The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,844 times)

huntin8-t0n

I really liked the prequel novel, it was fun to watch, and only the last quarter of the ending fight felt a bit too long.

All in all, it was interesting from either sides. It gave a glimpse of the predator culture / ideology (based on this book I thought the whole dna stuff could work, even if it was mentioned in only half of a sentence), but nothing detailed. There were some great parts, my only question was why they had to use the word yautja. But it's just a minor issue. The cloaking was fine, I'd say in the last fight. Pred tech evolves too.

The whole Stargazer line, the Reapers and the politics behind it was awesome and exciting. Trager's character seemed really good and interesting, but Pappy gave most food for thought.

The whole build-up was great. And also connectible with earlier but later movies, literature too. If you have read Hunters 2 already, you know what I mean. Stargazer can be a really good addition to the pred universe, I hope we'll see them around.

The Old One

The Old One

Is it possible to read this whilst ignoring the film then?

Wysps

Yeah, the novel can almost work as a stand-alone piece as most of the plot threads are more or less resolved by the end of the book.

The Old One

The Old One

I see. Thank you.

Stitch

Having now seen the film, I now kinda wish they'd used the prequel novel instead, and used the movie as the tie in.

Corporal Hicks

I definitely prefer the prequel over the finished film.

The Old One

The Old One

That's a sad revelation.

Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2018, 09:21:27 AM
I definitely prefer the prequel over the finished film.

I've been thinking a lot about this a lot and feel it would have made a better film as well.  While it would not deviate much from the original 1987 film, it would have been a fantastic sequel.  The following elements would have been fascinating to explore:

• The drug bust scene with the predator causing chaos would be a great dynamic to see onscreen
  • The biker and carnival battles are downright terrifying
  • Flashback to Pappy's Vietnam battle
  • Keyes or other staff releasing the predator from confinement leading to a more interesting breakout scene
  • Explore the dynamic of the Reapers ala the 1987 original

Heck even keep the global warming angle where the predators are doing more scouting to see if Earth would be a suitable new home, I really wouldn't care as it would mean more encounters

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 04:14:40 PM

Not only that but the prequel is almost completely unrelated to the film...I'm not even sure why they called it a prequel...maybe because Traeger was in the cast?

It's obvious that, were it a true prequel, the events of the film would be much different (e.g., 2 fricken predator escapes...are you kidding me?)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 23, 2018, 04:14:40 PM

Absolutely. To be frank, after watching the movie, felt like two totally different universe of the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed