Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 09, 2021, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Catch All (Read 91,882 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As has become tradition...a catch all thread for the smaller things to do with Fireteam that might not warrant their own thread.

I'll start with this short interview with Inverse.

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/aliens-fireteam-devs-cold-iron-interview

QuoteYou've likened Aliens Fire Team to James Cameron's approach to the franchise. Is there a particular scene that really got the ball rolling?

Highison: Near the beginning of Aliens when Apone is sitting there with all the Marines, getting them psyched up to go on their mission. As an Aliens fan, who wouldn't want to be there? Just imagine inhabiting the body of a colonial marine, with all the gear, all the weapons, getting ready to go on an awesome bug hunt. That's the fantasy that we're bringing to life here.

The name of the ship in Fire Team is Endeavor and the board room in your office has the same name. Could you tell me why you chose it?

Zinkievich: Endeavor means a lot to Cold Iron. The USS Endeavor is the ship the Marines in the game are stationed on in the outer rim. It was also the codename for the project for a really long time, so it's also the "endeavor" Cold Iron is doing. We ended up just thinking that that was a fantastic name for the ship, what the Marines are trying to do in the outer rim — to go out there and take on this huge challenge and overcome it. I'm also a Shackleton fan in a lot of ways, too.

Highison: It also looks really f**king cool on the side of a big battalion space cruiser, right?

How did you settle on three as the ideal team size for Fireteam? Were there other options that you considered?

Zinkievich: Three always felt like a really good size for the roles that we wanted, how we wanted players to work together. There was a lot of testing on either side of that, just to play around with it, to push it, to see what it felt like.

PraetorianX101

PraetorianX101

IGN just released a 53 minute video interview with the co-founders (Craig Zinkievich and Matt Highison) of Cold Iron that mostly just talks about Cold Iron's background and past experience in the industry. There's a few interesting tidbits in there about Fireteam like their process of coming up with new Alien types, and the USS Endeavour is mentioned to serve as a hub of sorts for the game as well. It's also pretty amusing that Craig praised Isolation. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1J0RMh4KSo&ab_channel=IGNGames

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

QuoteIt's also pretty amusing that Craig praised Isolation. :P

I especially enjoyed that bit.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aliens: Fireteam – All of Our Exclusive New Info So Far – IGN First

QuoteOur IGN First game for March – our "cover story", if you will – is Aliens: Fireteam, the upcoming third-person, three-player PvE survival co-op game from Cold Iron Studios. It's due out this Summer for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and Xbox One. We're showing off everything we've seen and played this month. Check below for everything we've posted so far, and keep checking back all month long!

Kailem

Kailem

New IGN video that's basically a much more condensed summary of their original gameplay one:

Still Collating...

Yeah, nothing new here at all, really disappointed with the coverage on this episode. And the guy annoyed me when he said Isolation overstayed it's welcome, describing the aliens in Fireteam as "annoying" and emphasizing how single aliens aren't a threat at all except when in groups and somehow being happy with that? I'm sure the game's challenge cards and higher difficulty will give me the hard masochistic experience I need, but the reviewer isn't presenting the game in the best way for fans of the franchise I think.

Hicks, you really need to snag some gameplay and interviews with the developers when March ends. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteBetween missions you can walk around on board the USS Endeavor, customize your character, and talk to NPCs.

This is interesting. So we do get the Endeavor as a HUB kind of world in the end.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 25, 2021, 06:24:08 PM
Hicks, you really need to snag some gameplay and interviews with the developers when March ends. :P

We'll see what we can sort.  ;)

Kailem

Kailem

Makes me wonder if it was indeed originally planned to be more of a Destiny-style game and they pivoted somewhere in development, since that's definitely the sort of thing that fits those sort of games more than something along the lines of Left 4 Dead. But either way I'm glad it's still in there, and with interactive npc's to boot!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nothing really new there. It still looks pretty awesome and will be a blast when played with friends. Although, I do cringe everytime I see that roll in third person.  I can visualize the late night roll spammers even now... :laugh:

The_Nostromo_Files

Spaceships?

Kailem

Kailem

We'll have a Sulaco-style ship as a home base, and the first campaign looks like it's the one set on an orbital refinery. So space station, at least.

Still Collating...

I expected something else on Tuesday or Wednesday that IGN will show as their last exclusive episode, but nothing came. The Hands on mini review was disappointing for a last episode with no new info or footage, entirely unnecessary. Too bad, but now I can't wait for other outlets that are slowly going to be getting more info in the coming months. I hope they give a demo like Predator Hunting Grounds did, I'd be thrilled to see that. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

New screenies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Another screenie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed