More Screening Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jul 01, 2004, 09:09:28 PM

Author
More Screening Reviews (Read 8,771 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Ain’t It Cool News have posted four reviews which have been sent in by people who attended the AvP screening on Long Beach. Three of them are negative while the other being quite positive:

“This is not an epic film at all but more like a smaller horror flick, as we might expect from Anderson. Some of you might have been disappointed to hear that since we all want a AVP set on some huge planet with massive war scenes and stuff. Well we don’t get that here but we do get some effective little set pieces involving dark corridors.. It’s a classic horror type film and I think it works better for it. Maybe they can focus on a war aspect in AVP2 which I am sure there will be.”

Judging by what AICN have posted in the past, I wouldn’t take these reviews too seriously but the one above seems believable enough.

roger that

roger that

yep. opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

Classic horror type? Like /\LIENS?

Terhou

Terhou

Dunno anything.how should i react?   :-\  

Uropygi

Uropygi

OH MAAAN! More negative reviews! Please don't say this will be The Matrix: Reloaded all over again - major disapointment.

Argh

Argh

The don't understand....... I guess someone who has played the games will enjoy it more so .

Jonatron

Jonatron

I'm glad to hear it's not an epic! But what worries me is: another(believable seeming) review sais "the acting is not better then in JasonX(exept Lance, of course)".

J

J

Boy, AICN weren't exactly jumping for joy to hear Paul Anderson would be directing the movie so the knives were already out for him.  I LIKE TO POINT OUT, that wasn't it the same site that also said that the predator costumes were to big and lame and also that the aliens themselves were 'silver' looking, I swear its like they are out on a personal crusade to hurt this guy.  WHATS WRONG WITH THEM ? ARE THEY HATERS OR WHAT ????    >:D  

Variable

Variable

This is good to hear. WhenI saw Spider Man 2 and I saw an AVP preview and watching the crowd react was great. This movie will do good.

Venenoso

Venenoso

its funny that this crappy AICN site is the one to post the 4 fan reviews, would be nice if some fans from this site would have attended, so we wouldn't have to worry about, if AICN made these reviews up themself (don't think so though), as it seems they're trying to do everything they can to put PA & AvP down..until i see a belieable review from chud.com superherohype.com or here, i won't consider it facts :)  About the acting being bad, i kinda doubt Sanaa, Lance, Colin, Bremmer will act bad, but ok if the dialogs in the script are bad/corny..PA isn't exactly known for having memorable quotes in this movies.

J

J

THATS RIGHT PEOPLE !!! all AICN can do is cuss Paul Anderons materials, labeling the mans films as  ' failures',  Lets say if the people  didn't know who directed went into see the film I wonder if they would be so judgment had if it been a any1 else ??   They really don't want this man to do well at all !!

batman

batman

"Whoever built this pyramid believed in ritual sacrifice"  I had to cringe a bit then.

Let's talk bout Anderson then. I haven't seen Shopping but i admit the concept sounded cool, he wrote that as well. Mortal Kombat i kinda liked in a childish way {i was only 13 at the time}, doubt i could watch it now tho. Event Horizon i did like and an excellent idea, but i felt it could have been pushed a little further. Soldier i haven't seen but i hear it's widely reguarded as a terrible film and that Kurt Russell wishes he'd never done it. When i heard he was doing Resident Evil i was initially pleased but by god what an awful film! A movie in it's own right i cud forgive, but why call it Resident Evil? Take out a few references to Umbrella and T-Virus what did it have whatsoever to do with the series? What a wasted license!  This is definitely his last chance.

dachande

dachande

people in the industry are pathetic now.  there isn't any real emotion behind scenes and the actual thought of "film" being an art is extinct.  Fox should have kept to the original plot set down by darkhorse comics.  The public would much rather see something done with years of thought before than to just rush into a pathetic excuse of a story.  Anderson reminds me of a child that has a brilliant idea but falls short on the production of the vision.

DeaconRage

DeaconRage

this is it. the beginning of the end   :-\     :-\  

Variable

Variable

Not quite batman. It aint over yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed