AXP Visit Hydraulx

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 06, 2008, 11:45:28 PM

Author
AXP Visit Hydraulx (Read 14,714 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AXP staff writer Jay West recently had chance to visit Hydraulx Studios, the home of the Brothers Strause. And by home, I mean the place they edited AvP Requiem among a plethora of other stuff:

“I still go on all of the fan sites now and talk with kids and listen to what they didn’t like on stuff. It’s kind of broken into a few categories: with the kids who f*ck’n hated it a year ago., and hate the sh*t out of it now — and then you get the guys that, you know, just didn’t want it on Earth… so they kinda don’t like it no matter what — It’s very much a love/hate thing. It’s either that they despise the movie or people give it a seven out of ten — or an eight and a half out of ten kind of thing… which is interesting — even today on IMDb (Internet Movie Database) — it opened in London today…”

Jay got the chance to do an article on his visit and a great interview with Colin Strause which is packed with goodness. Check it out.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Truer words were never more spoken!!! AVPR 7/10 Biggest love hate out of the franchises   8)  

dachande89

dachande89

Yea, I mean I did love it, but I have to admit, I could have been alot better. But still 8/10.   ;D  

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

yeah I agree, I give it a 8 1/2 out of 10 but still loved this movie.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Unfortunately I'm one of those who objected to the mundane setting. The first five minutes was great, with all its sci'fi grandeur, but the remainder of the film just struck me as wasted potential. I could have been much better if they'd simply thought of ways to keep the movie in the sci-fi-esque locales such as the hospital and powerplant, but when you get aliens jumping through people's bedroom windows and the swinging doors of a diner you've just gone too far beyond the pail.

Alien³

Alien³

8/10 for me haha   ;D  

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Wow. I haven't finished reading the interview, but so far it sounds like the Strause Bros. are pretty out of touch with the fans and quite ignorant on more things than I had suspected. lol

Zach Attack

Zach Attack

AvP-R was a great film because it explained alot more about the Predator homeworld and repruduction method.It was cool and i hope that the brothers Strause make a AvP3 in 2009 or 2010.

Lov@U

Lov@U

I love this website soooo much!!!! Great imfo guys.

Slugworth

Slugworth

The chances for AvP-3 are looking up!! I like that Colin seems determined to get the higher budget that the movie THEY want to make deserves.  AVP-3 in space... and they're interested in the role of the Space Jockey.  Good enough for me.

Firetnk

Firetnk

6.8/10   :'(   The movie needed better acting and charater development and not in modern day.   :)  

Newsfop

Newsfop

It was a situation where you had to accept the things as they were. The first one ended having just gotten off of Earth, and then the predalien pops out. You can't just ignore something as cool as that. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the cool thing in a blah place. I certainly wouldn't want to see a cataclysmic battle of the species slugged out in my home town. That stuff is for creepy foreign planets or spaceships. But since this movie was towing a heavy allegory of cleaning up a mess left behind, we have to deal. I still liked the movie. It was very entertaining, in my opinion. I'm sure it won't garner any awards of praise, but I left the theater feeling better for having seen it.

LOL

LOL

5/10  Even first one was better    >:(  

Sulaco

Sulaco

LOL:  Not really

freshbreath3

freshbreath3

AVP was worst than AVPR  AVP didn't have gore and violence  AVPR had gore and violence with crapping actors  I like AVPR because of the gore and violence  the bros. should get another chance to prove themselves good directors  They should make AVP3 in space   rated R  so it can have a good story line and gore and violence  it should be 2hrs 10 at least   this movie should be after ALIEN 3 but before ALIEN RESURRECTION.  budget: 100 million.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed