Wheres Lex?

Started by War Wager, Mar 20, 2007, 10:39:10 AM

Author
Wheres Lex? (Read 15,285 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Well said ^

Saying that, Sanaa and Reiko are good actresses, it's just their characters are horribly written.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: War Wager on Dec 20, 2007, 05:01:30 PM
Well said ^

Saying that, Sanaa and Reiko are good actresses, it's just their characters are horribly written.

Judge Reiko when you've seen the film. No one has really commented on her.

Interfa

Interfa

QuoteBut theres a major plot hole, she could easily walk back to the ship and tell everyone what happened = people know about black, dick-headed serpents.
The equipment has frozen.  It it should to wait for the help. But , as i say before, she was without food. I think, predators killed all from the ship.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Aeus on Dec 20, 2007, 05:03:44 PM
Quote from: War Wager on Dec 20, 2007, 05:01:30 PM
Well said ^

Judge Reiko when you've seen the film. No one has really commented on her.

She's good in 24, she'll hopefully be good in this.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Not sure and don't know. I do know she's a terrible actor. I never took the character seriously as a badass.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Quote from: insaniac on Mar 20, 2007, 04:11:50 PM
Quote from: 07predalien27 on Mar 20, 2007, 10:39:10 AM
Does anyone know what will happen to Lex Woods (Sanna Lathan)?

die... and to stay far away from AVP2

hope the bitch is rotting in hell along with paul anderson

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm gald see is gone, she was the most annoying person in the hole AVP movie.

Sgt.Torque Reikan

Sgt.Torque Reikan

^

on top of that she didn't die >:(

gameoverman

gameoverman

I look at her in a different way now I read that 'xenosex' article.

QuoteThen the narratives of Alien and Predator came together in Alien vs. Predator (2004), and each franchise brought with it its own vision of Otherness: from Alien came the fusion of alien and woman, from Predator came the figure of the alien as a raced "Other" (just in case we did not read the Predator's head ornamentation as dreadlocks in Predator, Predator 2 poses the Predator against the dreadlock images of Jamaican gang members).

Alien vs. Predator's implicit premise, that the Predator species is the extraterrestrial origin for our pyramids and that humans had worshipped the Predators as gods, turns the concept of "human civilisation" — and of colonisation — on its head. They are the conquerors and we are their children.

Add to this narrative a black female protagonist, the accomplished mountaineer Alexa Woods. Her transformation from a sophisticated cautious woman to a wild-haired powerful fighter whose cheek, in the end, carries the mark of a Predator warrior clearly belies her move from purely human to similitude with the alien. To reward her victory and her assistance in the fight against the Alien species, and to signal her new identity, the Predators give her the retractable spear from one of their fallen comrades. She, the first ever black female protagonist of a science-fiction film, has become like the gods.

If this is what Anderson was going for - then I can kind of accept her.  At least it fits into some kind of narrative logic.  It makes her something else than just another Ripley clone (which we are getting in AVPR).

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 01:03:22 AM
I look at her in a different way now I read that 'xenosex' article.

QuoteThen the narratives of Alien and Predator came together in Alien vs. Predator (2004), and each franchise brought with it its own vision of Otherness: from Alien came the fusion of alien and woman, from Predator came the figure of the alien as a raced "Other" (just in case we did not read the Predator's head ornamentation as dreadlocks in Predator, Predator 2 poses the Predator against the dreadlock images of Jamaican gang members).

Alien vs. Predator's implicit premise, that the Predator species is the extraterrestrial origin for our pyramids and that humans had worshipped the Predators as gods, turns the concept of "human civilisation" — and of colonisation — on its head. They are the conquerors and we are their children.

Add to this narrative a black female protagonist, the accomplished mountaineer Alexa Woods. Her transformation from a sophisticated cautious woman to a wild-haired powerful fighter whose cheek, in the end, carries the mark of a Predator warrior clearly belies her move from purely human to similitude with the alien. To reward her victory and her assistance in the fight against the Alien species, and to signal her new identity, the Predators give her the retractable spear from one of their fallen comrades. She, the first ever black female protagonist of a science-fiction film, has become like the gods.

If this is what Anderson was going for - then I can kind of accept her.  At least it fits into some kind of narrative logic.  It makes her something else than just another Ripley clone (which we are getting in AVPR).

Yeah it makes her that one chick from the comics kinda thats much better... ::)

frenchpred

frenchpred

Lex... ::)

"Every fAWWNKing one of 'em"

Just don't throw her fcking name into true fans faces.

Dasani

Dasani

The penguins got her...

Spectre

Spectre

Quote from: Dasani on Dec 21, 2007, 01:24:45 AM
The penguins got her...

Yeah I mean didnt Anderson clearly show that...  :D ;D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Who gives a f**k?

This thread needs to die.

botmetro

botmetro

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 21, 2007, 01:35:54 AM
Who gives a f**k?

This thread needs to die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed