DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 81,226 times)

Russ840

No probs. It's a pain getting across intent and meaning sometimes on forums.

Are you not a fan of Labyrinth?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 18, 2017, 10:32:53 PM
Something else I just noticed- the acid from Aliens stump causes the oxygen explosion, but the next page it's got two arms as it floats away.

I completely missed that it regenerated.  :laugh: I absolutely loved that it lost it's arm in the explosion.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 18, 2017, 11:27:35 PM
Ridley Scott thinks otherwise...

Maybe Stoakes had been listening to the Covenant commentary...  :P

Russ840

It's an awesome shot as the Alien emerges from the smoke, missing the arm. Loved it. Wassy did well.

SM

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 19, 2017, 08:20:36 AM
No probs. It's a pain getting across intent and meaning sometimes on forums.

Are you not a fan of Labyrinth?

I am - the issue in the hive is possibly the best single issue of any Aliens comic, the art is Beauvais-level good, and the writing is generally pretty good.  But it falls away towards the end when it's revealed Church is just another nut.  On more recent readings I can't help but think it was a great opportunity to turn convention on its head.

And Crespi suffers from 'believing the last thing he was told'itis.

Russ840

Russ840

I had this idea that Scott should adapt Labyrinth into a covenant sequel. The covenant could replace the station for the comic and David could be Church. His flash backs could be to his time between Prometheus and covenant. He could be experimenting with the colonists and what not. Some he has awoken could be the parallels to Crespi and the female character. That sort of thing.

I love all of Labyrinth but I do agree that Church didn't have to be so looney at the end. I would have played the story out the same way but had church be a lot more level headed and make him almost justified.

Whiskeybrewer

I like that idea of Covenant 2 being a semi adapt of Labyrinth

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2017, 10:43:48 AMI am - the issue in the hive is possibly the best single issue of any Aliens comic, the art is Beauvais-level good, and the writing is generally pretty good.  But it falls away towards the end when it's revealed Church is just another nut.  On more recent readings I can't help but think it was a great opportunity to turn convention on its head.

And Crespi suffers from 'believing the last thing he was told'itis.

Yeah, people rave about that one, but if you take out the absolutely stellar flashback, I honestly think the rest is pretty mediocre, which is a big shame.

Russ840

I can't agree there. I love all of Church's findings that he reveals to Crespi. I love the grim ending. I love the art but for me art is such an important element. Good art elevates a comic massively for me. Added to that a well written piece, Then I am a happy puppy. 

The flashback is truly awesome.

SM

The major downfall when I originally read it was what the hell was Church doing with the bodies?  It was just too vague.

Russ840

That never really bothered me.

To be honest, I'd quite like a follow up. 

Whiskeybrewer

I always thought they intended a follow up, especially after the blink and you'll miss it Reference in the Colonial Marines comics

SM

There's always Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure.

But he's an even more one dimensional nut in that one.

Ultramorph

Doesn't the Innominata get name-dropped in an AVP one-shot?

SM

Yeah.  It was in Booty.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 20, 2017, 07:26:17 PMThere's always Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure.

But he's an even more one dimensional nut in that one.

Church is in that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed