Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People"

Started by Stolen, Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People" (Read 35,845 times)

Stolen

CineEurope: Fox Presents Exclusive Looks at 'Assassin's Creed,' 'Alien Covenant' and 'Kingsman 2'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cineeurope-fox-presents-looks-at-905108

QuoteElsewhere, there was an exclusive preview of Assassin's Creed, including a video message from Michael Fassbender who called director Justin Kurzel "Australia's greatest export," plus an exclusive trip to the sets of Alien: Covenant, due out in August 2017.

"I think this will scare the shit out of people," Ridley Scott said, via video, of the Prometheus sequel.

Here we go

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Stolen on Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM
CineEurope: Fox Presents Exclusive Looks at 'Assassin's Creed,' 'Alien Covenant' and 'Kingsman 2'

"I think this will scare the shit out of people," Ridley Scott said, via video, of the Prometheus sequel.

I hope that is his intention this time, I know he made similar comments in regards to Prometheus and it was obvious that film was never intended to be scary or frightening.

Stolen

Yes the same. But this time I really feel that we have a horror movie. Much easier with an Alien.

NickisSmart

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 21, 2016, 08:28:49 PM

I hope that is his intention this time, I know he made similar comments in regards to Prometheus and it was obvious that film was never intended to be scary or frightening.

I think there are moments. The surgery scene and Milburn's death scene are horror film tropes.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 21, 2016, 09:28:28 PM

I think there are moments. The surgery scene and Milburn's death scene are horror film tropes.

People applauded that scene when I attended the midnight premiere in Toronto.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Here you go:

https://youtu.be/BIahZSwHCKU?t=167 Deja-vu!  :laugh:

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 20, 2016, 09:53:09 PM
For a second,  I thought you were talking about the sky. :P

Now that you mention it... f*ck, that one must be about sixty miles high!

Immortan Jonesy

Fox Presents Exclusive Looks at 'Assassin's Creed,' 'Alien Covenant' and 'Kingsman 2'

QuoteThere was an exclusive preview of Assassin's Creed, including a video message from actor Michael Fassbender who called director Justin Kurzel "Australia's greatest export," plus an exclusive trip to the sets of Alien: Covenant, due out in August 2017.

"I think this will scare the shit out of people," Ridley Scott said, via video, of his Prometheus sequel, Alien: Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Shame THR don't go into more detail about the sets. I'll give Fox a shout to see if this video is planned to make it's way online.

I do like the sounds of being scared though. The nightmares the Aliens gave me were what fascinated me with the series and creatures and led to my interest. I'd like to see a return to that.

Split topic and merged with Crazy's.

Kronnang_Dunn

"Much worse"? What? Multiple Chest-bursting? Ass-bursting? Face-bursting? What? wHAT?! WHAAT?!  :o

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Jun 22, 2016, 06:31:27 AM
"Much worse"? What? Multiple Chest-bursting? Ass-bursting? Face-bursting? What? wHAT?! WHAAT?!  :o

That's shock. Horror is bumping into an Alien on your own, in a dark corridor. I'm sure there will be a few of those.

I think he wanted to show as much history as possible in Prometheus in order to have even more room to expand the Alien universe. I can't believe so many people hated that movie. Besides the 2-3 stupid parts it was great. Now we have an expanded universe to build on...going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Hope they start making a smart Aliens 5 movie soon too.

dave1978

He said the exact same words about Prometheus and look what we got there,  was about as scary as a Simpson haloween special.  This guys has definitely got a corn cob up his arse,   dont believe a word out of his mouth these days

xenoboners4everyone

xenoboners4everyone

I'm inclined to believe him a little more this time, given the promise of a hard R rating. Yes, he did say the same thing before Prometheus came out, but anecdotally speaking there were reports of faintings and/or heart attacks during the cesarean sequence and I had a female friend who said she was on the edge of her seat during some scenes, thus Ridley did succeed in some cases, even if they represented a minority.

We need long takes, dark corridors, slow pacing, creepy cues, atmosphere and intensity by the 3rd act, if Ridley hits those notes then it'll be scary.

and again people with the lame prometheus thing, it was an alien prequel until fox decided it wasnt anymore, what do you think happens when someone who is paying you decides to change everything?  even if the scary elements were toned down, and the direct alien references removed, that movie was simply awesome, on its own right, just because it ended up not being a full alien prequel everyone talks shit about it, but if this time indeed the movie indeed ends up being both a sequel to prometheus and a prequel to alien, it can possibly become a masterpiece, though on the other hand, james cameron's avatar was visually awesome and well acted and scripted but was overrated as hell, so given that the same people says prometheus was crap and avatar a masterpiece in movie history, yeah...even if the alien covenant is perfect, people will still score it as low as possible, just because they are a*****les

PsyKore

I'm not so concerned about being scared - it tends to be just something to say to generate hype. But if he can manage to recapture that menace and dark tone from the original Alien film, I'm more than happy. ;D When it comes down to it, I just would love to see a return to form for the Alien franchise.

Infected

Liveleak scares me sometimes, but i dont think Ridley will put a link in his movie to that site.

whiterabbit

Man, Ridley did flop on the horror bits in Prometheus. He thought the mere concept of a DNA mutagen super virus would terrify the average person. The dude thought wrong. So plan B, bring the big boy back and try to out do it. I mean that's what we want, isn't it. For him to f**king try and out do Alien! Staring, the actual mother f**king Alien with a Capital A!

The hype train is out of control and we haven't even got a trailer yet. Yea, yea, but Prometheus shemetheus, bah. Already way past that pro-log. Talk about exciting, albeit utterly pointless news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed