More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 69,987 times)

The Necronoir

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 15, 2021, 03:54:57 PM
https://djahalland.com/alien-5

a TON of new art over on Thooren's site.

Interesting. Reminds me of the old PS2/XBOX game Cold Fear. Still nothing that makes me sit up and say "Yes, I definitely want to see this film!" though...

skhellter

skhellter

...is Hicks holding a biomech gun?

neat.

It all gives the impression that Hicks/Ripley were
raiding a few top secret research "sites"

Nightmare Asylum

I belive so.

Also, the snakelike creature has a name now: Trematode.

bobby brown

Just imagine how cool it would be if Hicks, cornered by a creature, pulls out his own spine, and it's a gun!

And then he shoots it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 15, 2021, 04:39:26 PM
Just imagine how cool it would be if Hicks, cornered by a creature, pulls out his own spine, and it's a gun!

And then he shoots it.

I think you've just cracked the code and figured out how that Scorn game is going to work.

Lost_Hunter

Still not into to the Alien suite but woh this looks cool. The images are dripping with style and talent. I'm more of an Alien fan but I've wanted to see a return of the USCMC forever. This should have happened along with a true Prometheus sequel. Instead we got Covenant, way to go Fox.

BlueMarsalis79

What does "a true Prometheus sequel" even mean?

Lost_Hunter

That's a good question, the direction they were going before they changed course and shoe horned the Alien in there. This Blomkamp art reminds of the art of the canceled true Prometheus sequel. The artist was Kang Le among others I believe.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What direction's that exactly?

I have to say I will take Covenant over Prometheus, any day, and certainly over this Alien concept.

The Alien in Covenant felt tacked on yes, but the ideas around that felt more coherent, than whatever it is Prometheus attempted to say.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 15, 2021, 06:08:09 PM
What does "a true Prometheus sequel" even mean?
It means Shaw and David have tea with the engineers on their home planet, and the engineers explain their actions 2000 years ago and apologize, then send Shaw back to Earth to live happily ever after.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

Disagree with ya on that, Prometheus had some muddled ideas for sure but the scope and the build up was great. Covenant had too many tropes for me, especially with the crew and David. Killing Shaw off screen was a poor attempt at edge. They both look gorgeous  but as far as an Alien story, Prometheus checked off more boxes for me. Witch this artwork for the buried Blomkamp movie does as well.

These new pieces look Awesome!

[cancerblack]

Laziest organic gun ever. >:(

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jun 15, 2021, 07:07:27 PM
Disagree with ya on that, Prometheus had some muddled ideas for sure but the scope and the build up was great. Covenant had too many tropes for me, especially with the crew and David. Killing Shaw off screen was a poor attempt at edge. They both look gorgeous  but as far as an Alien story, Prometheus checked off more boxes for me. Witch this artwork for the buried Blomkamp movie does as well.

These new pieces look Awesome!

Covenant worked for me on the whole a lot more than Prometheus did. Prommy is gorgeous and packed with intriguing concepts, but by far the best gift it left us with is David, and in my opinion Covenant used David to much better effect. The Gothic Horror "tropes" of Covenant work in its favor, in my opinion. It's a totally unique flavor within the franchise (closest in tone, I guess, to Alien 3, but even that is a stretch). David, in his "Dire Necropolis," distills the themes and big ideas of creation and creators inherent to Prometheus into a much more captivating story and twists what we know (or think we know) about the franchise into something new and mutable. It really opened the floodgates to a whole new onslaught of fascinating concepts - concepts that, it seems, even Blomkamp's film would have dabbled with to some extent or another, given the "Trematode" creature.

Lost_Hunter

Those are all good points but I wanted to see David's fall into madness or why he would want to destroy humanity. Show don't tell.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Jun 15, 2021, 07:28:10 PM
Those are all good points but I wanted to see David's fall into madness or why he would want to destroy humanity. Show don't tell.

Prometheus and the Covenant prologue did show us why David hated humanity, though. He felt oppressed and held back by human limitations (and, upon meeting the Engineers, by their very humanlike limitations as well). He saw himself not as an equal to prior generations of creators, but rather as being better in every conceivable way, capable of creating with actual purpose, rather than creating simply for the sake of creating. Once his 'father' was out of the picture, he was free to go off and do just that without anyone holding him back, and he took advantage of that wiping out his genetic predecessors and using them as the raw biological material on which to begin his experiments.

"The tea, David."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed