The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 70,268 times)

Scree

Scree

I clapped, I clapped! My favourite hack frauds and they are right about everything. Pity Rich Evans wasn't part of this one, too.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 19, 2018, 07:18:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhq450Fjl4

In a way i'm glad the movie was as bad as it was otherwise we wouldnt have Decker Shados going absolute ape-shit review and this cracker to enjoy also, when this guy breaks it down the way he does it really makes you face-palm.

The Old One

The Old One

If you enjoy that, more power to you.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I enjoyed the movie but let's face it: reshoots killed this film. The predator killer was so forced; why would fugitive need to put a wrist gauntlet in a man sized pod? Why didn't he just put the damn thing on his wrist? He'd be unstoppable if he used it but instead, he just lets it crash with the ship so he can look for it later. Some think the pod was originally meant for dutch, I'm starting to think it was.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Oct 11, 2018, 06:30:21 PM
why would fugitive need to put a wrist gauntlet in a man sized pod? Why didn't he just put the damn thing on his wrist? He'd be unstoppable if he used it but instead, he just lets it crash with the ship so he can look for it later.
Good point.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Oct 11, 2018, 06:30:21 PM
I enjoyed the movie but let's face it: reshoots killed this film. The predator killer was so forced; why would fugitive need to put a wrist gauntlet in a man sized pod? Why didn't he just put the damn thing on his wrist? He'd be unstoppable if he used it but instead, he just lets it crash with the ship so he can look for it later. Some think the pod was originally meant for dutch, I'm starting to think it was.
Would you really prefer Predators in human clothes palling around with them on the base?

SM

SM

I just watched this again to try and work out a date for it and everything after the 80 minute mark wasn't as bad as I remembered.  It's not brilliant by any stretch, but I can now see why Casey was able to catch up (as the ship was effectively flying in a circle).  Traeger was more of a cartoonishly dumb character than the first watch right up to his cartoonishly dumb death.  Nebraska's death I still can't work out - I know he had a death wish but I don't get why he seemed to be coughing up blood.

So, ending still pretty dopey.  Stuff about autism pretty dopey - but also barely discussed (Rory simultaneously being frightened of and liking dogs was - I dunno).  Fugitive Predator anticlimactic.  But I think the charisma and performances of the cast ultimately makes this  decent enough flick despite the problems.

SiL

SiL

Rory's characterisation is like having a paraplegic get up and walk during scenes where their disability would be inconvenient.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Not to mention the whole savant cliche, not all autistic people are brilliant at certain things, some are fairly average or even below in some cases. Its a spectrum and while there are similar qualities, autistic people can be as different from one another as any other person is to another.
I remember when first reading about this movie and it mentioned how this kid was able to use predator tech, that is when I started getting worried about what kind of film this was going to be.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on May 29, 2020, 10:29:59 AM
Nebraska's death I still can't work out - I know he had a death wish but I don't get why he seemed to be coughing up blood.

I thought it was somehow caused by height and lack of oxygen or something

SM

SM

They were barely above the treetops.  Maybe it's something to do with the shield - but I rewound it a few times and couldn't figure it out.

And another thing - why, when the Predator issued the challenge to MAC-KENNA, didn't they just drive away?

overthere

overthere

When this movie was in development, Shane kept saying he's "bringing the mystery back" and how a Predator movie needs to be scary. None of that is in the movie, so what the hell was he talking about?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: overthere on Jun 22, 2020, 08:23:33 AM
When this movie was in development, Shane kept saying he's "bringing the mystery back" and how a Predator movie needs to be scary. None of that is in the movie, so what the hell was he talking about?

It's called promoting your own movie

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 22, 2020, 12:08:15 PM
Quote from: overthere on Jun 22, 2020, 08:23:33 AM

It's called promoting your own movie

Its called lying

Kradan

Kradan

As you wish

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed