Site / Forum Updates - New Theme 28/08/15

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2009, 06:40:12 PM

Author
Site / Forum Updates - New Theme 28/08/15 (Read 68,570 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Aug 30, 2015, 11:17:33 AM
This new format on mobile is horrible ;-; I'm never on my PC so it's frustrating. Apparently I can't quote people anymore o.O

What don't you like about the mobile look? It's far better than most I've seen.

hfeldhaus

It's possibly the worst mobile site I've ever been on. It's far too zoomed in, pictures are too big for the screen so I can only see half of the picture. The topics are much harder to find and no longer let you know who and when last posted in them. It's almost unusable for me as I only use mobile these days. Is there anyway I can change it back to what it was?

Corporal Hicks

Are you talking specifically the forum? Not the main site? 

hfeldhaus

Yes the forum. The main site works fine and is a big improvement but I'm really struggling with the forum. If  I hadn't clicked on this topic again I wouldn't have known you replied!

HuDaFuK

Liking it! One thing though - the new "FORUM" button on the main page (beneath the news scroller, alongside the ones for each of the new films) links to an interviews archive, not the actual forums!

hfeldhaus

I feel dumb. I've just realised that I can hold my phone side ways to flip the screen and I can see everything again. Shame we can't zoom out to see it anymore though. Quoting system is a big improvement. Good job with that guys.

Darkness

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 01, 2015, 03:20:07 PM
I feel dumb. I've just realised that I can hold my phone side ways to flip the screen and I can see everything again. Shame we can't zoom out to see it anymore though. Quoting system is a big improvement. Good job with that guys.

That isn't the intention.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 01, 2015, 09:28:26 AM
It's possibly the worst mobile site I've ever been on. It's far too zoomed in, pictures are too big for the screen so I can only see half of the picture. The topics are much harder to find and no longer let you know who and when last posted in them. It's almost unusable for me as I only use mobile these days. Is there anyway I can change it back to what it was?

Again, it's supposed to be locked to your viewport so that you can't scroll around. It's not zoomed in - it's a responsive layout. I'll try adding bits of more information and making the fonts smaller. Pictures I can easily fix.

I've had a look around and the forums that are mobile friendly are very similar to this one here. You can't have every bit of information that is on the desktop theme in a mobile theme too. Otherwise it becomes a mess. I didn't think the last post stuff is needed. You still can see which threads have new posts on them with the "New" icon.

But by popular demand, I've added a "Desktop Theme" button at the bottom of the mobile theme which forces the desktop theme onto your mobile. It's only cookie based so if you ever delete your cookies, you'll revert back to the mobile theme.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 01, 2015, 09:28:26 AM

This.

Darkness thanks for the responses. Yeah I was gonna suggest a "Desktop mode" toggle button because to me it's more efficient. Maybe it's just personal preference but I really do feel like I see more like this. Thanks for the option!

whiterabbit

So is there any reason the quote,modify and delete buttons no longer work.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 04, 2015, 07:42:40 AM

Is this mobile?

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2015, 07:43:55 AM

Is this mobile?
No. Using my laptop.

Heh the quote now works but the other two don't.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 04, 2015, 11:53:54 AM

Is this mobile?
No. Using my laptop.

What browser? And have you tried in a different browser?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 04, 2015, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 04, 2015, 11:53:54 AM

Is this mobile?
No. Using my laptop.

What browser? And have you tried in a different browser?
Firefox but it doesn't work in chrome either. Been a a couple of days now.

Doesn't work in IE either.

When trying to delete the post I get the pop up dialog box but clicking ok does nothing. Clicking the modify button does nothing at all.

Darkness

Fixed that now.

whiterabbit

Hey now that's some fast tech support. Good work. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed