Edward James Olmos joins the cast

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Mar 24, 2017, 05:40:42 PM

Author
Edward James Olmos joins the cast (Read 25,955 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Guts on Mar 28, 2017, 08:15:29 AMHow sure are you that he's gonna be in the New blade Runner?

It's been officially announced, I believe.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 28, 2017, 09:47:14 AM
Quote from: Guts on Mar 28, 2017, 08:15:29 AMHow sure are you that he's gonna be in the New blade Runner?

It's been officially announced, I believe.

omg no wai!

Corporal Hicks

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/blade-runner/47917/blade-runner-2049-edward-james-olmos-returning-as-gaff

QuoteIn a recent interview with TheTrendTalk, actor Edward James Olmos revealed that he's to return as Gaff in Denis Villeneuve's belated sequel, Blade Runner 2049. Although the Blade Runner and Battlestar Galactica star was sworn to secrecy by the movie's producers until now, it seems he's finally allowed to talk about his role in the film - well, a little bit, at least.

"This is the first time that I'm telling the world that, yes, I am going to be Gaff in Blade Runner 2049," Olmos said, before talking briefly about what his appearance might entail.

square.wave

square.wave

He will send two veteran detectives to tail the Predator -- one in a black Ferrari Daytona and one in a blue Coupe de Ville.

ace3g

ace3g

It has been reported through feedback from the screening but

Spoiler

I'll leave it in spoilers until admin decides otherwise.

QuoteEdward James Olmos was cast in The Predator in March of 2017, however, as the September release date nears, the Battlestar Galactica star told /Film during the publicity rounds for his new FX show Mayans M.C. that he's been cut out of the movie entirely. The good news is that Olmos doesn't have any hard feelings about it, and cutting his character may turn out better for the movie.

The news of Edward James Olmos cut from The Predator came straight from the man himself. Olmos was said to play a military character, but the actor clarified that he would have played a four-star general, but ultimately his scenes weren't relevant to the story. "I'm not in the show though," Olmos said, "It was too long so my character, they had to take me out. They were like half an hour, 3/4 of an hour too long. So I understand why."

Director Shane Black surely had to make some tough calls. Thankfully, Olmos understood, "It was gracious of them to call me and tell me, 'Hey, we really feel bad,' you know?"

https://www.slashfilm.com/edward-james-olmos-cut-from-the-predator/

[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

Well f**k me. I just made a post saying I'd hoped he was in it Because I'm loving the character in the novel. Maybe we'll get him in the directors cut

Tetsujin

:(  :-\  :'(

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think there's going to be a DC for this film, just a suspicion.

YTL_Hunter_H2

In hoping you're wrong. In the chance you're correct at least put the cut scenes as a bonus feature

Lotus

Lotus

So that's how the alliance predators get delete because the general was connection.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Completely removing an actor's entire role from a movie you specifically hired them for is, to put it lightly, kind of a dick move.

But hey, it always happens.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Lotus on Aug 04, 2018, 05:55:41 PM
So that's how the alliance predators get delete because the general was connection.

The General was out long before the friendly Predators.

azamultic

Quote from: DarthWall275 on Aug 04, 2018, 06:17:08 PM
Completely removing an actor's entire role from a movie you specifically hired them for is, to put it lightly, kind of a dick move.

DarthWall275
how is that a dick move? They didn't do all this just to cut him on purpose, and also I am sure they paid him. So I don't see where is the Dick move. In editing room when they see all scenes together and they begin polishing the movie they do find some scenes dragging too much, or they being asked to trim off the material to get in time limitations. So I still don't get where you ee a dick move  :(

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: azamultic on Aug 04, 2018, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: DarthWall275 on Aug 04, 2018, 06:17:08 PM

DarthWall275
how is that a dick move? They didn't do all this just to cut him on purpose, and also I am sure they paid him. So I don't see where is the Dick move. In editing room when they see all scenes together and they begin polishing the movie they do find some scenes dragging too much, or they being asked to trim off the material to get in time limitations. So I still don't get where you ee a dick move  :(

The man still got paid. He'll be fine.

YTL_Hunter_H2

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed