Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 14, 2021, 04:52:00 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Oct 14, 2021, 04:49:07 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 14, 2021, 04:39:33 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Oct 14, 2021, 04:36:04 PM
Laid them where?

I am theorist not a doctor. :p

My best guess is the drop ship she exists when she cute Bishop in half. She had time.

Dropship landing gear is literally the only place she could have laid them, and there is absolutely zero chance that a hardened survivor like Ripley wouldn't check there before putting everyone into Hypersleep.

It is possible Ripley believed the Queen could only lay eggs with the egg sack. So she didn't consider emergancy egg laying.
By the end she's in full on mommy survivalist mode, along with some post traumatic paranoia, probably. She'd check everywhere. Twice.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 14, 2021, 05:22:50 PM
Laid them where?

My best guess is the drop ship she exists when she cute Bishop in half. She had time.

Dropship landing gear is literally the only place she could have laid them, and there is absolutely zero chance that a hardened survivor like Ripley wouldn't check there before putting everyone into Hypersleep.

It is possible Ripley believed the Queen could only lay eggs with the egg sack. So she didn't consider emergancy egg laying.
By the end she's in full on mommy survivalist mode, along with some post traumatic paranoia, probably. She'd check everywhere. Twice.

Yeah, no way she doesn't check the one place there may be a nasty surprise (and probably a few others too). If I have to get a spider out of the bedroom, I check around the place for a good half an hour before going to bed. If you've just got rid of a giant alien with acid for blood, I'd imagine you'd scour every inch of that ship before even thinking of getting some shuteye. Not like she had any reason to rush...

426Buddy

426Buddy

The events of Alien3 prove otherwise. :laugh:

Even though it was a gag you can hear a hugger running around at the end of Aliens as well.

So she definitely didn't look hard enough.

Kradan

Kradan

:D

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

You guys are also forgetting the big argument about girders we just had, it can't be the dropship.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 14, 2021, 08:33:16 PM
You guys are also forgetting the big argument about girders we just had, it can't be the dropship.

Yes, it can't be the dropship. At the same time, it can't not be the dropship. But then, if it was the dropship, it would have been found by Ripley. And it could have been Bishop, but it can't be Bishop. Consensus...

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 14, 2021, 05:22:50 PM
Laid them where?

I don't know, after the Queen is jettisoned into space, Ripley goes into calm and happy gear with Newt. So she may have not che ked.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It was clearly a Wizard.

And we've already established that Randy is a magician, and he made the "official" sequel.

Wizard!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 14, 2021, 08:33:16 PM

They always forget.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Maybe David did it?

Kradan

Kradan

Are you saying Magic Egg was David's failed attempt to create himself a dick ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Rankles75 on Oct 14, 2021, 08:39:24 PMYes, it can't be the dropship. At the same time, it can't not be the dropship. But then, if it was the dropship, it would have been found by Ripley. And it could have been Bishop, but it can't be Bishop.

For any Red Dwarf fans here, this made me think of the episode where Kryten's head keeps exploding.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Does any of the Alien 3 Script Drafts have an explanation for the eggs. Otherwise I blame a hidden Predalien or Carrier Alien. :p

SiL

SiL

Not really.

Gibson had one growing out of Bishop, which was the closest we got. For the finished film the egg wasn't even in the script initially and only added later after filming had ended.

Most scripts gave no explanation.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

That's interesting a Synthetic host.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed