Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 436,191 times)

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 10:14:59 PM
There isn't a "right actor" for a Predator film. But I can't think of choices more erroneous than the likes that others have suggest ad infinitum: Karl Urban, Gerard Butler, Dolph Lundgren, Michael Biehn, et al. Any has-been(Biehn), non box office draw(all of the aforementioned), one hit wonder, or C-grade action star should be nowhere near Predator. They'd dilute the quality and would actually need the movie, and would be begging to even serve coffee on the set.
Predator was full of C-grades and no-names.

overthere

Quote from: SiL on Oct 17, 2016, 11:19:00 PM
Predator was full of C-grades and no-names.

Hell, Predator was full of non-actors.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Predator was the first movie and was a small, lean movie very akin to The Terminator. A director with one low-budget film under his belt, new writers, the guy from The Terminator, Conan and Commando, and that dude from the Rocky movies. That's all it was armed with. But this modest movie managed to make a profit. Quite a bit more than The Terminator, actually, only a mere two years later.

But you've gotta move on. You've gotta get bigger. You can't stagnant. Especially when you get someone like Shane Black(who just got done working with CROWE and GOSLING). The Nice Guys underperformed but the cachet the billion dollar movie Iron Man 3 afforded him is good enough to buoy him for one more swing of the bat, in my belief. Predator is a known quantity too, anyway. Good enough for, seemingly, at least $130mm at the box office. "Now imagine if it was actually good and an event movie!" posits Black and Dekker.

"Event movie". "Event movie". "Event movie." "We're gonna get a great cast." "Cooper, Bale, Affleck, Hardy, Franco, Ruffalo and Del Toro were offered the role."

Oh, okay. That's the kind of leading man we're going for? Well don't start filming until you manage to convince one of those guys or a guy of that caliber to star. Wait for a schedule opening, jack up their asking price, or persist.

Really stick the final puzzle piece in this puzzle by casting that A-lister. If an event movie is the goal then cast someone in accordance with that goal.

overthere

I'm not sure how to feel about all this. I want a new Predator movie so bad I'll take anything, and this sounds promising, but I'm sad none of the big names accepted...

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Oct 17, 2016, 11:36:40 PM
Predator was the first movie and was a small, lean movie very akin to The Terminator. A director with one low-budget film under his belt, new writers, the guy from The Terminator, Conan and Commando, and that dude from the Rocky movies. That's all it was armed with. But this modest movie managed to make a profit. Quite a bit more than The Terminator, actually, only a mere two years later.
Predator wasn't a terribly modest movie. Arnie was a big name by '87 and it was a full studio production. It even had around the same budget as Aliens.

QuotePredator is a known quantity too, anyway. Good enough for, seemingly, at least $130mm at the box office. "Now imagine if it was actually good and an event movie!" posits Black and Dekker.
$130million is nothing compared to what modern studio movies are pulling. Every film since Predator that featured the Predator has had lukewarm to utterly disastrous response. It's a known quantity alright -- and not a positive one.

overthere

Though the movies haven't been too successful, everyone knows and loves the franchise.

SM

If "everyone loves the franchise" why aren't the movies more successful?

SiL

Everyone loves the Predator. The movies, not so much.

BishopShouldGo

Basically, SiL, give me an A lister because it's what the filmmakers clearly want. And it's what I want.

SiL

I just want good actors.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: SiL on Oct 18, 2016, 01:17:35 AM
I just want good actors.

Pretty much this... and a good story.

I think this whole "A-list" stuff is overrated. There's actors who aren't well known but are very talented. Like SiL, I'll just be happy with someone who knows how to act. I don't care how big their name is.

These big actors also started small like every other actor. So just write a good script and get someone who knows their stuff and bingo, we're set for filming. 'Predator' is quite a well known brand, it may not be huge, but it's known which will get asses onto seats. And if the story is good with talented people behind it, then word of mouth will do wonders and may even elevate careers.

Xan21

Good news... hope we get casting news soon

Predator_Spirit

Bad news...This means we'll have to endure Holbrook as the lead.

overthere

I'd like to see Ben Kingsley in this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed