing fellas. Not unexpected but just as reassuring.  :) Predator_Spirit can stop worrying.  :P

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 25, 2016, 08:17:58 AM
Here's the actual source: https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/801871757401473024

Cool little tidbit, thanks for sharing fellas. Not unexpressed but just as reassuring.  :) Predator_Spirit can stop worrying.  :P

Pratical suit is essential, but with the right face.And that he didn't confirm yet, wich I understand , it's too early.
The last thing I want is to be disappointed by Shane Black, but I prefer to remain cautious untill the last moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed