Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Nov 12, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

Author
Will there be a sequel with Amanda Ripley? (Read 26,089 times)

gabgrave

One idea I had was to have the player switching between characters, a marine and an civilian, with the marine having to fight their way pass their alien encounter to rescue the civilian, who can then assist the marines by getting into places they can't and opening up areas and objectives that brute force can't. Also have a marine isolated on his own, with limited ammo and multiple hostiles around him which would tear him apart if he so much as fires off a burst, requiring him to be tactical in order to get out safely. We can still have stand offs and last stands where multiple marines are present, but the main focus should be trying not to attract unnecessary attention that would waste your ammo. And some marine rescue mission objects or bonus objectives would be brilliant. There were a couple of survivors in A:I that had the potential to be saved if the game allowed for it, instead of just being alien bait if it happens to drop down in that area looking for you. Really pissed me off since the exit was just right beside them.

newbeing

This job posting at CA seems kind of interesting. Or could mean nothing, but more DLC.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/job/141024/character-artist

QuoteThis role is working on a new project with an exciting and established IP from the team that brought you Alien:Isolation.

Dark Blade1

i hope their is a sequel with her in it the sequel might give use the full backstory.

ClockworkHorror

There has to be something coming, right?

One neat thing I'm kind of curious about is that the Art book has a Medical ship in it that I don't remember seeing in the game. And there's a log that mentions transferring the station's medical patients into the medical ship. Maybe that will come into play?

Keg

There are little ambulances that fly out of the station and around the outside to various docking points which are supposed to be a quick way of getting people to the med bay from anywhere on the station. Amanda uses one to get to Marlows ship but theyre very short range and most of them are out of commission or damaged in the game. Could you not be thinking of those?

ClockworkHorror

Nope, not the Ambulances. I remember the log stating Medical Ship, and multiple patients indicating it would be a bigger ship.

Page 68 of the art book shows the PATNA B4LS004, medical transport vessel. Definitely not an ambulance. And not, as I recall, a vessel seen in A:I.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 26, 2014, 08:29:29 AMNope, not the Ambulances. I remember the log stating Medical Ship, and multiple patients indicating it would be a bigger ship.
Correct, the log mentions a ship to transport them back to Earth (or wherever else they're going once Sevastopol closes), and Waits suggests putting the more 'unstable' patients into early hypersleep to keep them out of trouble. No hypersleep pods on the ambulances.

Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 26, 2014, 08:29:29 AMPage 68 of the art book shows the PATNA B4LS004, medical transport vessel. Definitely not an ambulance. And not, as I recall, a vessel seen in A:I.
Patna?

Conspiracy.

ClockworkHorror

Oooooooh.... The Conestoga class in Alien3. Hmmmm... I wonder if the Alien 3 novelization is considered canonical by Fox.

Gate

Please take the plot of Steve Perry's Earth Hive and make that the background conflict. Please please please, or at least get us on a WY ship where they are experimenting with Prometheus tech and an Alien infestation goes crazy.

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: ClockworkHorror on Nov 26, 2014, 08:46:52 AM
Oooooooh.... The Conestoga class in Alien3. Hmmmm... I wonder if the Alien 3 novelization is considered canonical by Fox.
I'd hope not, considering Mr. Aaron dies twice.

aliens13

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Dec 02, 2014, 12:08:24 AM
Really? He dies twice? How?

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 02, 2014, 01:36:02 AM
In one of the later scripts, but not the shooting script, Aaron goes to meet the WY team when they land, and they gun him down.  This happens in the book.  In the film, Aaron hits the man credited as Bishop II with a wrench, and the WY commandos shoot him in response.  This also happens in the book.

I think AD Foster was asked to change his manuscript at some point to match the ever-evolving script, and he or his editor forgot about the first time Aaron died.

aliens13

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Dec 02, 2014, 02:35:40 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 02, 2014, 01:36:02 AM
In one of the later scripts, but not the shooting script, Aaron goes to meet the WY team when they land, and they gun him down.  This happens in the book.  In the film, Aaron hits the man credited as Bishop II with a wrench, and the WY commandos shoot him in response.  This also happens in the book.

I think AD Foster was asked to change his manuscript at some point to match the ever-evolving script, and he or his editor forgot about the first time Aaron died.
Sorry, my confusion, I thought that you were saying that Aeron died 2 times in the book.  ;D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Dec 02, 2014, 02:35:40 AMIn one of the later scripts, but not the shooting script, Aaron goes to meet the WY team when they land, and they gun him down.  This happens in the book.  In the film, Aaron hits the man credited as Bishop II with a wrench, and the WY commandos shoot him in response.  This also happens in the book.

I don't remember that at all, and I read it quite recently. He only dies at the end, like he does in the film.

Corporal Hicks

Completely different ships. I thought about that too when I first saw the name but the Art book clearly shows they're not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed