Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 134,109 times)

Le Celticant

@SpeedyMaxx:
I was transcending the mere hypothesis of Engineer in the first place.
I'm sure "Engineers" doesn't exist literally in the Alien verse, Ridley's seems to have more obscur motive.
i.e. why I said they weren't engineers because I don't believe it's really a "specie" but more one of diverse humanoid category regrouped created by higher being.
Which is why we have humans, the one doode covered in giger genetic modification on LV-223, the greek god at the opening of Prometheus and now these things on Covenant. All humanoid, all likely derivated and seeding worlds but not specifically the origin of life itself nor the answer to the question of the black goo/Alien.

Still, all this sounds like a weak fan fiction that I barely find interesting. Why not? But beside that, which I don't care much, I'm more worried about the actual film itself and the logic that's behind. If only the editing could not suck like prometheus at least  :D

---

But of course everything there with the film still being worked on is at the hypothesis level.

Molecules

Molecules

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 03:02:49 PM
How do you explain the scorpion tail ship from the Empire article? Who was piloting it? Where did it go?

It's either an automated hangar/anchor/whatever, or it goes down with the rest of 'em. Do you seriously think David let it fly away and that that will be part of the scene?

Sounds like some o' that fan speculation to me... Far more logical, based on everything we know pre-release, is that the Engineers constitute a sprawling, space-faring civilisation, and that their entire population is not contained in one primitive-looking planetary population. However it's obvious that Covenant could (and may well) write all of this out of the picture to raise the stakes and close potential plot holes - e.g. the Engineers of Prometheus were the last preserve of an otherwise-extinct race.

Regarding the provenance of the pink-skins, I have laid out my pet theory (because this is a place to air those), and there are plenty of possibilities, but I find the LEAST likely of these is that they are exactly the same strain of Engineers we saw on LV-223. Unless the contracted budget was so big, and the production so slapdash, that they needed to save on make-up for all those extras for that one scene and just wholesale re-designed the white-skins.

Le Celticant

In the original script "engineers" uplifted humanity multiple times.
It's probably their only way to "reproduce".
Makes us be more like them bit by bit.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 03:24:52 PM
I do believe that, yes. If it has the same warp speed capabilities shown at the end of Prometheus, it should have no trouble getting way.

If you seriously believe that Engineer genocide scene ends with one of their ships flying away (which would defeat the purpose of the actual scene dramatically) I dunno what to tell you. I guess we'll see.

Quote from: Molecules on Apr 17, 2017, 03:26:27 PM
Far more logical, based on everything we know pre-release, is that the Engineers constitute a sprawling, space-faring civilisation, and that their entire population is not contained in one primitive-looking planetary population.

But that was millennia ago. Shaw and David (and the director and crew) called it their homeworld and said it was where they all were now.

QuoteHowever it's obvious that Covenant could (and may well) write all of this out of the picture to raise the stakes and close potential plot holes - e.g. the Engineers of Prometheus were the last preserve of an otherwise-extinct race.

Bingo.

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 17, 2017, 03:20:39 PM
Your view of what Ridley is doing with this movie and the next seems a tad reductive.

That's because the plot of this movie vs. the last one is (IMO) reductive. It focuses in on David and the alien, refocusing the direction of the franchise back to direct prequels and scrapping the larger canvas. Believe me, it wasn't my idea.

Beardomorph

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 03:30:39 PMShaw and David (and the director and crew) called it their homeworld and said it was where they all were now.

Was that actually stated? I missed it if that's the case, where did you get that from?

SpeedyMaxx

It's how I read the film and a lot of commentary by the crew at the time, I'll freely admit there's most likely nothing saying that 100%. But it certainly seems to be this film's angle.

Molecules

Molecules

Actually, looking at these Empire pics again in higher magnification, I am leaning toward SpeedyMaxx on this http://www.scified.com/u/rGKi7L4.jpg

Two things occur:
1) the 'pinkness' ain't down to poor white balance in the low-res photograph;

2) Perhaps the Engineer race are born with Caucasian human-like pigmentation, and they either go white as they age, or it is somehow a result of life-extension technology and genetic diddling. I say this because you see what looks very much like more conventional white-skins in the background. Just a goofy fan theory though, derp  :P

Beardomorph

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 03:37:50 PM
It's how I read the film and a lot of commentary by the crew at the time, I'll freely admit there's most likely nothing saying that 100%. But it certainly seems to be this film's angle.

We're back to our bet then ;D

Molecules

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

Quote from: Molecules on Apr 17, 2017, 03:26:27 PM
Far more logical, based on everything we know pre-release, is that the Engineers constitute a sprawling, space-faring civilisation, and that their entire population is not contained in one primitive-looking planetary population.

But that was millennia ago. Shaw and David (and the director and crew) called it their homeworld and said it was where they all were now.

And lo, they strayed too close to the Promethean fire, and the Gangly Elephant men did cast them from Heaven.

SpeedyMaxx

Elder-wolf

I honestly think it's near impossible to completely make a species extinct that is advanced in some form of intelligence. There will always be a couple of hundred if not thousands  beyond the reach of extinction cause of where they live, where they are, they could be lightyears away, they could be housed in a very secure location, they could have emergency measures in place. But all these theories are just that, theories. What ridley decides ridley does. It is his idea that brought the alien to light in the first place. We are lucky to even have got a chance to see and witness these engineers.

Pvt. Himmel

Front page article needs a little tweaking.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 17, 2017, 04:55:35 PM
I honestly think it's near impossible to completely make a species extinct that is advanced in some form of intelligence. There will always be a couple of hundred if not thousands  beyond the reach of extinction cause of where they live, where they are, they could be lightyears away, they could be housed in a very secure location, they could have emergency measures in place. But all these theories are just that, theories. What ridley decides ridley does. It is his idea that brought the alien to light in the first place. We are lucky to even have got a chance to see and witness these engineers.

This.

This is why I think that by the time of Aliens/Aliens, it's already too late for the Engineers themselves to wipe out humanity because we'd be spread across space and on other worlds.

They had their chance while humans were a planet bound Type-0 or Type-1 civilisation on the Kardashev scale.

But an interstellar Type-2 would be much more sturdy. Engineers are easily a Type-2.

The only ones wiped out are the ones on that planet but we will never know if they're truly extinct. Ridley doesn't have to explore them again if he doesn't want to, but as was said before, they can always come back in a comic or novel.

Prometheus shows us one Engineer on LV-223, but it turns out that in Fire and Stone as well as Life and Death, there were two more Engineers in stasis, and a third came from elsewhere on his own ship to LV-223 after being awakened due to a short scuffle between humans and Predators battling for his ship.

So I doubt this is the last we'll see of them in the franchise as a whole.

Rudy M Alapag, Jr

Rudy M Alapag, Jr

I right now I'm excited for ALIEN COVENANT. BUT the decision to put ALIEN 5 on hold or NOW cancelled and putting a de-aged Weaver in..well. Even though I'm excited for both. Final fan reporting: other members of the crew: Cain, Brent, Parker, Lambert, Ash and Captain Dallas are dead. Cargo ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about 6 weeks. With a little luck of The Network to pick me up. This is Rudy last fan of The ALIEN VS PREDATOR GALAXY signing off...

Predaker

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 17, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 17, 2017, 04:55:35 PM

This.

This is why I think that by the time of Aliens/Aliens, it's already too late for the Engineers themselves to wipe out humanity because we'd be spread across space and on other worlds.

They had their chance while humans were a planet bound Type-0 or Type-1 civilisation on the Kardashev scale.

But an interstellar Type-2 would be much more sturdy. Engineers are easily a Type-2.

The only ones wiped out are the ones on that planet but we will never know if they're truly extinct. Ridley doesn't have to explore them again if he doesn't want to, but as was said before, they can always come back in a comic or novel.

Prometheus shows us one Engineer on LV-223, but it turns out that in Fire and Stone as well as Life and Death, there were two more Engineers in stasis, and a third came from elsewhere on his own ship to LV-223 after being awakened due to a short scuffle between humans and Predators battling for his ship.

So I doubt this is the last we'll see of them in the franchise as a whole.

For all intents and purposes they are extinct by the time we get to ALIEN and the only engineers the Covenant encounters on their homeworld are deadgineers. If we're really lucky, we might see one more die in this prequel series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed