The Predator Set Reports

Started by ace3g, Apr 07, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Author
The Predator Set Reports (Read 47,370 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 01:07:07 PM
Quote from: Hemi on May 12, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Quote from: D88M on May 12, 2018, 02:13:14 AM
The fact that he is using the Shurikens instead of the Disc weapon tells me everything i need to know, as if IM3 was not enough proof that he has NO idea what is the essence of a character

Iron Man 3 was a great movie. And judging a movie because the baddy uses a certain weapon is lame.
unrelated to the comic book

That doesn't make it a bad movie IMO. I guess judgment on IM3 depends a lot on where you stand from, more of a comic lover or a cinema lover... I'm more of the latter, even though iron man is one of my 4 favourite comic book character ever  ;)

Anyway, can' wait to hear more about The Predator, more set visits reports and interviews, those we already got were really interesting.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

The first avp was just as awful as the second. Instead of going off the comic they took elements and made a hack of a movie with hack creature effects. It's the starting point of people inserting there own tasteless vision to the Predator character as well as the alien.  This movie looks as if will be no different

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Brokentusk sorry to break it to you , but that's only your opinion , if you don't like the direction it's going in fine , but there's no need to take it out on people who are willing to give it a chance before forming their own judgement. Seriously dude , you haven't even seen it yet , and your totally writing it off , the truth is none of us know if it will be a good film or not at this point.

Also if you really cared about predator , you would want this film to be successful even if you didn't like it ... why ? Because if this film bombs say goodbye to another predator film for the next 20 years if at all.

Now Disney are so close to owning predator , this film will either be seen an the revival of predator or the death of predator for years to come.. so when all you so called fans want it to fail , just remember your not just hurting the movie,  you are hurting the brand as a whole. And that is far more damaging than what Shane black could ever do with one film.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Jenga on May 12, 2018, 07:02:26 AM
This is so weird. The Trailer seems so generic and uninspired but I'm absolutely loving this interview with Shane black on JoBlo. His head and his heart totally seem in the right place and it's kind of pulled me out of the funk I felt when the trailer landed. It's so frustrating because I think they absolutely could make several good Predator movies but they have to not go too big and focus on characters and have some fun. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I agree especially about Shane Blacks interview. I love what he says about the characters and casting them.

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER Yeh I love Predator 2, and I would say I love Predator 2 a little bit more than original Predator. And I agree part of the lore they inserted in the end was AMAZING! My favourite scene is the lost tribe one  ;)
" Thing is im more a fan of the creature than the film itself "
  Also I think it's part of the reason why a lot of people being angry and negative to the fact that they are not a fan of the movie, but fan of the "Predator" himself. They don't care about characters, all they want is to see Slasher movie where Predator kills victims, another location, another group of people( I am generalizing a lot) ;)
And I think it's a possible way to use a franchise(Predator 2 was a slasher to a degree), but also we can go different direction and actually get more polished and expended universe, or hell even get new classic, or a hit (If we will get lucky)

ace3g

ace3g

http://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3432088/going-looney-set-predator/

[Set Visit] Shane Black on Taking the Franchise to New Places in 'The Predator'

another set visit from The Nerdist

https://nerdist.com/the-predator-shane-black-interview-set-visit/

Wysps

Wysps

The interviews just seem to be pouring out now. 

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 12:47:10 AM
[Set Visit] Shane Black and Crew Talk Practical Effects and Predator Dogs in 'The Predator''

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3432561/set-visit-bleeds-can-kill-effects-design-predator/

Spoiler
"Pit Bulls...'cause they have to play a very angry, mean role and sometimes a nicer role."
I'm nervous about this  :-[ It might be an execution thing, but I so don't want nice predator doggies walking alongside humans or taking them on as their masters.  An animal with a predator face shouldn't be nice or cute...I don't think I could get used to this.  The movie might end up making it acceptable, but I don't see how it can be done.
[close]

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

From a design perspective, AVP was pretty awesome in regard to the predators. Yes, the faces were terrible, but we got some of the coolest looking masks ( celtic, sexiest mask imo ), armor, and weapons. Some of the criticism here regarding the shuriken seems like nitpicking. The weapons aren't going to define this movie. I'm positive we haven't seen the coolest shit in the movie. These interviews are making me a lot more optimistic.

Thedutchpredator

Thedutchpredator

Very well said

Xan21

Xan21

The AVP predators where way too overpacked with armour... I like the more tribal looking predators... these looked like they came from a factory line.

yautjapet

yautjapet

Quote from: Wysps on May 12, 2018, 09:49:18 PM
The interviews just seem to be pouring out now. 

Quote from: ace3g on May 12, 2018, 12:47:10 AM
[Set Visit] Shane Black and Crew Talk Practical Effects and Predator Dogs in 'The Predator''

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3432561/set-visit-bleeds-can-kill-effects-design-predator/

Spoiler
"Pit Bulls...'cause they have to play a very angry, mean role and sometimes a nicer role."
I'm nervous about this  :-[ It might be an execution thing, but I so don't want nice predator doggies walking alongside humans or taking them on as their masters.  An animal with a predator face shouldn't be nice or cute...I don't think I could get used to this.  The movie might end up making it acceptable, but I don't see how it can be done.
[close]

I'm really leery about the idea of "predator dogs" in general. I just have a hard time seeing them using dogs (I'm talking classic pred, not superpreds) to aid them in their hunt, it feels like it would go against the idea of individual skill and self-sufficiency. I guess it's just not something I personally am interested in seeing, but that's just me.

predator2rules

predator2rules

My first impressions so far. I am impressed with the suit design. I always collected figures from Pred 1 and pred 2 but none of the other films. I think I will be buying any figure from this. I think to write off a film before seeing it is stupid. I know people are passionate but give it a go. It definitely feels different to other pred films but hell we are in 2018 and everything just seems bigger and more spectacular in films these days. I'm looking forward to the research facility scenes. I've wanted that idea for a long time. I am looking forward to it.

It's bitch raping time

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I love the fact that Shane black isn't dishing out the usual stock interview answers. "What made the original so great..." "respecting the original...." "...going back to the roots.." "recapturing what made the original such a classic." "....did i mention the original?" Instead he just says "I'm taking everything I loved growing up and throwing it all into one movie." Lol sounds nuts but could be a lot of fun. If nothing else, it should be entertaining.

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

The set looks good; I was however unimpressed by the teaser.  Less is more, and they decided they were going to shove the whole plot down your throat in one big gulp.  Save it for the trailer with tidbits here an there; As of now they delivered the entire skeleton without meat and it looks slim.
We did however pretty much get confirmation on the plot, let's hope it delivers.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Predators did a pretty good job with the Predator dogs. The way they were likened to real world hunters by Royce was very much in keeping with the original films away of expositing about the creature and it's motives.

Whether they end up being the same beasty or not, well. I actually hope they at least take some cues from the Predators hound designs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed