Actors playing the Predators

Started by Johnny Handsome, Feb 09, 2017, 01:50:26 PM

Author
Actors playing the Predators (Read 32,457 times)

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Wysps on May 08, 2018, 06:20:40 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on May 07, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on May 07, 2018, 06:53:11 PM
Any tall guy can just put on that Predator suit and mask, but the question is, Can they move and mimic Kevin Peter Hall? first AVP predators sure as hell didnt, I hated that movie because of that. Felt like I was watching Robocop in a Predator suit. Stiffnes to the max

Spot on. 

Would love to rank other Pred Actors after KPH.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.  I truly believe that once Hall died, the Pred died with him. 

I think that is part of the problem with these Pred movies, these actors don't seem to care much about moving like a alien-creature, reacting like an alien-creature, in a different atmosphere, planet etc. 

It literally looks like dude's in costumes, not very convincing.  It's part of the whole "humanize" the Pred bit that Fox has gone thru. 

"Well since we can't find a tall guy to give a crap about making this thing move/act like a creature from another planet then we'll just make them friends with the human characters and they can work together...."

Watch KPH Act the Waterfall scene in Pred and the Slaughterhouse scene in Pred 2 (peak moments of an already peak performance).
There  has been nothing acted since even close.

Have any of these tall-buff actors after KPH spoken with any reverence or study of KPH?  Or do they just act like typical gym dudes and get paid? cuz....seems like it.

Whyte's performance in AVPR was up there for me in terms of keeping the "alien" aspect of the Pred alive.  But other than the first two movies and AVPR, yeah I agree the others have kind of failed to capture how alien the Preds are supposed to be.  I definitely feel the "humans in suits" vibe.  I think making them taller and bigger each movie could also make it more difficult for the actors to "act" in the suits when they're probably focusing on keeping themselves upright.  I can't imagine walking on those stilts  :o

I agree with you about Whyte's performance in AVPR. I dont know but I felt some good ol vibes from that crucified Predator in (Predators) Shame we didnt get to see him in more action.

skull-splitter

Performance is key. And to be fair, if they chose to do it performance capture, I'd be fine with it too, as long as it sold the character.

I fear more generic predators, as they already where in Predators.

The Crucified predator was OK at best, Derek Mears performs powerful but really not subtle enough to lift it to higher planes.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on May 08, 2018, 05:59:25 PM
Having a hunch...that Stilt guy "Daniel" will play captured

But wouldn't he be way too tall then ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on May 08, 2018, 08:20:05 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 08, 2018, 08:14:17 PM

Not really sure.  Very important to find out who rips who in half

Mmm it's pretty clear in the script at least...

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 08, 2018, 08:14:17 PM

That's what I'm thinking.  If stilt guy is the captured pred.... that would make the super pred just gargantuan.  Laughably so ;D
I'd hope that's not the case.

ThePredatorUK

ThePredatorUK

This Daniel actor plays a character (on stilts) in Legends of Tomorrow. How sure are we these pics are from The Predator 🤔

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on May 09, 2018, 12:03:17 AM
This Daniel actor plays a character (on stilts) in Legends of Tomorrow. How sure are we these pics are from The Predator 🤔

Yeah, Mr_H messaged me about this yesterday. Cudmore is actually cast as Colossus in the new X-Men. It's probably for that.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/original-colossus-actor-returning-for-x-men-dark-phoenixbut-as-who

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 08, 2018, 07:29:21 AM
Quote from: Original Predator on May 07, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
Would love to rank other Pred Actors after KPH.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.  I truly believe that once Hall died, the Pred died with him. 

I'd disagree with that. There's no denying KPH is the original but Ian Whyte did a great job in AvPR.

I'd absolutely agree with this. Wolf had a very lean physique which, unlike the bulkier AvP suits, I thought lended very well to those stealthy, otherworldly, predatory movements.

Danversity

Danversity

I don't think we're gonna get "generic Predators" at all in this. Black had the whole crew looking back at the original film first and foremost for reference, and obviously that includes the original Predator, and there's this bit of the JoBlo/Collider interviews were he says something that really peaked my interest; he says that he chose to go with misfits for his characters and tried to find thematic elements that worked with that for the movie, and that maybe there's a sense that the Predator himself is an "outcast". I think Black is approaching the Predator in this film as a character, with an arc, rather than just a monster. I doubt anyone's ever topping Kevin Peter Hall, after all he CREATED the Predator body language, but I don't see this movie going with generic Predator performances.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Danversity on May 14, 2018, 03:19:52 AM
I think Black is approaching the Predator in this film as a character, with an arc,

Well, an ark, anyway.

BA-DM-TSH!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 14, 2018, 05:52:00 AM
Quote from: Danversity on May 14, 2018, 03:19:52 AM
I think Black is approaching the Predator in this film as a character, with an arc,

Well, an ark, anyway.

BA-DM-TSH!

Smooth  8)

Lionhart

Lionhart

I don't care who is gonna play the predator as long as they act like an alien and not like robocop à la AVP

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Lionhart on May 19, 2018, 08:42:34 AM
I don't care who is gonna play the predator as long as they act like an alien and not like robocop à la AVP

To be fair to those actors, the AVP suits were a bulky pain in the ass. You can just tell they're having problems.

Paul Anderson basically had to lean on editing to make those scenes work at all. Which yeah to an extent that's par for the course with the entirety of the series, but it was to an extreme. In the first Predator you could hold on Jungle Hunter for a long time relatively speaking and it wouldn't give it away. The suit was good, and KPH was doing good work inside of it.

Actual Hybrid

Actual Hybrid

I'll be a little disappointed if Kyle & BP do double duty and play all the Preds.  Hoping for an additional layer of complexity

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Jun 07, 2018, 08:25:45 PM
I'll be a little disappointed if Kyle & BP do double duty and play all the Preds.  Hoping for an additional layer of complexity

As of right now it looks like it, no other names to be found for others preds yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed