The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 118,252 times)

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 16, 2018, 03:54:23 AM
Quote from: bobcunk on Sep 15, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
I cant see anything being enemies for ever

I can.  ;D

In all seriousness, the violent nature of the Predators has always struck me as the crux of their entire culture. They are a civilization of hunters, all other forms of life are either prey or scenery. Any mercy was based upon a character doing them a solid favor, or going to great lengths to earn their respect. All that gets you is a pass though. It's not like you're best bros with their species for life.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe there are a lot others who feel the same way. But one of the main things that elevates the Alien and Predator franchises above the rest is that there is no room for negotiation. Whether it's pure instinct or absolute pleasure, these creatures are totally hell bent on slaughtering us. There is the hunt, the hive, and nothing else. We will remain at each others throats, even unto extinction.

^

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Oct 02, 2018, 08:38:34 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Sep 16, 2018, 03:54:23 AM
Quote from: bobcunk on Sep 15, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
I cant see anything being enemies for ever

I can.  ;D

In all seriousness, the violent nature of the Predators has always struck me as the crux of their entire culture. They are a civilization of hunters, all other forms of life are either prey or scenery. Any mercy was based upon a character doing them a solid favor, or going to great lengths to earn their respect. All that gets you is a pass though. It's not like you're best bros with their species for life.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe there are a lot others who feel the same way. But one of the main things that elevates the Alien and Predator franchises above the rest is that there is no room for negotiation. Whether it's pure instinct or absolute pleasure, these creatures are totally hell bent on slaughtering us. There is the hunt, the hive, and nothing else. We will remain at each others throats, even unto extinction.

^
I sent think that would be possible. Any intelligent being can be nagotiated with and can change. That would get boring, I would like to see an avp movie were the predators are working with the humans to fight aliens. Like a startrek Klingon relationship.

The Old One

The Old One

Bloody disgusting, no thank you.

Corporal Hicks

I don't mind some form of communication - I like the sign language thing from the comics - but I wouldn't want to see it in a Klingon-like relationship. The Yautja are already too Klingon-like IMHO.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed