Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 226,040 times)

SM

SM

I don't believe the Directors Cut ever got an official release on VHS.

And Lambert seems to be hanging right way up.

enyapneb

enyapneb

Quote from: SM on Oct 26, 2012, 12:14:26 AM
I don't believe the Directors Cut ever got an official release on VHS.

And Lambert seems to be hanging right way up.

It was in the facehugger black suitcase/box set. There was a additional cassette :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5jYeIMBKk#

No sound but interesting to watch (nothing dodgy)

Here is the full original scene:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzRXrPl-OoA#ws

And if you watch the extended Bret scene you will notice the Alien does the same "tail" thing. Its like it holds then steady to kill?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPaQfLg08c#ws

Gash

Gash

Did the alien rape Dallas?

SM

SM

Why'd you think he has trouble talking?

Gash

Gash

Because he's had a facehugger embryo injected up his bum.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: Gash on Oct 28, 2012, 11:21:45 PM
Because he's had a facehugger embryo injected up his bum.

:laugh:

And now we know why, thanks for clearing that up.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I've always wandered how the Alien really killed Lambert. The last thing we see is her screaming and the Alien's tail going between her legs. Than we hear in the distance as Ripley is racing down those dark rustic corridors Lambert screaming in pure agony and fear. As Ripley approaches the room where Parker and Lambert were getting the coolant for the air support system she see's Parker slumping over with blood running down his face and than the Ripley see's Lambert, her feet dangling above the ground with blood running between her toes. Her big toe seems to be dislocated and her pants are completley gone. Makes you think how demented the Alien could really be. From what it looks like in my opinion, it looks like she might of been brutally raped.

SM

SM

Maybe.  Maybe not.

We're not supposed to know either way.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2014, 02:38:56 AM
Maybe.  Maybe not.

We're not supposed to know either way.

She has no shoes or pants on dude....She must of been raped. Why would her clothes of been off for no reason? And what is she dangling from?

Cvalda

Cvalda

I NEED TO KNOW IF SHE WAS RAPED DUDE

FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES

SM

SM

QuoteShe has no shoes or pants on dude....She must of been raped. Why would her clothes of been off for no reason? And what is she dangling from?

What do you think, Sherlock?

"Must" is a long bow to draw.
"Must of" is just flat out gramatically incorrect.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2014, 02:42:54 AM
I NEED TO KNOW IF SHE WAS RAPED DUDE

FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2014, 02:45:06 AM

QuoteShe has no shoes or pants on dude....She must of been raped. Why would her clothes of been off for no reason? And what is she dangling from?

What do you think, Sherlock?

"Must" is a long bow to draw.
"Must of" is just flat out gramatically incorrect.

In your opinion SM what do you think happend and what do you think she might be hanging from?

MrSpaceJockey

Tail probably went through her pants, impaled through her body, and when the alien dragged out the tail, the pants and shoes came off with it.  That's how I always imagined it.  Rape from a human perspective, but not necessarily because the alien had any sexual lust, it's just that the way it killed her that invokes a sense of rape in our minds.

It's really an open topic not even the filmmakers can agree on.  After all, didn't Ridley said she died of fear?  But the scene's obviously edited to look like rape, taking deleted portions from Brett's death scene and splicing in them for extra disturbance.  :P

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Lambert's fate was not clear in the movie due to an afterthought editing insert, and it created some confusion as to why or how did it kill her. It is hinted that the alien is about to use its bladed tail to kill her, however that is not the case. The insert is taken from an earlier scene with Brett, and from that scene we know the alien used the tail to lift him up and take him to the vents. The 1979 Illustrated Story showed the alien as actually stabbing the back. There have even been some suggestions of some sort of sexual act, however that would make no sense since the alien does not have any reproductive organs and does not need to engage in a sexual act. This wild theory has originated from Sigourney Weaver, but Ridley Scott was puzzled by it himself

Q: Sigourney Weaver told me that she believed the Alien looked at Ripley in the final scene with curiosity and perhaps sexual interest.
Ridley Scott: I never thought about it that way. I find that her comment is ... certainly odd (via alienseries blog)

Ron Shusset: 'People have read all kinds of things into it that we didn't intend, not even subconsciously. (2004 doc)

Scott naturally denied the creature having sexual desires, and its an "insect" and "natural animal", which was "completely instinctual". Today, in the age of easy access to information, it is more commonly known what had happened to Lambert. She simply unintentionally killed herself , dying from fright trying to escape/hide in a small lock, getting a heart attack and hurting herself in the process

Cartwright: Ridley wanted to do a thing where I freak out and crowded back into one of those lockers that the cat came out of. I sort of crawl up into it and dire of fright.

In the novelization also, its described that Ripley finds Lambert's body squeezed violently into the airshaft (in the movie its been said to be the locker). Lambert pretty much died of fright and panickly tried to hide in a small locker, breaking her bones and ripping her clothes and eventually panicking to the point her heart stopped. This is what she is hanging from, the locker that she stuffed herself into

Scott: Veronica was always great at barely controlled terror. Catatonic terror. She's always like, two steps from a heart attack, which I think she finally does at the end - have a heart attack. 'You'd probably die before the thing touched you anyway. I mean, you'd have a heart attack, right? You'd turn and see it and last about four seconds before you had a coronary

Dan Obannon confirmed what actually happened to Lambert in Famous Monster #159

O'Bannon: "Finally, returning to Lambert & Parker's murders, when we see the result of the creature's attack we notice that her bare legs are hung midair but we are not shown why. Well. the alien came thru the airshaft; that's where it shoved the body."

http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienandAliens.htm

She was shoved into the locker or air shaft, depending on who you listen

SM

SM

QuoteIn your opinion SM what do you think happend and what do you think she might be hanging from?

It's impossible to make a judgement.  Guessing - there's a bench in the crabwalk scene, next to where she's standing, that she could've been slumped on, with her feet dangling.  Though the scene is meant to look like it, the camera angle of the bodies isn't Ripley's POV.  And the direction she is looking isn't where Lamberts body would be (though it would be the direction of Parkers body)

As for the rape thing - it's implied it did something to her with it's tail.  Xhan has speculated in the past that Lambert's screams suggested a sucking chest wound.  As for her pants - they're loose fitting.  If the waist band got torn in ther struggle, they'll fall off.  The boots are harder to explain.  Can't see the Alien needing to remove them.

Even if we are talking rape, then it's rape by a creature who doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Ripley just sees "carnage" in the script.  No details.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed